• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba 40th Anniversary barberpoles?

Hello all!
New here but just thought i would mention that i recently purchased one of these and it was great found this site by looking for info about it because my usual Cuban source didn't sell these.
Picked one up at my local shop along with a San Cristobal Mercaderes that was also exceptional.

That would be because they are fakes, but glad you enjoyed it nonetheless.

I was gifted a perfecto version of this particular fauxhiba by a friend awhile back . . . and it was horrible. Flavors of dirt, ash, and WINDEX. Uggghhh.

That's the thing about counterfeits. You never know for sure what kind of cat turd wrapped in burnt hair they put the band onto.

~Boar

I hear Siamese maduro cat turds actually smoke very well and even, especially with a burnt hair wrapper.

Wow, the bumping of two year old threads with one post is really running wild these days.

New guys, the best bet would be to read stickies and learn. Take a look at how old the thread is and if it's been an extended amount of time, just move onto the next one.

It's interesting that 2 years later these cigars are still floating around. I wonder if they're starting up production on these again....

So let me get this straight.... Two newbies who haven't bothered with any kind of intro decide that their first posts will be about smoking some fake Cohibas. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What's wrong with this picture?

Search was my friend. Sadly, my real friend appears to have given me a fake cigar.

I read with interest the history on this. I did some checking after today a colleague was busting at the gut to present me with a "40th Anniv Cohiba" I was busting at the gut, too, til I did some reading.

No need for me to rehash the great insights in this thread. The only "new" piece seems to be the 2007 date on the label. (I will say - I was a bit thrown off when I first looked at the label and it said "40th anniversary" but the yeears were 1966-2007. Maybe it's a special edition first anniversary of their 40th anniversary? :)

Anyway - you can see the suspect cigar below. Sorry for pic taken via Blackberry.

John

PS - while you can't tell in the pic - these too are barber poles.

4269705792_cb21344685_o.png