• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Careers?

Don't get pissy because we ruined all of SoCal's dreams for their pretty boy-who-got-pushed to get his third Title. Just because our star got it done doesn't mean you have to be bitter the rest of your days..... :rolleyes: :whistling: :laugh:

I despise every last CA team, but you simply cannot talk smack on SoCal. You will lose. If not one year, the next five.

Sorry for the jack. A little on the subject: I wrote to most of the producers and a few reps a year ago about working in the industry. It's more of a 'maybe' way down the road for me. Not a one of them wrote back.

Like a lot of things, this may be about who you know. I'm not sure. You could ask IanHummel. I think he's a rep for Oliva.

5) Practice saying "Pretty Good". It's the only answer you'll need to how each and every cigar in your shop smokes.

That's funny.

Do you think this will "thin out the herd" so to speak, George? If that's the case, it may not be such a bad thing. But I see states that are even banning smoking in cigar stores. That simply sucks.

My .02: The war on cigars is hardly a war. Your state's reps vs. a few shop owners and a bunch of guys who write emails that are deleted like so much bulk mail.

Either we show up, or we don't.

Turbo - I question how serious you are about this path as you have been offered a couple of sincere opportunities to meet some people in the know and you haven't responded. :( In general, if you really intend to do something you have to make actions towards that goal, otherwise your just watching the world go by.

While I was in school, I worked for the one of the biggest liquor stores in the state. During my time there, I can count at least three guys who left the cash register to go to work for a distributor as reps.

The biggest store in the state also attracts the most reps so there was a lot of traffic in and out all the time. That would be my suggestion, put in your time at a good store known for its knowledge, or I'm sorry to say at least for its product movement and go from there.

A good idea would be to find a store and be up front with the manager. If you can work a cash register AND are knowledgeable about cigars, then I think he'd be more than happy to use you while he can and introduce you to the people who can help you.

nobody seems to be talking about a career in exhibition rolling ..........