• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Boxes

bombtek

I just recently aquired a plexiglass humidor (well its not a humidor yet...but with a few finishing touches it will be), and instead of going through the trouble of building Spanish Cedar trays for it, I am opting to use unused cigar boxes. Anyone know of a good source for these? I've looked on Evilbay, but they want up to 12 bux for a box in some cases...nm shiping!!

My local stores aren't any better pricewise. There has gotta be some kind of "elephant graveyard" for these unused gems out there somewhere hasn't there?

If someone here can hook a bud up on a lead for some it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much.
Bill

I just recently aquired a plexiglass humidor (well its not a humidor yet...but with a few finishing touches it will be), and instead of going through the trouble of building Spanish Cedar trays for it, I am opting to use unused cigar boxes. Anyone know of a good source for these? I've looked on Evilbay, but they want up to 12 bux for a box in some cases...nm shiping!!

My local stores aren't any better pricewise. There has gotta be some kind of "elephant graveyard" for these unused gems out there somewhere hasn't there?

If someone here can hook a bud up on a lead for some it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much.
Bill

I am sure some brothers here can help you out...
I find it hard to believe that your B&M won't give you some boxes... Maybe it's time to check out some different cigar stores!
-Rob

edited to add: I would help you out but all my boxes are being used for storage in my frigador,

I have an empty box of Cohiba Robustos. nice wooden box PM me your addy. I can send it your way.

Bill, please do post a picture of this plexiglass humi when you're done.

I will.....probably be able to finish it this coming weekend or the next one after that

I know CI usually has empty boxes for sale in their mag, can't recall any prices off the top of my head.

But they may be worth a look.

I live outside Richmond and I was just in Uncle Mikey's Herf House and he gave me 7 or 8 boxes from his stack. He had a bunch more stacked up and I bet if you contact him he may send you some for really cheap. 804-346-8655 or herfhousecigars@comcast.net is his contact info.
I would check around your area at cigar shops and see if they have them.

I know CI usually has empty boxes for sale in their mag, can't recall any prices off the top of my head.

But they may be worth a look.

DING DING DING DING!!!

I was just going to mention that. Great minds and all that. :laugh:

It just so happens that I have my April CI catalog. The prices are 10 Decorated (dressed) boxes for $10. 10 Wooden boxes for $20.

Bombtek I was also at a local store last night $1.00 each for paper wrapped boxes $2.00 each for wooden. Plus the money goes to charity. Let me know if you want to go that route..

I have a 3 left over boxes and spanish cedar courtesy of Gandolf and CigarAnon from my coolerdor project. Send me your snail mail and I'll ship em off to ya!

Bombtek I was also at a local store last night $1.00 each for paper wrapped boxes $2.00 each for wooden. Plus the money goes to charity. Let me know if you want to go that route..

One of my local shops does the same deal. Let me know if you need some :thumbs: