• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CigarPass FFL 2011 Year 2

Jonesy

Got Ink ?
OK guys, if the lockout ends soon, it means it's going to be time to think about fantasy football. We had a great time last year and I hope to have the same type of league this year. This will be a 10 team league and spots go to last years owners first. If there are some that don't play this year, then the remaining spots will be open to the general public with additions at my discretion.

Like last year, the league will be set up through ESPN and we will have a live draft on a date to be determined. Within the next week I will start setting things up through ESPN and come up with the draft date. Last year, I had to do a lot of juggling around with the draft due to accommodate peoples schedules. This year, there will be a set date and time that WILL NOT be changed. If you can't attend the live draft on the date I set, then please don't sign up. It will either be a Saturday or Sunday night at around 8pm to accommodate the different time zones. I will not allow any auto drafts! You must do the live draft to participate! I can't stress this enough.

Standard ESPN scoring with a few minor changes to ramp up the scoring and change the way you look at the draft.

1) 2 points for every rush, pass, reception TD over 50 yards.
2) 1 point for every reception.
3) 3 points for a field goal, 6 points for FG's over 50 yards.
4) -1 point for every missed EP.
5) 5 points for each 200+ yard ind. receiving or rushing game.

I may do some more tweaking of the scoring later on to make each weeks match ups a little more exciting and interesting. I hate seeing those 80-72 scores, so the adjusted scoring will take care of that. This also will make you do your homework on the draft now also so you know who breaks the big run, who gets 10 catches a game, what kicker has the strongest leg, etc.

There are rules for joining this league and if they are not followed, you will be blackballed from further leagues (not just mine, because I will make sure you don't get in another CP league if the first rule is broken).

1) You MUST stay active in the league! If your team is crappy and you give up on them, you will forfeit any prize that would come your way. Things happen where you might not be able to access a computer but if you have two weeks where no changes are made (multiple starters on bye weeks, no visible changes from bye weeks) then I will end your season and CP FFL career.

2) Respond and offer trades. You don't have to trade if you don't want to, but if someone offers a trade, be courteous and at least respond to them.

3) Respect other league members. You can talk smack as much as you want, but you can't be telling other people to F*** off.

4) Lastly, when trading, after you hit the accept button there is no going back. Once you accept a trade, it will be voted on by the league. If it is upheld and you decide you want to take it back, thats just too bad.

In past leagues, we had people "forget" about their teams and it made for people to get easy wins and advance into the playoffs so I will be adding prizes to the total package so EVERYONE, down to the last week of the regular league season, has a chance to win something. I figured this would be the easiest way to keep interest in the league, so here is the prize breakdown.

1st - $300
2nd - $200
3rd - $100
Last - the humiliation of finishing last! :laugh:

The following are for the regular season only and not the playoff weeks!

Highest single weekly score $50
Most points for a single player in a week $50
Biggest score differential for the winning team in a single match up $50

To try to keep things even, you cannot win the first three in the same week. Yes, you can win all three, but they MUST be from separate weeks. I don't want a player having a career day causing someone to win all three at the same time. I want everyone to have a chance at winning something. To win the worst single weekly score, you cannot purposefully tank your team. There cannot be any players on your active roster that are on a bye week, IR, scrubs that never get into games. You must have played your best possible lineup and just have an honest to goodness horrible week.

As you can tell from the prize system, this is a cash league. There is a $75 entry fee that will be due one week before the live draft. This is not a first come, first served league either, so don't let your feelings get hurt if you're the first one to say "I'm in" in this thread and you don't get accepted (if you're not one of the previous owners)! Post your interest here in the thread or pm me letting me know.

IF YOU CAN'T STAY COMMITTED TO THIS LEAGUE FOR THE ENTIRE TIME IT'S GOING, DON'T SIGN UP!

No asshats allowed. So, if you think you're an asshat, or you think others think you're an asshat, or others do think you're an asshat, steer clear of this thread.

Participants from last year that have the right of first spots

1) Jonesy
2) Nashkicker
3) {tpc}
4) NASTY
5) :Monty:
6) Ironpeddler
7) drunkfish3
8) Ketchtwenty2
9) simmsboard
10) jayro75

This years participants:
1) Jonesy PAID
2) Nashkicker PAID
3) Ironpeddler PAID
4) NASTY PAID
5) BigJake6904 PAID
6) :monty: PAID
7) Drunkfish3 PAID
8) Ketchtwenty2 PAID
9) {tpc} PAID
10) simmsboard PAID

OK...I'm in this year.

BUT....

CAN WE PLEASE HAVE SOME RULES THAT RESEMBLE A FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE? :sign:

Plus, I already finished all my White Owl cigars from my 'Losings' of last year's last place finish and need to stock up again.

You suck Brian. You just want to hide from my domination for 2 years in a row....

If someone drops...I'm in.

Round robin or auction draft?
It will be a 16 round draft.

Gary, I'm sorry you sucked so badly last year that you finished last! Don't give me any shit about it being the rules being your downfall....seemed as if the 9 other participants adapted well! :sign:

Jake, Jake Jake.....I ain't skeered!

hey if someone if three people drop out then i would like that third spot hahaha but i would like to try this would be my first fantasy league.

when i saw the post i first read Federal Firearms License and i was like ohhhh but football is just as fun

I will post the draft date and time by Thursday night. I'm going to assume the lockout is ending within a week and then the free agent frenzy will begin.

Don't post you're in until you can verify that you're available to draft on the specified date and time.

Like the Vikes I had a poor season last year so .......Farve is gone, and the Bombers are ready for redemption. IN --- early since I will be gone until Sunday, and I will make any Sat or Sun eve work for draft.

Joe G

Like last year I can't do a Sat. draft so if that's what it winds up being then i will give up my stop.

How about not holding the draft on Sunday night of Labor day weekend.. :sign:

Live ESPN Draft will be held on Sunday August 28th @2:30 pm EST.

Those that are interested in a spot now that the date and time have been set, please post that you want your spot from last year or that you'd like to be considered as a replacement for those that can't commit this year.

Guys from last year have until 6pm Wed. July 27th to sign up or their spot becomes open to the public.

Remember, there will be no change to the time and date and no auto-drafting so keep this in mind when signing up.

When the spots have been filled, I will continue with the formalities of the league.

Guys from last year have until 6pm Wed. July 27th to sign up or their spot becomes open to the public.

Remember, there will be no change to the time and date and no auto-drafting so keep this in mind when signing up.

When the spots have been filled, I will continue with the formalities of the league.
I gotta' sign something? Ah, my signature isn't worth sh*t anyway!

I'm in...where do I sign?

It's only right that the defending champ signs up to retain the crown. I'm in!