• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

COD - Modern Warfare 3

A few of my employees took tomorrow off and will be picking up copies of this at midnight. You crazy kids you. Should make for a quiet day at the office tomorrow. This might be a good excuse for me to buy my daughter an XBOX 360 for Christmas. "Sorry honey. They were all out of Just Dance 3. Good news though. They did have Ace Combat: Assault Horizon."

Bigger turnout than I anticipated. It was held in the food court at the BX/KMCC/Mall thingie here, so it was inside. I've started the game, but I don't think I'm going to finish it today. I'm tired, there's dishes and laundry to be done, and I've got banjo lessons tonight that I haven't practiced a lick for all week. Ahhhh... the life of a Haus Frau.

I've about FPS'd myself out after going from Borderlands then to Rage. I'll be at GameStop Thursday at midnight for Skyrim!! Then I'll barricade myself In my living room for a month!

Ended up playing it all the way through, which, I really shouldn't be surprised about... I won't give any details about the campaign, but it was pretty fun. Enjoyed it much more than Black Ops. Infinity Ward, even with all the former developers gone, still poops all over TreyArch. I just went through it on Regular. I may do Hardened, eventually, but I just like seeing how the storyline progresses, rather than screaming in frustration at a game all day.

Now, I need to get my interwebz reconnected to the XBox. It's such a poor connection here that it's pretty much impossible to play online. I have to try and figure out a way to remedy that.

11-11-11 SKYRIM!!! MW3 will have to wait, mainly cuz I can't dom all of you guys online until I get back to the states in 4 months, then its on...The COD series and the MW series can't be compared really, two different game styles and 2 different companies. Although it looks like BF3 is becoming a strong competitor with COD and MW.

Just snagged a used copy of BF3 while all the geeks for CODMW3 stood in line outside the store for the midnight release. Chumps!! :p
There was a huge line when I passed a local gamestop at 7. In my book, that's crazy for anything (except Mass Effect 3)!

You guys are seriously making me reconsider rebuilding my PC :whistling:

I preordered MW3 for PS3, but I'll ask Santa for a new rig for Christmas.

If you're going the DIY route, PM me...... :whistling:

Just snagged a used copy of BF3 while all the geeks for CODMW3 stood in line outside the store for the midnight release. Chumps!! :p
There was a huge line when I passed a local gamestop at 7. In my book, that's crazy for anything (except Mass Effect 3)!

Oh man, tell me about it! I am replaying ME2 right now!

You guys are seriously making me reconsider rebuilding my PC :whistling: I preordered MW3 for PS3, but I'll ask Santa for a new rig for Christmas.
If you're going the DIY route, PM me...... :whistling:

Thanks Tom. I may take you up on that offer down the road. The hardest part for me is sticking to my budget when putting something together.

For now I'll be happy with the PS3 version. :)

I think that I will pick up a copy for the PS3.

Dont think I am going get it this time around kinda burned out on MW games. My PS3 finally died was from 2007 so I had to get a new one. I still have alot more time to catch up on Dead Island, Dark Souls, Drakes Fortune 3 before Mass Effect 3 comes out. I am not even going get Elder scrolls V Skyrim cause I am scared of how much time that will drain from me.

I finished the New York missions on Veteran. I don't think it's as difficult as the past games were. I think it's definitely much easier to sit there and let the others do most of the shooting for you before you move in to clear an area and set the checkpoint.

I finished the New York missions on Veteran. I don't think it's as difficult as the past games were. I think it's definitely much easier to sit there and let the others do most of the shooting for you before you move in to clear an area and set the checkpoint.

Is this in reference to CODMW3's campaign? This is exactly why I hate this series. It's too easy to sit there and be successful. :( I get annoyed because the NPCs take my kills.

Now on the other hand, playing through BF3, I'm finding it more realistic. I pretty much can't move unless I lay some suppressive fire down from behind cover, and then move. It's pretty good and for the most part makes you use some decent tactics and have proper target acquisition. The only thing that bugs the crap out of me is that my squad doesn't dole out a whole lot of support, leaving my ass exposed.

I got a used copy of BF3 so if I beat it in a few more days, I can return it for a full refund and pick up COD3!

Is this in reference to CODMW3's campaign? This is exactly why I hate this series. It's too easy to sit there and be successful. :( I get annoyed because the NPCs take my kills.

Now on the other hand, playing through BF3, I'm finding it more realistic. I pretty much can't move unless I lay some suppressive fire down from behind cover, and then move. It's pretty good and for the most part makes you use some decent tactics and have proper target acquisition. The only thing that bugs the crap out of me is that my squad doesn't dole out a whole lot of support, leaving my ass exposed.

I got a used copy of BF3 so if I beat it in a few more days, I can return it for a full refund and pick up COD3!

That's a good deal souldog!

I'm enjoying survival mode, if anyone on PS3 wants to group up send me a PM with your PSN ID.

I've officially decided that BF3 reigns in supremacy over MW3... Then of course, MW3 is Activision and they will take a year+ just to fix the simple glitches online. On top of that, is it just me, or does anyone else feel like the maps are TOO detailed...They're just clustered. I started playing BF3 and its amazing! Huge Maps, pristine sound effects, interactive environment...Can you launch a jet off a carrier and then parachute into the level on MW3? I think not.

PSN - Deathstallion7
Add me, I'll teach you the ways my friend.

Man, my internet wireless router crapped, so gott get a new one........untill then, the BF3 bloodbath shall wait.......lol

n. The only thing that bugs the crap out of me is that my squad doesn't dole out a whole lot of support, leaving my ass exposed.

Funny you mention this as when I've been playin, id get frustrated and say "man, why isn't me squad working"....lol
I could have gotten used to the CoD squad help.....lol