• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar lounges

Wait a minute!! This is tremendous news!

Azucar's lounge is super nice. The gentlemen there were also very gracious and entertaining. Great cigar selection, reasonable pricing by Cali B&M standards, good beer pricing....

I'll pass on the shaves, but expect me back soon, LOL!

Ever had a straight razor shave brother?
I suspect you have not. :(

Its a good thing.

The lounge I hang out at has no fee to use their lounge, which is amazing by the way. Their cigars are priced fairly and they have an enormous selection with every premium smoke you could imagine. They serve beer and wine and have a very cozy lounge that's appointed with leather couches, leather chairs, 3 plasma tv's and a 80" high def projector. The owner of the joint is good people and takes care of his loyal customers. In fact it's so nice, it's become my second home. The owner and I were talking about the pay lounge idea the other day and he is totally against it. He wants everyone to be able enjoy his lounge. He is installing a private humidor with lockers and is going to charge a small fee to use it but it would only be $10 a month.
If you're ever in the San Diego area stop by and check the place out. It's pretty cush.

http://www.excaliburcigarlounge.com

I'm not familiar with the law in NYC, but here in CA you can only serve alcohol and smoke in a "private" lounge. There's really no way around it.
You're in the business, yes? Do you have any idea how Havana House circumvents the law? They are, for all intents and purposes, a bar which just happens to sell cigars. Tobacco sales (by my observance) accounts for a minimal portion of their receipts. One need not purchase tobacco from them to smoke inside. Most people, on most evenings, purchase loads of drinks and smoke their cigarettes they brought in with them. I try to never be there after 6pm.

I'm not familiar with the law in NYC, but here in CA you can only serve alcohol and smoke in a "private" lounge. There's really no way around it.
You're in the business, yes? Do you have any idea how Havana House circumvents the law? They are, for all intents and purposes, a bar which just happens to sell cigars. Tobacco sales (by my observance) accounts for a minimal portion of their receipts. One need not purchase tobacco from them to smoke inside. Most people, on most evenings, purchase loads of drinks and smoke their cigarettes they brought in with them. I try to never be there after 6pm.
Nope, sure don't.

I really didn't either...because if you think about it, here's the nitty gritty on the following numbers IMO:

Member pays $1200/yr. for a membership (now that he's got his license, prices doubled).

That's an average profit of $3.28/day out of that member, average profit of $23.07/week. Not too bad I suppose.

Now, you take the average Joe who can't afford to put up $1200 dollars for his membership, but if he continued the "Day Pass," the numbers would be the following:

Customer pays $10 to get in, maybe even $15 now because of the liquor. Average consumer is there, they're probably going to purchase a cigar that averages anywhere from $10-$20 dollars (thank you CA taxes), and the Lounge gets exposure (AKA "Free Advertising") from the customer's good experience there!

You take all of that, average it that the consumer will go there maybe once a week or so, that's an average profit of $17.09/day out of the consumer, average profit of $30/week.

So hands down, if Zarka's kep their policy of "Day Passes," they will make more money off of the pass than they would on their average member... It just seems foolhardy to me, and as I told Beyond the Band last night, "We have witnessed the beginning of the end...of Zarka's."

And Stinki, you always treat us like gentlmen when we go to your place. I'll be there more often.

Arent there a couple other places in Temecula to hang out and smoke in? How far is Stinki's place from Temecula? I will be in Fallbrook in June. Might go up if it is not too far.

Stinkis is about half and hour North of Temecula.

There are 2 more places in Temecula.
Olde Towne which serves nothing and has 2 tables and a few chairs. But it is free. I don't even think they check if the stick you are smoking is from them.
I was there last Friday and brought my own stick but it was one I purchased there a couple weeks prior.

There is another one in Temecula I think it is called Old World. Never been there. Souldog reviewed it before though......

Make the trek to Stinkis.
Be sure to let us know when you are in town.

Will do. :thumbs:

The lounge I hang out at has no fee to use their lounge, which is amazing by the way. Their cigars are priced fairly and they have an enormous selection with every premium smoke you could imagine. They serve beer and wine and have a very cozy lounge that's appointed with leather couches, leather chairs, 3 plasma tv's and a 80" high def projector. The owner of the joint is good people and takes care of his loyal customers. In fact it's so nice, it's become my second home. The owner and I were talking about the pay lounge idea the other day and he is totally against it. He wants everyone to be able enjoy his lounge. He is installing a private humidor with lockers and is going to charge a small fee to use it but it would only be $10 a month.
If you're ever in the San Diego area stop by and check the place out. It's pretty cush.

Looks like a place to check out when I come to town this summer. Doesnt look too far from Fallbrook.

Looks like a place to check out when I come to town this summer. Doesnt look too far from Fallbrook.
I've yet to go there Fia, but I have heard wonderful things. Enough that you should make it a "must see" on your trip.

Stinki