• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Climmax Premier Media

emodx said:
When it gets low, I just put a wet sponge or wet cigars in there. It is so simple with the beads! We really couldn't scream, "Buy the beads" any louder!

Emo
AMEN!!

A little info Vern gave the last time we talked. Use a "non-bacterial" sponge, place it on a thick piece of cedar or plastic, dampen the sponge {not dripping wet} and let the beads do the work of regulating the humidity to 65% or 70% {what ever you have} as the humidity drops add water to the sponge {again, don't soak it!!} and it will again stabilize. I have been doing this for 2 months now in one of my coolers and I have only added water to the sponge once. :thumbs: :thumbs:

JOE.M. said:
has anyone tryed this stuff and is it any good?
LMAO @ newbie Joe.M. This was his second post right after he joined :D

:sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

This is like looking at baby pictures :p

coventrycat86 said:
JOE.M. said:
LMAO @ newbie Joe.M. This was his second post right after he joined :D

:sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

This is like looking at baby pictures :p
:p

awwwe! sooo young and cute. :D

they are great! have talked to Vern over the phone about these and he set me up with what works the best.
have yet to have a prob. with them and they have never gone wrong.

yes they cost a little more than some things, but when you realize that you have money invested in the contets it makjes sense to protect them.

you do not put up a piece of string to stop a robber, why not protect your other investments?

It is really true!!!! I bought some 70% Climmax beads for my new 120 qt igloodor and to my amazement it works. Within a few days the humidity was exactly 70% and does not change. I wish I would have done this a couple of years do my regular humidors.

JWJ said:
It is really true!!!! I bought some 70% Climmax beads for my new 120 qt igloodor and to my amazement it works. Within a few days the humidity was exactly 70% and does not change. I wish I would have done this a couple of years do my regular humidors.
:sign: Ditto with me. Bought a half pound(should have just got a pound, want to put in 100 count humi), and my 48Q is rock solid 70%. Vern gives a discount to this group, and he ships very quick.

My 2cents,
JV

Sorry to hijack your post, however is it enough to place them in the stocking and place the stocking directly on the wood?? I thought I read somewhere that they shouldn't be placed directly on the wood.

cvmfour said:
Ya'll think a 1/2 pound should do it on my new humidor?

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=7695

What are the pro's and con's of the 65% vs. 70%?
Yeah, 1/2 lb will do great.

65% is my choice, I think all cigars smoke better at that RH. If you could buy Cuban Cigars in the US then 65% would be a Must Have.

Some people still use 70% and don't have any trouble, but I am sure Cuban Cigars would need to be "DryBoxed" for a day prior to smoking them.

The RH is really a matter of choice, but I recommend the 65%

They're pretty much THE answer to humidification. make sure to tell them you're a member here, I think we still get a 10% discount.

Member No.: 666

Well, well, well, look who's back!!! :D

Glad to see you're not lost Ryan!! ;) You've missed all the excitement, at least two new members from Michigan and lots of fun making fun of OSU, etc. :sign:

There will be no making fun of OSU you rotten BASTAGE!

GO BUCKS

We will see who has bragging rights come this Fall I guess. What is it a UCONN fan likes about the steenking blue?

Matt

As soon as I get back from vacation I am getting rid of my wet foam and buying some beads. I am thoroughly convinced of their greatness and am singing praises of them in another forum (here it would be the cliche' preaching to the...).

My one newbie question.. After the initial wetting with the syringe you don't need distilled water anymore since they will be absorbing vapors, right? If I didn't want to go out and buy a gallon of distilled water could I just put the dry beads in the cooler along with enough water to evaporate and "fill" them?

Matt

You can add water with a syringe or just put a wet sponge in the humidor and the beads will soak up the wetness of the sponge. Seems like a better way to do it and not overfill the beads like you can do with the syringe.

JOE.M. said:
This stuff is absolutely marvelous. :love: I've never had a reading below 70 with the right amount of water. I had lower readings at first, but didn't do my homework as to what the right amount of water application should be. I'm expecting a half-pound order any day now to get my coolidor started! :D

The real question is(and it's related to txmatt's post)--who loves the wet-foam thingies? ??? ;) :p

SFG75 said:
JOE.M. said:
This stuff is absolutely marvelous. :love: I've never had a reading below 70 with the right amount of water. I had lower readings at first, but didn't do my homework as to what the right amount of water application should be. I'm expecting a half-pound order any day now to get my coolidor started! :D

The real question is(and it's related to txmatt's post)--who loves the wet-foam thingies? ??? ;) :p
I love them, they are perfect for re-humidifying the beads when they get low. Just put one of those stupid piks wet with distilled water next to your beads. Your beads will suck up the moisture until they hit the right level. :thumbs:

Emo

txmatt said:
There will be no making fun of OSU you rotten BASTAGE!

GO BUCKS

We will see who has bragging rights come this Fall I guess. What is it a UCONN fan likes about the steenking blue?

Matt
Matt, if you dont want to buy a gallon of distilled H2O, just wait until the fall, and you can bottle your tears after the Amaizin Blue steamrolls your beloved "Shiny Nuts", you buckeye lovin freak! J/K :D

I can see this is gonna be a looooong summer awaiting the Big 10 season. We might just have to do some kind of Pass or something to commemorate the festivities. Perhaps an all big ten pass.
Please no smart comments about Michigan's lack of a PASSing game, or the old standby quote " 3 yards and a cloud of dust".

Thread-jacking completed.

JV GO BLUE