• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar pairing for Old Rasputin

Mizicke5273

I bought a case of Old Rasputin and have been enjoying it. Gone through half of it, but haven't found a cigar that has went well with it yet. Any suggestions?

Anejo

But actually, I've found that I enjoy quite a few different cigars with stouts. They go well together (and Barleywines with cigars as well).

nothing matches well for me since I drink the stout long before I finish the cigar.

[quote name='Smokin'Sims' timestamp='1342544671' post='1102421']
nothing matches well for me since I drink the stout long before I finish the cigar.
[/quote]

I see a couple of options here.

1. Get a bigger bottle.
2. Get multiple bottles. :laugh:

Thanks so far guys.. I had a JDN Antano that went fairly well. After the suggestion of the Anejo; this came to mind for some reason. So I figured I would give it a shot.

Padron #1

What temp are you drinking the Old Rasputin?

Not sure, what ever temp the fridge is at. Why?

Have a read of this thread: http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/topic/72476-wells-banana-bread-beer-experiment/

Stouts are one of the styles I'd prefer to drink at room temp. Tastes may vary but you'll probably have a different experience if you let the beer warm up a tad before you crack it open.

You quoted my thread! Why Thank you sir it means a lot for my info to be something worth sharing.

I second a Padron 1926 however the #1 may be a little big and will out last maybe 4 bottles. If you are looking to get tipsy go for it otherwise I would say a #9 and 2 bottles.

Paul

Hmmm, I'll have to try it at a different temp then. I've got the case sitting down in the basement, which is like ~68°. So I'll grab one right from the case instead of the fridge and see how it tastes.

I got a 1926 No. 2 I'll have with it this weekend.

Hmmm, I'll have to try it at a different temp then. I've got the case sitting down in the basement, which is like ~68°. So I'll grab one right from the case instead of the fridge and see how it tastes.

I got a 1926 No. 2 I'll have with it this weekend.

Please let us know what you think!

I was going to suggest trying it around 60 degrees.

Had an Anejo #50 with a bottle on Firday night. The beer was probably at around 70°-72° and tasted alot better than it did out of the fridge ice cold. The after taste wasn't as harsh or bitter.

Next up is the Padron 1926, that I ended up holding off on, and a bottle that's a little on the colder side. I'll shoot for the low 60°s.