• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Breath

Seanholio

Don Quixote
After the Missus commented on the multi-day lingering barnyard smell* emanating from my pie-and-smoke hole, I've been searching for solutions with high-success-probability. In the grand scheme of things, I'll give up stogies before I'll inflict long-term knock-a-dog-off-a-gut-wagon breath on my wife.

I used Cigar Clear on Friday night after the J. Fuego tasting at my local B&M. With repeated use, apparently things get better, she says. I'm hoping for a more-surefire way to fix this.

I've found Elimitaste gum's website. Does anyone have experience with their product?

Does anyone have further recommendations?

Thanks in advance,

Sean

* She did not say it in so many words, but as she is a tolerant and loving woman, she wouldn't say anything unless it was quite foul.

drink anything with acid in it. orange juice, grapefruit juice, ect. the acid will eat away the cigar in your mouth and throat. it works better than your typical tooth paste and listerine combo.

also, do a search for this topic. i know its been discussed before.

I don't know about smell but I've used citrus to knock out the taste of a strong maduro. We have a Japanese Kumquat tree in the yard and a couple of these eaten with the skin on takes away the lingering taste.

Before I smoke on the weekend nights, I always ask if there's a possibility that we may be doing the wild thing later. I like cigars but.....I like some other things a lot more ;)

1) Smoke cigar.
2) Drink scotch, rum, or other brown liquid.
3) Smoke another cigar
4, 5, 6) Rounds of #2.
7) Ignore wife.

No problem.

With a handle ending in ...'holio'...I think cigar breath should be the least of your worries!

....oh, Tips and Tricks... <WIlkey outta like the 'tricks' one!

I use coffee to combat the problem! :)

I don't know about smell but I've used citrus to knock out the taste of a strong maduro. We have a Japanese Kumquat tree in the yard and a couple of these eaten with the skin on takes away the lingering taste.

Before I smoke on the weekend nights, I always ask if there's a possibility that we may be doing the wild thing later. I like cigars but.....I like some other things a lot more ;)
if you have got to ask if there's a "possibility", cigar breath is the least of your problems :whistling: :laugh:

Brian

drink anything with acid in it. orange juice, grapefruit juice, ect. the acid will eat away the cigar in your mouth and throat. it works better than your typical tooth paste and listerine combo.

also, do a search for this topic. i know its been discussed before.

I searched, and unfortunately the phrase "holding my breath" reduces the signal-to-noise ratio.

With a handle ending in ...'holio'...I think cigar breath should be the least of your worries!

....oh, Tips and Tricks... <WIlkey outta like the 'tricks' one!

I use coffee to combat the problem! :)

Thanks for the links, Grateful1.`

[/quote]

Pretty much my situation as well. I usually floss, brush, and wash my face. The smell is not totally gone according to the Mrs.

The more I smoke, and I've been smoking since before I met my GF 6 years ago, the better she's getting with "that one smells" or "you smell like cigar"

I've been dying to get my girl to smoke because A. I think a woman smoking a stoge is sexy as hell, and B. My girl really is my best friend and if she can enjoy a smoke with me and get into the whole ambience, then that'd be really cool.

Maybe your wife should start smoking cigars. Run it by her... :D

I've been dying to get my girl to smoke because A. I think a woman smoking a stoge is sexy as hell, and B. My girl really is my best friend and if she can enjoy a smoke with me and get into the whole ambience, then that'd be really cool.
You both are spot on. She is willing to join me for a smoke once in a while, but it is rare that we can go out smoking together as we have children and babysitters are not cheap. :)

I'm just looking for a way to not have a three or four day window of having my kisser being repulsive afterwards. I'm going to give the elimitaste gum a try. I'll post my results after the trial.

I fired my wife 5 years ago........

as for the wild thing, I guess I will have to take things into my own hands :sign:

The bitter lemon mixers work pretty well. . . swish 'n spit, or swallow (?!)

Schweppes or Fever-Tree make good ones.

I've tried chewing cloves, too. . . actually numbs the gums a bit.

I have heard other talk about using Biotene mouthwash for tongue bite but I use it as an everyday mouthwash. I have to say that it works much better for me then Listerine when used in combo with my Sonicare. I rarely have any cigar smell or aftertaste but I don't smoke more then one a day.

Grab yourself a pack of spearmint Orbit gum, and chew on a peice for 1-1.5 hours. that usually gets rid of all after affects on the breath for me.

Chew on a wedge of lemon,rind and all. Kills the cigar taste and smell in a jiffy.

You should try licking your dogs ass. She will complain about that, but then the upside is she'll appreciate when you smell like a cigar instead of dog sh*t. :thumbs:

You should try licking your dogs ass. She will complain about that, but then the upside is she'll appreciate when you smell like a cigar instead of dog sh*t.

I second this. You should totally do that! :laugh:

You should try licking your dogs ass. She will complain about that, but then the upside is she'll appreciate when you smell like a cigar instead of dog sh*t. :thumbs:

I think I'll pass on the whole "relative smells" category.