• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CIGAR FEST TICKETS NOW ON SALE!

Yeah, I don't know if I'll go this year or not. I'm sure it won't be hard to get tickets at the last minute for a Botl...many people I know are buying the max. BUT, not high on my priority list.

Hey Brewmeister this is what response came out about the marketing attempt

286. Author: Gonz@CigarBid Date: 01/10/2008 02:16 PM Reply
In 24 short hours, I've never had so many people yell at me in my life. Customers, employees, the boss, the boss's wife, the boss's girlfriend, the boss's mom, more customers, my mom. Yes, I'm the guy that came up with this crazy invite idea (so if you don't hear from me in awhile, please check the end zone at Giants Stadium). The whole crew is in Miami scoring more deals, and I'm the guy left behind to navigate the ship. Now that I've blown a hole in the side of the ship, I'll try to repair the damage.

My apologies first and foremost for not first announcing and making available tickets to my fellow and loyal cbid-ers. Last year we had no less than several thousand customers email, call, and write (yes, people actually wrote letters) screaming at CI about the fact that we were already sold out, and said they would never do business with us again. If we could have 5,000 customers attend this event, we would, trust me. This year we considered not having the event at all b/c it's nearly impossible to keep all of our very loyal customers happy with this singular event. And after this situation, who knows about next year.

Anyway, I lobbied like hell to keep the event and so I came up with the crazy idea of trying to get invitations into a random selection of customers who have never attended CigarFest - give them a shot at getting tickets. Well, since some people got their ticket from Uncle Joe, another from Cousin Fred, another who's friend got a block of 10, some folks who did attend last year got the invite. Shazaam! Boom! Talk about backfire! Blame it on me, the IT geek, I'll take the sword, I would've never thought.

Secondly, blame me for not seeing this post until 9pm and trying frantically to get in touch with Steve R. who ignored my message until midnight. Not sure what they're doing in Miami, but I sure wish I was there right about now.

Most importantly, we want you, our loyal customers, at this event, as many as humanly possible. We've done our best at trying to satisfy each and every one with the absolute best product (eg. 5 Vegas Classic Torpedo, my personal favorite) and customer service possible over the years. If there's something we need to do right now to repair the damage I've done, please let me know...my job very well may depend on it.

- Gonz

Hey Brewmeister this is what response came out about the marketing attempt

286. Author: Gonz@CigarBid Date: 01/10/2008 02:16 PM Reply
In 24 short hours, I've never had so many people yell at me in my life. Customers, employees, the boss, the boss's wife, the boss's girlfriend, the boss's mom, more customers, my mom. Yes, I'm the guy that came up with this crazy invite idea (so if you don't hear from me in awhile, please check the end zone at Giants Stadium). The whole crew is in Miami scoring more deals, and I'm the guy left behind to navigate the ship. Now that I've blown a hole in the side of the ship, I'll try to repair the damage.

My apologies first and foremost for not first announcing and making available tickets to my fellow and loyal cbid-ers. Last year we had no less than several thousand customers email, call, and write (yes, people actually wrote letters) screaming at CI about the fact that we were already sold out, and said they would never do business with us again. If we could have 5,000 customers attend this event, we would, trust me. This year we considered not having the event at all b/c it's nearly impossible to keep all of our very loyal customers happy with this singular event. And after this situation, who knows about next year.

Anyway, I lobbied like hell to keep the event and so I came up with the crazy idea of trying to get invitations into a random selection of customers who have never attended CigarFest - give them a shot at getting tickets. Well, since some people got their ticket from Uncle Joe, another from Cousin Fred, another who's friend got a block of 10, some folks who did attend last year got the invite. Shazaam! Boom! Talk about backfire! Blame it on me, the IT geek, I'll take the sword, I would've never thought.

Secondly, blame me for not seeing this post until 9pm and trying frantically to get in touch with Steve R. who ignored my message until midnight. Not sure what they're doing in Miami, but I sure wish I was there right about now.

Most importantly, we want you, our loyal customers, at this event, as many as humanly possible. We've done our best at trying to satisfy each and every one with the absolute best product (eg. 5 Vegas Classic Torpedo, my personal favorite) and customer service possible over the years. If there's something we need to do right now to repair the damage I've done, please let me know...my job very well may depend on it.

- Gonz

Yepper, I'd read that over on CBID Forums prior to my above post. They need to cancel all the tickets and start over IMO. I can not believe that this decision was made only by an IT person. Oh well, more money for other things. I'm done with 'em.

I just spoke with a few friends of mine and there is roughly 150 tickets on sale now at the CI Super Store and Downown Store. Here are their numbers:

Super Store: 484-895-3933

Downtown Store: 610-419-2076

Good luck all if your still tryin' to get tickets........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

I just spoke with a few friends of mine and there is roughly 150 tickets on sale now at the CI Super Store and Downown Store. Here are their numbers:

Good work Charlie,
I already have my early admit tix so we'll see you down there. Good news for those seeking tix though. If I were out there wanting to go and don't yet have a ticket I would call the stores pronto as I doubt there will be any to go onsale after all this mess.

Good work Charlie,
I already have my early admit tix so we'll see you down there. Good news for those seeking tix though. If I were out there wanting to go and don't yet have a ticket I would call the stores pronto as I doubt there will be any to go onsale after all this mess.

You got that right Mark, I'm sure this is the end of the tickets. I called all the regulars at Schlesingers that were talkin' about going again this year and left messages on other cigar boards as well. My buddy Bob (Delarob) that's in the picture with me on www.cigarfest.org picked up my VIH ticket as well the first night they went on sale. I knew last year I just had to get another one of those after all the fun we all had........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

See you the 23rd at the Quad State Herf III

Well, I guess I'm glad I already decided to bag it. Backs acting up again and I doubt I can handle all the lines. Standing is one of the hardest things for me to do right now.

Good luck straightening it all out. :thumbs:

Steve