• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Shipping 101

Status
Not open for further replies.
top for the new year (and my VeriPak stock options!)

post padder :0

:sign: :sign:

On the free boxes order from the "Business Use" page one box of O-1096S and one box of O-1096L. You can place a 1096S inside a 1096L with one layer of bubble wrap between them. I have gotten 10 sticks inside the two boxes with a lot of padding and it still came in under a pound = $3.85 shipping.

-Matt-

It's been said before elsewhere, but always worth repeating....

I prefer to ship cigars individually bagged and double boxed with free delivery confirmation via usps priority. Cost: $3.85

The best ( ...and most cost effective!) system I have found for shipping up to ten cigars:

Order these small priority boxes, free from the usps: Small Boxes

...and these large priority boxes, free from the usps: Larger Boxes

...and these baggies ( not free, but inexpensive @ $7.78 per 1000 plus shipping!) from Veripack: Baggies

*Individually bag each cigar to protect from damage.

*Place individually bagged cigars into Ziploc bag

*Place bagged cigars in SMALL usps priority box, along with with foam peanuts or bubble wrap!

*Insert filled SMALL box into LARGE usps priority box.

*Seal well with packing tape.

Print out priority label with FREE delivery confirmation number here: Shipping Label

NorCalCigarLover said:
Bump this one for the new guys. Wasn't there another thread about packing out there someplace?

:cool:
[snapback]211177[/snapback]​

Haha, thanks!

Sweet i never thought of using a larger box to ship the smaller box in.. Thanks!! Just replenished the box stock.

One thing to note:

A properly packed box of cigars, when shaken, should be completely silent.

Nathan Rahl said:
Does the first link not work for anyone else?

Great info Moki, perfect for newbs like me!
[snapback]236915[/snapback]​

I updated the link in the first post. Try it now.

I've been searching for little zip lock baggies (that hold just one cigar) with the dimensions: 8 inches long and 2 inches wide. Perhaps I missed it on Versipak's website, but I don't see one this size. Anyone know where I can get these? Several guys use them, because I've seen them in passes and trades. Now if I could just get my hands on some. ;)

Check with your local B&M. They always pack my cigars in these type baggies. I've never bought just one cigar, but I have seen other folks buy one and that is about the size baggie they use.

Good luck!

theorangeman said:
I've been searching for little zip lock baggies (that hold just one cigar) with the dimensions: 8 inches long and 2 inches wide. Perhaps I missed it on Versipak's website, but I don't see one this size. Anyone know where I can get these? Several guys use them, because I've seen them in passes and trades. Now if I could just get my hands on some. ;)
[snapback]249156[/snapback]​

While these types of bags are cool, you will need additional padding/bubble wrap around them for safe shipping, which makes them somewhat less convenient.

Definitely. I received a (non-cello'd) 5'er in a trade recently. They were not individually ziplocked, all lined up touching in one bag, and sent out. The box arrived just fine but the smokes had rubbed together in transit so much that they had split each others wrappers.

Status
Not open for further replies.