• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Re-Humidification?

EliWaynne

Hello,

So, when I order cigars from places online, and get the free shipping, it takes a few days to a week to receive my order. When I receive my order, it's just cigars wrapped in plastic.

I'm assuming they dry out during shipping. They feel dry to me anyways.

Is there a general rule of thumb on how many days to let them sit in the humidor to get some humidification back before smoking them?

They shouldn’t have lost too much humidity. So while they are prob less humidified it’s not like they are dry or anything. Most guys dry box so they would prob be good to smoke right away. But for storage they should get right back to proper levels within a couple days

They shouldn’t have lost too much humidity. So while they are prob less humidified it’s not like they are dry or anything. Most guys dry box so they would prob be good to smoke right away. But for storage they should get right back to proper levels within a couple days
Ok. Thanks.

That, and most shops over humidify anyways.

Yeah most smaller places will at least let you pay an extra $1 or $2 for a small boveda to keep them humidified if not put them in free

All good to know. Thanks.

I've heard and read a few things about dry boxes, but haven't really read too much on them yet. I'll have to read up and see what they are about and how they are used. Other than the obvious given away by the name ;)
:)

If you are buying cigars that are most likely over humidified from the source, then shipped and put in transit for a week or two without any Boveda-esque packs - then let them rest a few weeks to stabilize in your coolidor/humidor before taking a light to them.

I have never understand the need to smoke a cigar right off the delivery truck. First impressions are so important - why should you rush the first cigar in a new box?

If your cigar inventory is too low, buy box(es) to build up your reserves, and buy singles from a local merchant to supplement your cigar habit until your new boxed cigars are ready.

If you are buying cigars that are most likely over humidified from the source, then shipped and put in transit for a week or two without any Boveda-esque packs - then let them rest a few weeks to stabilize in your coolidor/humidor before taking a light to them.

I have never understand the need to smoke a cigar right off the delivery truck. First impressions are so important - why should you rush the first cigar in a new box?

If your cigar inventory is too low, buy box(es) to build up your reserves, and buy singles from a local merchant to supplement your cigar habit until your new boxed cigars are ready.
Thanks. I have a large quantity of new cigars that were just delivered, and I maybe 10 more cigars on the way. Fortunately, I do already have cigars on hand though, so it's not that big of a deal to wait a few days, a week, whatever.
I am eager to try the new sticks though....!

I have the Roma Craft 2022 sitting there staring me in the face every day now. I was trying to figure out when I should smoke it, but then a light bulb went off over my head.
Sunday, the 17th, is my wedding anniversary. 21 years. Part of my celebration on Sunday will to be enjoying a limited release cigar!