• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar-smuggling lawyer sentenced

If you dont want to register you can see the story here.

It's worth noting, this guy was really a smuggler.. This wasn't a guy who stashed a box or two for himself.

Thanks other1, the registration did not cross my mind

Wouldn't you think our government had bigger fish to fry. I mean, are ALL the DANGEROUS criminals already locked up?

Sheesh ???

I think the key wording relating to the penalty is monthly trips to Cuba and the large profit. I don't belive the govt. would waste it's time going after people with a small number of cigars bought for their own use. It is illegal to buy Cuban cigars in the USA, but smoking and trading with BOTL is not the same as smuggling large amounts for profit. IMHO

Bill

there is a difference between the small guy that brings 25 cigars for personal use over the guy that brings in thousands of cigars for resale...the gov't is not going to expend the energy or the time to track the small guy.

interesting article though

rnccen

Yeah, I did notice that 40-60 dollar thing.. I wonder what it means. Was he smuggling fakes?

Since it's public record, we should be able to find out this guy's address in prison. It might be highly amusing for people all over the country to send him packages of fake Cubans. :) Lord knows they aren't hard to come by...

kick a man while he's down............I like it

We could start a prison pass

Guy had a good thing going for him. But everybody like this needs to realize to things: 1. You can't get away forever 2. You will get caught sometime

other1 said:
Yeah, I did notice that 40-60 dollar thing.. I wonder what it means. Was he smuggling fakes?
of course not!~

:D

thw guy on the corner street knows Castro's cousin's hairdresser!
:thumbs: