• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Climmax beads help

quito60

Hi,
I want to try the the climmax beads but I am not sure how much I need to buy. I have a humidor with a 300 cigar capacity. 16 3/4" x 8 1/2" x 8 1/2". Can you guys tell me what I will need to buy. Thanks

Without doing any math I would say a half pound would be plenty. Also, one of those single silverware trays may make a good tray to hold them in the humi (perfect for one of my 300 humi's, slightly too long for the other.) The other consideration is weather to use 70% or 65%. I would recomend 65% myself but go with whichever you have your heart set on.

I agree... a 1/2 lb. should be more than enough! But... why not get a whole pound? You might as well be ready when you come home with a 54 Qt Igloo... it's your fate as it is with the rest of us sickies! LOL!

Aloha,

Wade

Wade's right, you're gonna need a whole pound in a matter of a few months so just bite the bullet NOW. It saves money in the long run :D

I can't help myself...here's the math:

One pound of Climmax beads will humidify 5 cubic feet.
According to your dimensions, your humi is 0.7 cubic feet

So by these numbers you need just over 1/8 of a pound so I would buy a half pound and use about half (1/4 lb.). Keep the rest for your next humi purchase :thumbs:

Of course if you don't want the burden of storing a 1/4 pound of beads you could just send them to me ;)

there's actually a place that is cheaper than from Vern directly, search for a thread started by mhn, he posted the site.

I am looking to find where those beads are sold. MHN has started way too many threads, maybe I will PM him unless someone finds the right thread started by him.

M3

I usually get mine from Bargain Humidors myself. Then I can pick up a hygrometer or any other accessories I may need at the same time. Verns site is Climmax.com if you want to go to the source. They are very inexpensive no matter the price when compared to other methods so I just order according to what else I need to pick up as well.

I know how the math works out, but I used a 1/3 pound when I had a smaller humi and then figured it would be good for a 300 ct I was moving into. The 1/3 though just needed to be recharged a little more often it seemed so I like using the 1/2 pound even if it is overkill. May be all in my head, but what the heck, works for me. :thumbs:

By the way, those climmax bean bags are way cool. Were did everyone find theres at?? I have one of the stick things and it's great, but the bean bags just seem so cool for some reason. Perhaps just because I don't have one. ;)

I think Gibu is right , I also use alittle more than the math calls for, fig. I dont have to add distilled water as often, but I live in a very dry climate :D

Hey you yo-yo's! If you type in the "comments" box on Vern’s web site that you are from cigar pass he gives you a nice discount! ;)

Yea Joe, Discount Shmishcount, but what about the bean bag things?!

Thanks for agreeing with me Randy, I knew someone would. :p :p

Discount...Why didn't someone say so last week when I ordered a pound?!!!!
Bargainhgumidor is currently back ordered and has been since way before Christmas. Hence I had to pay full price at Verns.

Just how long does it take for him to ship? Been way too long and I checked my Credit Card and not even a charge yet. Maybe I should call tomorrow and beg for a discount too.

JOE.M. said:
Hey you yo-yo's! If you type in the "comments" box on Vern’s web site that you are from cigar pass he gives you a nice discount! ;)
I already ordered. but i got to get more.

Thanks Joe. :D