• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar magna 2.0

drunkfish3

Angry Fish
28527Picking this up tomorrow. Any one use one any tips. Guy agreed to $40 says it works good but family bought him the newer one.

Any one use one? Do you use the gel beads in it? Didnt come with them and wondering if worth ordering them.

I have the Plus and the Ultra. The new ones with the built-in WiFi. Both do an excellent job of keeping and maintaining humidity. If yours doesn’t have the WiFi, then I’m sure the SensorPush things can bridge that gap.
ive just been using the green foam filled cartridges that came with them. Though if you end up using beads instead, I would love to get your feedback. The foam cartridges have been working fine so far. I hope this helps.

I have the Plus and the Ultra. The new ones with the built-in WiFi. Both do an excellent job of keeping and maintaining humidity. If yours doesn’t have the WiFi, then I’m sure the SensorPush things can bridge that gap.
ive just been using the green foam filled cartridges that came with them. Though if you end up using beads instead, I would love to get your feedback. The foam cartridges have been working fine so far. I hope this helps.
No foam in this one you can use just distilled water or add gel beads.

Definitely used distilled water. I have used these in the past with no problems... and that seems like a good deal, however, I would pay full price for a new one (I believe they are around $200) which is a small investment for your precious sticks...

I’ve got one in my cabinet and love it Chester. Does a much better job than my Oasis XL and tons of beads I had in there did. I pour a half gallon of nano silver treated water in there and forget about it for several months. Does an excellent job of steady RH levels, and recovers fast when I have the door open for long periods. I do have the gel beads.

I’ve got one in my cabinet and love it Chester. Does a much better job than my Oasis XL and tons of beads I had in there did. I pour a half gallon of nano silver treated water in there and forget about it for several months. Does an excellent job of steady RH levels, and recovers fast when I have the door open for long periods. I do have the gel beads.
Ok I have it all set up with nano distilled water for now. I think I might order the gel beads for it to reduce the chance of spilling water. Seem like the beads are used to help hinder mold and spilling . Thanks seems to be working great and recovering way faster then the beads I was using. I did leave some beads in the upper part of cabinet just as a backup.

Ok I have it all set up with nano distilled water for now. I think I might order the gel beads for it to reduce the chance of spilling water. Seem like the beads are used to help hinder mold and spilling . Thanks seems to be working great and recovering way faster then the beads I was using. I did leave some beads in the upper part of cabinet just as a backup.
That’s what I did as well and it seemed to balance the humidity levels between the bottom and top better than without them.
PM me your address. I have an extra bag of beads they accidentally sent with mine when I bought it.

That’s what I did as well and it seemed to balance the humidity levels between the bottom and top better than without them.
PM me your address. I have an extra bag of beads they accidentally sent with mine when I bought it.
Awesome thanks

Didn’t realize you already got it.

Glad its working out for you brother!

Added the beads a few days ago and it is working well. I think the beads work better then just water. Seems to run a little less and recover a little faster.

Added the beads a few days ago and it is working well. I think the beads work better then just water. Seems to run a little less and recover a little faster.
What RH needs are you using and what RH do you aim to keep your cigars at?

The beads are just gel beads that hold the water in the reservoir tank. Have the unit set to 68
I was thinking of repurposing some old Heartfelt Beads for my Cigar Oasis’. I have 65RH beads and keep my two units at 65 and 68 respectively. Would 65RH beads mess me up on the 68% unit?

I was thinking of repurposing some old Heartfelt Beads for my Cigar Oasis’. I have 65RH beads and keep my two units at 65 and 68 respectively. Would 65RH beads mess me up on the 68% unit?
I don't think it would work right beads like that are better spread out with air flow.