• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Register software

Brick,

What happens when you click on the 'My Cigars' button at the bottom left or on the cigar collection/Wish list top left.

That is when I get an error and have to close the program.

Yep, same issue as you.

I can add cigars to "My Cigars", but if I try to view them or click on that error messages.

Any help here peter_a? This glitch sorta makes the program useless.

Edited at the request of the topic originator

Bleh, you can't add cigars either, it doesn't let you edit the info then gives you an error message about the country.

It would appear this program has a lot of work yet. A good start, but a lot of work to go.

And no Opus?

Dear everybody,

please be so kind and do not paste detailed error messages or screenshots showing detailed error messages in this thread. It's not really good for us because of security reasons. Send them to me as a PM instead.

About the crash: we'd like to collect every information by e-mail or PM and my best hopes are that this whole "first-click-crash" thing will be wrapped up by the programmer next week.

Thanks,
Peter

PS: Opus X is under the brand "Fuente Fuente (Dominican Republic)". We have most of them.

PS: Opus X is under the brand "Fuente Fuente (Dominican Republic)". We have most of them.

I stand corrected, was just looking under Arturo Fuente. Thanks and good luck with the fixes.

Hope to see this resolved, as it looks like a promising piece of software. :D

I have played around with this for a little bit now and I like it. Much nicer that Cigar Briefcase as far as visual presentation. I like how it is modeled after Microsoft Outlook visually.

This does seem to have great promise. I love the look and feel, but I am having the same trouble everyone else is having with the error. I hope it gets fixed, I would love to use this program.

Hopefully the fix comes out in a patch, though. Almost 30MB download on dial-up is hell! :D

This does seem to have great promise. I love the look and feel, but I am having the same trouble everyone else is having with the error. I hope it gets fixed, I would love to use this program.

Hopefully the fix comes out in a patch, though. Almost 30MB download on dial-up is hell! :D

Have you looked into satellite Alan? I use it in my motor home.
1 meg download, 120k upload, not DSL but many times faster than dial up!

Brian

Have you looked into satellite Alan? I use it in my motor home.
1 meg download, 120k upload, not DSL but many times faster than dial up!

Brian

I've thought about it, but I've never really checked into it. For most of what we do online dial-up is fine. I'm no Luddite, but I don't really use (and don't want to use) the internet for much more than this site and a few others, a little shopping, and of course e-mail. Also, my internet time has really shrunk the last 3 years or so (I'm a stay at home dad), so speed is not all that important 90% of the time. Thanks for the suggestion, though. I'll check into it in the future if the need arises.

Back on topic....... :blush:

This program looks outstanding if it can be made to work. I keep getting the same error as everyone else. (oh, I already said that :whistling: :blush: )

Interesting program. Too bad it requires .NET to run though. Do you plan on keeping it free for good? It really resembles Outlook 2003. Good luck with it.

Good-looking avatar Blackhawk! :cool:

Rod, we're not thinking about asking money for the software. 2.0 will be free either and we haven't had any plans on releasing a 3.0 version yet. We chose .net because I had a clear vision of the Outlook-style design, and this was the most related environment.

ABOUT THE UPDATE / FIX:
It will be a stand-alone package, around 5-7 MB. You'll be able to download it from the website and you'll also get an e-mail about it. The update will be released around wed-thu this week.

Peter

PS: the problem of the crash is that our test machines were using windowses with regional settings set to 'Hungary'. With this setting the program works fine, but if you change it to 'Unites States', the program crashes.

Thanks Peter, I'll be looking forward to the update.

Suggestion, always allow the downloader a choice on downloading .NET bundled with the program or just the stand-alone program. For those of us on dial-up, downloading a 30meg file is a lengthy process only made more frustrating by the fact that you know you already have .NET 2.0 installed.

Thanks again for your efforts.

I've been looking for a nice application to track cigars and my impressions of them and I'm going to have to try this one out. So far every other program I've tried has been lacking.

A standalone version would be nice.
I only have dial-up at home.

I do large downloads at work, take them home and install on my home PC.
Having a cigar inventory program that is on-line only will not work for me.

It's pretty sad that you would release a piece of software that obviously has not been fully tested. This actually destroys credibility and generally turns people off. The errors are happening on simple clicking of buttons. I as a programmer find it hard to believe that the system was unit tested by the programmer - sad, sad. Just rush it out the door to hit a deadline.

Sounds like another software company we all know:)

It's pretty sad that you would release a piece of software that obviously has not been fully tested. This actually destroys credibility and generally turns people off. The errors are happening on simple clicking of buttons. I as a programmer find it hard to believe that the system was unit tested by the programmer - sad, sad. Just rush it out the door to hit a deadline.

Thanks kjd, this comment was REALLY helpful. :) As I already wrote it was tested but we never set the test machines to US standards. And guess what - we're not professional desktop software developers, but a few cigar-lovers with a vision.
But anyways, if you can't say anything constructive I guess it would be better to just keep it to yourself as there are people here who actually care about the project and see the bright side even if they have to wait a few days until the error is fixed. What is pretty sad is your attitude.