• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigars from 2004

tjm5019

Banned
Ok guys, so here is the deal. mlg270 and I have been friends since high school, and in 04 we graduated. We will both most likely graduate in 08, and would like to find some cigars from 04 to smoke when we graduate college. I would like to find a few cigars from 04, but don't know how any of them are aging. So what I am asking is this. I would like some info on cigars from 04 that should age well and be prime pickings in 08 when Micah and I graduate college. Any info will be helpful, since I do not know much about aging cigars.

I know I havent had the chance to age opus' but I have read some reviews on some 5 yo opus x that were fantastic. I dont think you could go wrong with those. My .02

Brandon

Any of the Padron Anniversary or Serie 1926 cigars would fit that bill IMO.

Wilkey

May I be so bold and suggest from my limited experience that perhaps something from the ISOM would be the perfect choice. I'm sure there are plenty of FOG's who could attest and suggest a particular to your liking flavor & vitola selection advice.

IMO I would say some: Cohibas (Robusto, Siglo IV), Partagas(SD#4/2, Monte (#2, C), Trinidad(Robusto Extra, Fundadores), H.Upmann(Mag46/50, Monarcas, #2, Connoisseur#1), VR(Unicos, Don A's) to many, many more plus all the E.L.'s of course if you can obtain/afford them.

tjm5019 said:
Ok guys, so here is the deal. mlg270 and I have been friends since wigh school, and in 04 we graduated.

You graduated from High School in 2004? Yikes, I feel old now.... :(

yeah, but we'll both be 21 this year. We were the older seniors in the class!

tone-ny said:
BrewMeister said:
You only live once - I'd say go with an '04 named smoke like the ISOM  Cohiba - Edicion Limitada 2004 Sublime or the Partagas - Edicion Limitada 2004 Serie D No. 1. Just my 2¢. :) 
[snapback]291121[/snapback]​

I agree with BM go all out and get some ELs, you can't go wrong. :thumbs:
[snapback]291127[/snapback]​

Ditto, how many did you want to age? Are we talking boxes or 5 'ers or what? Boxes are a big investment, but smaller quantities should be reasonable overall.

GO with the EL. That are from 04.

Not the best cigars for the money IMHO but something to remember..