• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar w/coffee flavors?

OldSkool

After spending the last year unsuccessfully trying to find a cigar that complimented my favorite drink (Corona beer w/lime wedge), I finally read here that cigars and citrus aren't a good match. Ok, now I feel like an idiot but realize that it's time to find a new "front-porch" drink that I can enjoy with a fine robusto. :blush:

By chance, my wife and I stopped off at a coffee shop near our home last night after dinner. Wifey wanted an "iced mocha" coffee to go and I ordered the same. Upon arriving at home, I fired up a Romeo & Julieta vintage robusto and took a sip...OMG...this is exactly what I've been looking for! The coffee/chocolate flavor in the cool drink absolutely complimented the cigar perfectly. :thumbs:

OK, now that I'm on the right track....can anyone suggest other cigars that have exhibited some coffee flavors? FWIW, my all-time favorite cigar is the R&J churchill (ISOM), but I haven't had one of those in years.

Any others that I should try?

Thanks for any replies.

Corona is my favorite drink as well.....I drink that stuff like juice, man. I still drink it with my cigars, but I suppose that's one of the reasons why it's tough for me to detect the subtle tastes of my cigars!

Corona is my favorite drink as well.....I drink that stuff like juice, man. I still drink it with my cigars, but I suppose that's one of the reasons why it's tough for me to detect the subtle tastes of my cigars!

Exactly what happens to me....but it is delicious

I love an La Aurora Ltd Ed Robusto with my coffee! You should give it a try...

5 Vegas 'A'

Indian Tabac SuperFuerte Maduro. (great coffee and cinnamon flavors with a bit of spiciness)

A little bit of citrus can go fine with cigars...Mojitos, Gin and Tonics, etc all have citrus (usually more than a lime squeeze in your Corona.

You might try out different cigars with your drink of choice also...

Greycliff espresso goes good with coffee or anything single malt speyside. imo! :cool:

You might try out different cigars with your drink of choice also...

I guess I should have mentioned in my initial post that I've smoked at least 50 different cigars this past year, all with my usual Corona and without finding that perfect pairing that I hoped for. :blush:

Now, I certainly don't intend to give up Coronas when I want a beer...but, I'll stick to the coffee thing when I'm kicked-back and enjoying a nice cigar.

Thanks for the replies and suggestions, guys...I've made a list and hope to try them all. :thumbs:

Any PAM will do. :p Or, if you want to go cheap. I might try a Drew Estate Java. I am not a big fan of flavored cigars, but I had one of these and thought it not too bad. I remember thinking it was not too sweet like the Kaluhas, and that it would go good with coffee.

my favorite pairing with coffee and or mocha, (i have even had hot chocolate) has been the tatuaje cojuno 03 and 06, I can still taste the first time i had the both together. thanks man that sounds good right now i think i'll have an 06 and a cold coffee. :thumbs:

Any PAM (personal preference), or La Aurora maduro (mmmmm, Preferidos!) :love:

Greycliff espresso goes good with coffee or anything single malt speyside. imo! :cool:
X2

Coincidently I had one over the weekend. Definitely a unique taste.

Brian

I'd say most maduro smokes go well with coffee. Coffee tends to have a somewhat bitter, earthy strong taste. A light tasting smoke might get overwhelmed by coffee actually. Check out Padron 000 series (like 2000, 3000 etc.). Others to try are CAO Brazilia and RP '92.

I've never been a fan of flavored cigars, however, the JAVA certainly is worth a try. I've had a couple and they are a decent smoke, certainly plenty of "Coffee" flavor.
JAVA5PACK.jpg

I highly suggest the CAO Gold Maduro. Great smoke with cocoa undertones :thumbs:

i usually smoke either a RP Sungrown Toro, RP Vint 92 Toro, or a fuente chateau sungrown cuban belicoso with coffe. All 3 are just remarkable with a cup of good coffer especially starbucks...