• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigarmedics HumidiMeter | Is it worth it?

fkizdi

Does anyone have experience with the HumidiMeter device?
  • Do you have to calibrate it on a regular basis?
  • How accurate do you feel it is against how you monitor your humidity in your humidor (electronic, boveda, gel, etc)?
  • Have you found actual use cases where it helps you decide whether to smoke a stick or not?
I normally store about 20 in desktop and then season all my sticks in a handful of 'pelican' style dry boxes with boveda packs.

You should look at Govee blue tooth:
sit the Govee Store
4.5 out of 5 stars 5,963Reviews

Govee Hygrometer Thermometer, Wireless Thermometer, Mini Bluetooth Humidity Sensor with Notification Alert, Data Storage and Export, 262 Feet Connecting Range​

Google it in Amazon.

Thanks cabaiguan juan for the recommendation!

Not quite looking for a humidor hygrometer - i have a handful of xikar ones - more so looking to see if this single cigar tester is worth it.

I normally store about 20 in desktop and then season all my sticks in a handful of 'pelican' style dry boxes with boveda packs.
I don't understand this part at all. So you are saying you keep 20 cigars in a desktop humidor and anything else you have in travel humidors?

I don't understand this part at all. So you are saying you keep 20 cigars in a desktop humidor and anything else you have in travel humidors?

I normally keep 20-30 in a desktop - these are the ones i reach for on the daily and then backfill.

Then I season boxes and others in larger 'pelican' style cases (I get them free from work) > they are trunk size ones, not travel size.

Thanks cabaiguan juan for the recommendation!

Not quite looking for a humidor hygrometer - i have a handful of xikar ones - more so looking to see if this single cigar tester is worth it.
I think you may be over thinking it a bit... Just my opinion

SensorPush or Govee.....reasonably priced, full featured, used by lots of guys here. If you don't need network connectivity, the inexpensive Govee is pretty much a no-brainer:

....you do salt test them before putting them in service, correct..??

I could see how this would benefit someone without a dry box, but it’s not something that I would use. Also, according to most reviews, the readings are all over the place… Use a dry box @ 60% humidity, and you are good to go.