• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigars...a real joy..

kellyb

I joined this site alittle while back, and really enjoy the information I have received. I've been alittle quiet in posting, because it has taken me quite awhile just to learn alot of the terminology the cigar world uses. I've been open minded every day when I call my day quits, and try a new smoke. I do mean a new one every day. I have a hard time remembering peoples names, let alone a big nice cigar name I just smoked and liked! I wonder if you guys/gals, have done the same thing I do.....write down on a sheet of paper a critique of my "smoke of the day." Trouble is, that I can't find the words to describe how some of you do in describing a good cigar. I find many of them quite nice for my liking. I am finding a few that fit my taste better, so I guess I'm making progress in "cigarology." Kellyb

Well Kellyb you are not at all alone. Many people here including myself every once in a while write a few things they have noticed about a nice cigar. I like to compare what age does to a cigar so I will write down each stage and go back and compare how much better (or sometimes worse) a cigar has gotten. There are a lot of excellent reviews on this site that may help you put words to the tastes and aroma you are having. Greg (Kingantz), always seems to be dead on target with his reviews and when im stumped on a taste they usually come out in a review he did. He also does great play by play pictures of the cigar. Keep an eye out for his reviews.

Welcome to CP !!

If you're enjoying yourself then you're not missing anything! :thumbs: Don't worry about all the inside lingo and tasting the nuances of the cigar. The knowledge will come with time. The important thing is to sit back, relax, and enjoy!