• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CigarPass.com Annual Herf - Location

Would you travel to Upland, CA for a CP Herf?

• Yes

Votes: 27 45.8%
  • No

Votes: 32 54.2%

• Total voters

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
I would very much like to see the CP Herf continue.  While we've hosted it in Vegas in the past, Vegas has become more and more complicated due to banquet centers wanting more and more money.  In addition, they limit you to a set number of hours, and generally require so much $$$ for food and drinks.  As you can imagine, it can become very pricey very quickly.  Aside from that, you're bound to their rules (smoking, must buy their drinks, etc).

I am considering opening up my backyard for an annual CP herf.  I'm located in north Upland, at the base of Mount Baldy.  Our yard can easily accomodate 100 guests.  Ontario International Airport is only about 10 miles away, and there are plenty of hotel choices nearby.

To put things into perspective (from Upland, CA):
Ontario Airport - 10 miles
Pasadena - 25 miles
Disneyland - 35 miles
Huntington Beach - 50 miles
Santa Monica - 54 miles
Hollywood - 45 miles
Beverly Hills - 48 miles
Temecula (wineries) - 65 miles
San Diego - 125 miles
Las Vegas - 228 miles

I know So Cal isn't Vegas, however there is a lot to do, especially for familes. 

Everyone can bring whatever they choose to drink and smoke without restriction (assuming it's legal) - Souldog will keep everyone in line.............. ;)

I propose we host it sometime between May and September.  Just a thought...

How about more than one pole...then maybe you'll get insight to jump on board!

Would I travel to CA for a CP HERF? YES! Is it practical for me to spend that kind of money on air fair and lodging for a CP HERF? No!  :(  That would be a tough bill to handle for a day of cigars with all you great brothers. Looking like $400-$500 just in air fair. If I hit the lotto by the time of the HERF count me in if not I will try and save my pennies for next year.

Paul 

If So Cal doesn't work, then we can look at Vegas again.  

Sounds like a fantastic time to me, I'm flexible on the location.  

Another mention that "some" people i know will be at the QSH so offsetting the CP herf a couple weekends would be a good idea....

Rod said:

How about an Island Herf!?

Phil said something about attending Hedonism Resort JAMaica!

Rod said:

Don't base it on what I said. Trust me I think it is a great idea and thank you for you opening you home to us. If I was in a better financial situation I would defiantly be there!

Paul

It would depend a lot on my finances at planning time.  It looks like I could make the trip for under $500 and that's only a few boxes of cigars.

It's not even in the realm of feasibility for me, unfortunately.  We don't even have family on that side of the country for which we might find ourselves visiting unexpectedly for an unforeseen situation/emergency.  It's a great idea, though, and it's awesome you'd open your home up to members of the forum.  Hopefully it works out for enough people.  I love reading about the QSH every year, and I'm sure the rundown on this one would be all the more raucous.  

I think the CA herf is a great idea. And what if for future years it turned into a traveling herf much like annual conventions. That way ppl from different parts of the country eventually get a chance? Just a thought.

Like many others, it would depend on finances. I'd have to choose between QSH and one in Cali this year.

I voted yes, but...
It would depend heavily if I could split hotel accommodations or crash on someone's sofa or floor.
Also on the date, it would have to be August or September for me.

All that said...
I'd prefer Vegas!

-Rob

I think its an awesome gesture to open your house up like this Rod.

I can't make it this summer but if there was a herf next year I'd make the trip to CA or Vegas if airfare was reasonable.

FWIW, I know of several hotels in Hemet, CA (city where I work) that have hotels for $20 bucks a night.  Now,if I like ya, I'll give you a handgun to sleep with for that particular night and then pick you up to head out to Rod's place!  

Also, my vehicle can hold 4 other people, so if we get some out of town members in a centralized location (i.e. within 20 miles of one another) I can transport to and from Rod's place as well.  

As far as smoking what is "LEGAL." technically you can smoke "green leafy substances" in a backyard or home as long as it is enclosed.  But head to the sidewalk and Rod might order me to hand out new sets of jewelry (stainless steel bracelets lol).  I think this is gonna be fun, and I'd like to see a lot of members come out.  Maybe we can do some homework and see if we can get a block of rooms reserved for a good group discount price locally for out of town members Rod?

I don't mind going to Cali, but can get better rates for hotel and airfare going to Vegas. I would also opt for September time frame.

Nothing against Cali, but airfare and hotels are almost always cheaper in Vegas.  If finding a place to hangout, smoke, eat etc is expensive in LV.  Why not rent a home for a week in Vegas and have that be the hangout place.  I am not saying everyone stays at the house, but more like where the party will be hosted. 

I'd be game. It does depend on timing and finances, like many others have said, but I'd be interested in heading to CA.

tone-ny said:
I don't mind going to Cali, but can get better rates for hotel and airfare going to Vegas. I would also opt for September time frame.

So it is written...