• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Maduros in 2007 !

centurycigar

Rare Stamp & Coin Dealer
Got this from another site:

NEW COHIBAS FROM HAVANA AND SANTIAGO

Both lines to feature maduro wrappers!

Los Angeles, July 3 – With the wild gyrations of the U.S. cigar market creating new brands and new shapes all the time, the cigar portfolio of Habanos S.A. seems stoic.

No new handmade brand has debuted since 1999 with San Cristobal de la Habana. There are new Edicion Limitadas every year, but the 2006 class was a repeat of some members of the first group, issued in 2000.

So it was with considerable fanfare that, following the end of the annual marketing conference held with its worldwide distributors on June 26-28, Habanos S.A. announced that a new line of Cohiba cigars would be introduced at the 2007 Festival del Habano!

The “third line” of the Cohiba brand – after the Linea Classica from 1982 and the Linea 1492 or “Siglo” series from 1992 – will feature Cohibas with maduro wrappers, rarely seen in Cuban cigars produced after nationalization.

This new line follows on the wild acclaim for the Cohiba Sublime, a 6 3/8-inch by 54-ring toro with a maduro wrapper introduced as a member of the Edicion Limitada line for 2004. This cigar has been widely praised and Habanos will now produce a maduro line although the number of shapes and details on sizes are still to come.

However, the announcement gave Habanos an opportunity to pat itself on the back for its production methods for maduro wrappers. According to a statement, “Unlike other Maduro wrappers from other origins, that include artificial processes to force the color of the wrappers, the process for obtaining Cuban Maduro Wrappers is 100% natural.”

The program for maduro wrapper development has been ongoing for some time and all of the maduro wrapper leaf will have been aged for at least two years, but on the Cohiba line, all of the wrappers will be at least five years old “for maintaining the coherence with the international leadership of said brand.”

Since the 2007 release will coincide with the 25-year anniversary of the worldwide debut of the brand in honor of the 1982 FIFA World Cup in Spain, will it be called the “Linea Futbol”? Unlikely . . . perhaps “Linea Espana” might be more appropriate.

Habanos S.A. also confirmed its Edicion Limitada brands for 2007: Hoyo de Monterrey, Romeo y Julieta and Trinidad, although sizes were not announced. Beginning with these releases, all tobacco in the Edicion Limitada line will have been aged for two years. Up to now, only the wrapper leaves were aged a minimum of two years.

No new handmade brand has debuted since 1999 with San Cristobal de la Habana. There are new Edicion Limitadas every year, but the 2006 class was a repeat of some members of the first group, issued in 2000.

When things are that good it's usually better not to play around.

Since the 2007 release will coincide with the 25-year anniversary of the worldwide debut of the brand in honor of the 1982 FIFA World Cup in Spain, will it be called the “Linea Futbol”? Unlikely . . . perhaps “Linea Espana” might be more appropriate.

Italy won the cup in 1982, maybe Habanos knows something we don't ;)

More good stuff I can't afford :(

I will be looking forward to it.

I had a new Partagas D3 the other day and it was as close to a maduro as I have ever seen, even tasted like one. A very unique Cuban cigar!

I can't wait! That'll be a marriage of two of my favorite cigar qualities: maduro and Cuban. Hopefully, I'll be able to afford at least a fiver. I'd better save up now.

All I can say is bring them on!!! :D

Being a fan of the Cohiba and Siglo lines, I look forward to seeing what they do with this.

:cool: :)

Wow, this is some good news. Can't wait to see what will come out.

Just a quick intro... I did do a an introduction post awhile ago, and yes I did update my profile..lol, but it takes me time to jump in. So here I am my first real post.
I have mixed feeling about Maduro wrappers on Cuban cigars, I don't know if it just I am old fashion, or that I am not overly enthusiastic of maduro cigars.
I don't mind them in the beginning of the smoke but I find I tire of the flavor around the half way mark. So yea I am curious as to who a Cuban Maduro will compare in that aspect. Hopefully there will be some production in the smaller cigars. At any rate, I applaud their effort, and if it is a great success, and I don't like them, I figure there will be more for the taking of the regular production cigars. so hey I say bring em on.
Deez

I tend to agree with ya Deez. I too hope that they will produce them in a 46 or smaller ring. It sounds like I prefer maduros more than you do but while I'd be willing to try these, I can't see me being a big fan. When I feel like smoking a Cuban cigar, that's what I'm in the mood for. When I'm in the mood for a maduro, I grab an Añejo or a Padron 1926 maduro. Tonight for instance, I wanted a maduro so I grabbed a Shark. Who knows what tomorrow will bring but I see an SLR Serie A in the line up real soon. ;)

Hopefully, they will make a few different sizes. I'd like to see a 5x50 myself.

Hmmm, Cohiba "Between The Lines" anyone?
It will be interesting to see how they will taste, if they're aged longer than the reg. lines, etc.. I'm guessing, hoping, that they will put the maduro wrappers on one or two of their current sizes.

But more than that ... Trinidad EL in 07! :D
If SSAL donates plasma each week until mid 2007 ... he can buy how many? ...
am hoping at least a 5er :D

I love a good maduro, but I too am a bit wary of what the price tag will read. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I hope they introduce these is new sizes. I would love to see a reg production maduro DC. On the other hand, I would hate to see the price tag on a reg production maduro DC.