• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigars or cigar brands to avoid?

maduro89

Straight Razors and Whisky
So I searched around the forum and i did not really find any threads regarding this topic... are there any cigars or cigar brands that one should avoid? Some reasons can be that they might have cheap tabacco and taste bad and anything along those lines.

Thanks!

Smoke what you like and like what you smoke. Everyone enjoys different flavors and aromas...

Cigars are really a mutual admiration society.
Bad mouthing is discouraged.

One man's dog rocket is another man's gem.

You gotta try a lot, to find your favs.

You might get some hits if you search for "dog rocket".

Chemyst :cool:

In general, I hate criollo and candela wrappers, and shitty construction. But tastes vary.

~Boar

For example . . . HdM cigars always explode on me. But lots of folks love 'em, and have no problems.

It's really all a personal preference thing. The only cigar I try to avoid is Gurkha, (never had one) but too many people have had bad experiences with them for me to want to try one.

So I searched around the forum and i did not really find any threads regarding this topic... are there any cigars or cigar brands that one should avoid? Some reasons can be that they might have cheap tabacco and taste bad and anything along those lines.
Smoke whatever you can get your hands on at first, and then you'll know what YOU need to avoid.

I used to smoke a lot of CAO products, but then it seemed they made strong sticks just to be strong, so I quit smoking them. I recently smoked a Suprano's edition, and thought it was very good. Things change and no 2 cigars are the same. Don't waste a chance to try a cigar just because someone else doesn't like it. :whistling:

Alright Gents! well I guess I'll just have an open mind in regards to any cigar I would want to smoke! I guess I would not smoke any dry or moldy cigars!

In order to form your own opinions, rather then relying on ours, try everything you can then decide for yourself.

There are universally disliked cigars, no matter what our resident philosophers say. White Owl, Backwoods, Havatampa, King Edward, Garcia y Vega, Robert Burns, Phillies, Dutchmasters etc. You get the idea. Pretty much anything that's not handmade, with a couple of notable exceptions. Machine made Havanas and our own Ct. puro, Munniemakers.

Doc

I don't really consider those cigars...

Neither do I, but you never know about newbs. They're like teenagers. You need to be very explicit and exact, leaving nothing to interpretation.

Doc

I've never had them but I haven't heard anything good about Thompson cigars. That being said, exploring and finding out what YOU like and dislike is part of the process.

I sample pretty much any cigar that strikes my fancy regardless of brand or price point (as long as I can afford it). I do however, tend to avoid infused cigars, not because I've smoked them, but rather because I don't care for the aroma. I also tend to avoid short filler cigars and other machine made cigars. These are just my own personal biases though. As stated before...each person should smoke what they enjoy...and that's really all there is to it.

The only cigar I try to avoid is Gurkha, (never had one) but too many people have had bad experiences with them for me to want to try one.

That, in my opinion, is the wrong way to look at cigars. Just because the a lot of people dont like them, doesnt mean it wont fit your flavor profile. Then again I'm not saying i would buy a box of Gurkhas, I hated the ones tried.