• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigars for a special occasion

Well,it seems that there is no unanimous decision regarding what the best cigar from that list,that is obviously make sense because each has a different taste.
I think I'll go with the 44th ,the torpedo size is more appealing I guess.
Maybe I'll throw in some singles of the 80th and 45th just to see what all the about.

Thanks guys :thumbs:

Buy a box of the Partagas Serie D Especiales. They are the '10 LE's
$300 gives you incredible choices. The Padrons are great if he likes them. Ask him if he does. It really depends on your Dad's preferences. Partagas' flavor profile is a good suggestion and this is a robusto size. But getting info from him is really the best way to go.

If he's retiring after 45 years, maybe the Padron 45th is the right answer.

X2 . I think is more meaningful when he looks a the band and sees that "45 years" printed in it, you can tell him is for his 45 years of hard work. IMHO

Just my opinion, of course :)

To me, the 44th was bland, and had little of the pepper that makes the Padrons great...

**shrug**

~brooks

Fair enough. I think you're the first person (besides that long haired hippie kid) that has ever said anything bad about the 80th.

The 80th is an OK cigar at best. For what it is, I find the price to be a tad over board. I'd rather buy 2 of the Padron 1926 #2's than a single 80th. Personal choice of course.

Now if I had $300 to buy a couple of cigars, I'd look at a couple of the HTF Opus X cigars from the CFCF 22 count box. I'd say look at either a Dunhill or Davidoff from the 1980's, but the QC could end up being a plugged cigar. If not a fun Opus X, I'd definitely go with a higher end Padron or a mixture of some so there would be an opportunity to smoke a couple of smokes. After all, 45 years in the work force demands something to enjoy. On that note, a good cigar and a good bottle of booze if he drinks. :thumbs: