• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Oasis or Beads?

Tony Bones

Grundalier
Gearing up for the purchase of another humidor and am wondering if I should go w/ beads or a Cigar Oasis?

Pros? Cons? Your experiences.

I would say it depends on the size you are talking. For a desktop beeds seem to work well however, for a 1K+ size I'd go with the Oasis. JMHO, YMMV

Hi Tony
I've got 1lb of beads in my 120qt. cooler...works like a charm.
And i've got a small credo in my 50ct humi...also works great.
I'm pretty sure 90% of the fellas on here will tell you to go with the beads...they work awesome.

I have the Oasis in my 150qt. and the beads in my humidors.
The beads are cheaper but either way is is fine.IMHO :)

either works. I have found that for me the beads work better. Also, if you plan on moving to 65% humidity storage, you will definitely want to go with the beads.

Now what about space issues? We're looking at 1/2 lb. of beads to humidify this thing, right? I'm assuming I would just use a small glass bowl to hold the beads. Seems as though that will take up about 10 sticks worth of valuable room :)

I know more beads is sometimes better (ie. more time between rechargin) but I believe 1/2 lb of beads is overkill. That's enough for 2.5 cubic feet!

Beads, beads, beads. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
I've got two 50+ qt. coolidors, and ever since I got 1/2 pound of the 65% beads for each one, I haven't had a single problem.

Climmax. Call and talk to Vern himself. He's a great guy and full of usefull info. Make sure you let him know you are a CP brother :thumbs:

I have some climax beads, but I've never used them. Why? The rooftop credo works fine, and I don't feel like wasting space in the humidor for the beads.

I use the Cigar Oasis, two sizes. They work wonderfully in anything you put them in. Air movement is very important to aging cigars. They keep larger humidors at an even humidity throughout the entire volume of area. Stale air is bad on cigars.

As for everyday smokes...it just doesn't matter what you use. Turn around is too fast to notice any difference.

IMHO :D

go for the beads, only thing is they do tend to take up extra space that could otherwise go towards cigars.

but, I.M.E., beands are the way to go

:thumbs:

Considering my 150qt coolers hold nearly 800 cigars I'm not too worried about the tiny bit of space a lb. of beads takes :D

Definitely beads for a humidor that small. For a larger humidor (500 - 1000 ct) it is a toss up. Personal opinion will dictate. For 1000+, a Cigar Oasis is a no-brainer IMHO. I have a 500ct and I use a Cigar Oasis Plus and love it! I especially like the fact that it has a built-in fan to circulate the air in the humidor. Again, it's personal preference, but I would go with the beads for the smaller humidors and Cigar Oasis for larger humidors.