• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar theft by a neighborhood kid

Would your conscience allow you to be instrumental in him getting whatever punishment the law allows?  Or are you trying to not have to go as far as getting the law involved?

Bsneed51 said:
I assume water boarding isn't an option?   

:laugh:  

I think Gary hit it with the webcam.  Cant really go to the police with zero evidence.  Get him stealing on video and shit creek will carry him far away sans flotation devices.  I'd guess talking to the parents wouldn't end well.  If the kid is already a bad egg, they'll go right into defensive mode and the conversation will be over.

...or, just never...EVER...let the kid back in your house.

tone-ny said:
Taze him!
Good advice Tony, buy when I told the wife to leave my cigars alone or I'd Taz her, she said: "go ahead sucker, you have to sleep sometime".
Steel cage my friend!

That my friend is why you are a FOG, you have all the answers.

These are all great replies, both insightful and entertaining.  My neighbor next door suggested last night that we just get him in a closet and beat the s*#t out of 'em.  That option may be a bit extreme, but at least defines our frustration level.  I asked a buddy on the local police what options we would have or what he has seen done in situations like this in the past.  Essentially his options are the same as was mentioned here:  Talk to the parents and try to deal with it that way or I can file a report which will result in the police talking to the parents instead.  However he said that more often than not, if a parent goes to search the kid's room and finds anything, they won't admit it at the risk of their kid being labled what he is, a thief.  I like the idea of having the local sheriff's deputy question the kid and parent, that will certainly have a better potential of scaring him strait then me. 

No doubt though, it goes without saying that this kid has earned the ban hammer when it comes to my property.  As he has at other neighbor's houses.  In fact, my son is not the only kid who has explicit instructions to leave and come home if this bad apple shows up.  And now it's unfortunately to the point where enough kids have received that instruction so that if the bad apple shows up the kids tell him to leave an go home, they don't want him around.  Almost makes me feel bad for him, the isolation and resentment he'll feel, while well deserved, will not help make him a better person.

Gonz said:
 Almost makes me feel bad for him, the isolation and resentment he'll feel, while well deserved, will not help make him a better person.

He'll have plenty of time to reflect in lock up as I've known guys like this growing up. Just glad I knew better to not hang with them when it escalates to real crimes.