• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba black dot comparable?

JoeGibs

A friend of mine who's a general contractor has helped me out a ton with my millions of stupid questions over the years in my venture to remodel my house. He likes cohiba blacks. I'd like to send him a gift of something he might like that is comparable to the cohiba's he likes. I sent him some nica libre's that he liked, but not as much as the cohibas. Any suggestions of a few nice ones he might like?

I bought myself the "my father selection" sampler on fox cigar, thought that'd be a nice gift for him too, I was going to get him that but they're sold out, so now thinking maybe just putting together a little sampler on my own instead.

A friend of mine who's a general contractor has helped me out a ton with my millions of stupid questions over the years in my venture to remodel my house. He likes cohiba blacks. I'd like to send him a gift of something he might like that is comparable to the cohiba's he likes. I sent him some nica libre's that he liked, but not as much as the cohibas. Any suggestions of a few nice ones he might like?

I bought myself the "my father selection" sampler on fox cigar, thought that'd be a nice gift for him too, I was going to get him that but they're sold out, so now thinking maybe just putting together a little sampler on my own instead.

With the Cohibas, is it strictly a cost issue? Which leads me to my 2nd question, what's your budget? That'll help guide us on recos.

Try other Cameroon-wrapped cigars, like the Fuente Hemingway line?

I actually missed it the first time too... his buddy likes the Cohiba Blacks. But, in the same vein, if he likes a good maduro, there's always WOAM.

If you want a guaranteed good time, but tight on bread, the Genesis The Project is a maduro that has stood the test of time.

It's a staple in my rotation.

I actually missed it the first time too... his buddy likes the Cohiba Blacks. But, in the same vein, if he likes a good maduro, there's always WOAM.

If you want a guaranteed good time, but tight on bread, the Genesis The Project is a maduro that has stood the test of time.

It's a staple in my rotation.
Ah, you’re right, I was thinking red dot. How about some Tat Reservas then? Stick with the Broadleaf.

This is strictly my opinion: People who smoke NC Cohiba's are doing it because they don't know much about cigars and assume expensive always equals better. I agree with the guys above, get him anything with a broadleaf wrapper. Or better yet, since those have a decently Bold blend, just give him sticks you enjoy.

Since he's a contractor and probably tosses cigars before he finishes them on jobsite, maybe give these a whirl. They aren't broadleaf but they are bold. Also they are amazing IMO.

Since he is a fan of the Cohiba brand. I suggest the Cohiba Macassar. It uses a similar wrapper and Nicaraguan/Mex instead of Dominican/Mex fillers. If you're interested in trying to find a cigar in that profile, look for Connecticut Broadleaf wrappers on other brands, like those that everyone else has suggested already..

Since he is a fan of the Cohiba brand. I suggest the Cohiba Macassar.

That's funny. Shortly after he started this thread I pm'd him asking about that MF sampler. He replied about them and then I replied with this:

Screenshot_20220401-091749_Samsung Internet.jpg

I think the biggest issue is Macassars are gonna be right up there with the absurdly priced Blacks. That's why I suggested the Pledges.. it's only a 10ct box that can be had for right around $100. Much better than the CBs and he can brag about it's provenance.

If it's not really about the cigar with him and just a status thing... well...

There's always these!
🤨🤭🤫

Gurkha's, PERFECT!! just ordered a box for him!

ha, dick.

He's had the genesis the project and he liked that one too. the cohiba macassar is a bit much, he can buy his own damn box of cohiba's if thats what he wants, i'm trying to give him some new options to not spend 20 bucks per stick at his local place.

just picking out some singles on fox, so far i've got the jamie garcia reserva especial, illusione cg4 maduro, oliva serie G maduro, cao flathead, and a 5 pack of the tatuaje reserva petite's. all broadleaf except the cg4. Does the cg4 fit the profile as the rest or should I replace it with something?

Gurkha's, PERFECT!! just ordered a box for him!

ha, dick.

He's had the genesis the project and he liked that one too. the cohiba macassar is a bit much, he can buy his own damn box of cohiba's if thats what he wants, i'm trying to give him some new options to not spend 20 bucks per stick at his local place.

just picking out some singles on fox, so far i've got the jamie garcia reserva especial, illusione cg4 maduro, oliva serie G maduro, cao flathead, and a 5 pack of the tatuaje reserva petite's. all broadleaf except the cg4. Does the cg4 fit the profile as the rest or should I replace it with something?
Cohiba Macassar at CBID. $5 per. LOL.... it's where the cheap people like me shop to look like we got bank. ;-)

I don't know about the profile, but I really like the Illusione OD Maduros.

Those LFD double ligero?

Camacho triple maduro

Both bold. Those ligero kicked my ass. I'm still a wee newb though 😁😂

Not sure, they sold out before I looked.

I ordered the surprise package last night. Went with the illusione cg4, Jamie Garcia reserva especial, oliva G maduro, a 5 pack of the tatuaje petite reserve’s, and an AF seleccion privada #1 maduro.

I’m jealous, I want them for myself, but after receiving my noobie sampler I have plenty of new ones to keep me busy for a while

Thanks for the help gentlemen