• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigars 101: what are the best sticks and does anything rival Cuban?

If you think that’s bad... I remember rotary dialers ?

Ugh, I'm not that young that I don't remember that...
I remember 7 digit numbers here in Houston, with one area code. Now we have at least 4 area codes.

My grandparents house, up in the woods, only needed 4 digits to call locally.

I also remember when we adopted 911 here in Houston.

Ugh, I'm not that young that I don't remember that...
I remember 7 digit numbers here in Houston, with one area code. Now we have at least 4 area codes.

My grandparents house, up in the woods, only needed 4 digits to call locally.

I also remember when we adopted 911 here in Houston.
Yeah... you're old :)

My dad (94) still has a rotary phone hanging on the wall in the basement, hooked up and functional for answering.

My G-ma, who will turn 94 this year in May, has a phone hanging where it always has. It's in the kitchen, under one of her cabinets, above a little desk. My kids always play around with it, by calling their cell phones with it. It's not a rotary, but they had no idea what it was, when they first noticed it.

One year, g'ma was standing in the hall with her purse open.
Mom asked her, whatca doin'?

She replied - getting change to call George.
Then looked at the wall phone and they both laughed!

In my opinion, cigars from the island can be very hit or miss. Cohiba is more consistent but many other brands are like a box of chocolates. Who knows what you’re going to get. Or— some are nothing special, but a month later they are great. For a new smoker I would recommend variety but stay with smaller vitolas. Nothing worse than a plugged cigar and the bigger sizes are more likely. Domestics are very consistent but not as adventurous. That being said my favorites are Bolivar Belicoso Fino’s. The good ones are not describable. As a newby in this group I cannot join in the name calling, but give me 6 months or so. ?. VB

If you think that’s bad... I remember rotary dialers ?
I remember when they forced us to start dialing the exchange numbers (here it was 66 or MO for “Mohawk”
Until then it was just 5 numbers. If I remember correctly that was also when “party lines” became obsolete.
That was 78 or 79 here.

Getting back to the subject at hand, does Habanos SA have a proper retort to the finest Cameroon wrapper? I can't think of one off hand.

I’ve always wondered what a cigar that had all Cuban filler/binder, but had a Cameroon wrapper would be like.

I’ve always loved the flavor and sweetness of the wrapper.

I’ve always wondered what a cigar that had all Cuban filler/binder, but had a Cameroon wrapper would be like.

I’ve always loved the flavor and sweetness of the wrapper.

Unparalleled texture also.

Why no one mention about romeoyjulieta? In my home town the No1, 2, and the short Churchills are very popular