• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar of the month clubs

I prefer to try sampler from time to time and have had good luck this way at least i know what im getting.

edit for spelling i really need to slow down and proof read. Although if we ever have a worst speller contest i am a sure win.

Double D said:
I prefer to try sampler from time to time and have had good luck this way at least i know what im getting.

edit for spelling i really need to slow down and proof read. Although if we ever have a worst speller contest i am a sure win.
[snapback]275955[/snapback]​

You and wurm would tie! :laugh:

j/k ;) In all fairness, I'm sure that both of you two being fluent in German and having to worry about TWO languages makes it hard to keep things straight sometimes. I have enough problems myself with one language let alone two. :laugh:

coventrycat86 said:
Double D said:
I prefer to try sampler from time to time  and have had good luck this way at least i know what im getting.

[snapback]275955[/snapback]​

You and wurm would tie! :laugh:

j/k ;) In all fairness, I'm sure that both of you two being fluent in German and having to worry about TWO languages makes it hard to keep things straight sometimes. I have enough problems myself with one language let alone two. :laugh:
[snapback]275993[/snapback]​

--Now that is some comedy (I assume the editing stamp was for comedic relief)--

me fail english that's unpossible.

I would be up for getting spellcheck on these the board. Nothing like making a great dig at someone and then realizing you used "accept" instead of "except."

But rather than fully hijack this thread: I have never done a cigar of the month club, but this board--with its numerous passes and things going on--seems like a better place to get your hands on a variety of good smokes (at least that is why I am here). Always got to figure that at $30/month the company is making a 30% profit.

Spell check is just another crutch and is of little use to the clueless who don't know the difference between:

your & you're
there, their & they're
too & to
except & accept
since & sense :rolleyes:

and other similar cases......

Generally, if people are too lazy to write and spell properly, they're too lazy to use a spell checker too.

I'll add another vote for using the monthly dues to buy the cigars you want, instead of being subject to the "Cigar of the Month", which I would guess is chosen more out of economics than something they really enjoy and want you to try.

And let's not all forget "Lose" vs "Loose". For example, I did not loose 5 cigars because my Bears let me down on Sunday, however I did lose them.

coventrycat86 said:
Spell check is just another crutch and is of little use to the clueless who don't know the difference between:

your & you're
there, their & they're
too & to
except & accept
since & sense :rolleyes:

and other similar cases......

Generally, if people are too lazy to write and spell properly, they're too lazy to use a spell checker too.
[snapback]276539[/snapback]​

I never did know the difference between too & to. I am pretty sure that I use all of the others correctly.

Years ago I belonged to a "Cigar of the Month Club". The problem I encountered was not in the variety of the smokes sent, but in the lack of variety in sizes. Seemed every shipment was made up of "President" sized smokes that were huge, or some "panatella" size that was real long with a 28-34 ring gauge.

While, I'm sure a lot of clubs try to send a more representative sampler, I'm just as sure many or more of them send sizes that don't sell well, and the club is a great way to unload excess inventory.

As several others have already mentioned, I, too, feel you would be better off investing in a fiver or a couple of sticks you think you may enjoy. That way, you're not out a great deal of money, nor "stuck" with a bunch of smokes you neither have the time nor inclination to try.

coventrycat86 said:

What about those of us who use a spell checker, but have ADD so when the window pops up with all the misspelled words we just hit cancel? :p

Actually i am a bad speller and often fail to proof read plus the dual language thing. So early on I figured out some people are ofended by bad spelling so i use the bad speller note all the time not meant as comic relief. But if it makes you laugh all the better Laughing is natures heal all.

IgwanaRob said:
coventrycat86 said:

What about those of us who use a spell checker, but have ADD so when the window pops up with all the misspelled words we just hit cancel? :p
[snapback]276928[/snapback]​

Well, I suppose then those people shouldn't post on forums in the same manner that a guy with no legs shouldn't enter a foot race. :laugh:

Nathan Rahl said:
I never did know the difference between too & to.

too is an adverb that is synonymous with BESIDES & ALSO "I sold a Padron 1926 and an Opus X too" or EXCESSIVELY "too strong of a cigar for me" or the famous case where people argue:
"You called me a whore. :0 "
"I most certainlly did not!"
"You did too."
"Did not."
"Did too."
Rod: "This is a waste of bandwidth." :laugh:

coventrycat86 said:
too is an adverb that is synonymous with BESIDES & ALSO "I sold a Padron 1926 and an Opus X too" or EXCESSIVELY "too strong of a cigar for me" or the famous case where people argue:
"You called me a whore. :0 "
"I most certainlly did not!"
"You did too."
"Did not."
"Did too."
Rod: "This is a waste of bandwidth." :laugh:
[snapback]277309[/snapback]​

LOL!!!!