• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Millenium Jar cigars

Strayvector

Like what you smoke, smoke what you like
My local cigar shop has finally cracked open the Cohiba Millenium Jar and is offering the individual sticks up for sale. I have always wondered what these taste like and am thinking about picking one up (or 2). Price is just high enough to make me pause (~equivalent to about $60/stick), but hey...you only live once. If anyone's smoked one of these, please let me know what you think. Maybe the $60 will be easier to spend.

Thanks

After thinking about this, no way I'm spending $60 for a cigar. Still interested though to hear what this cigar tastes like.

Strayvector said:
After thinking about this, no way I'm spending $60 for a cigar. Still interested though to hear what this cigar tastes like.
[snapback]202411[/snapback]​
Ask MattR or Devin

Just buy one and smoke it. $60? You may regret not having smoked one later. After that one smoke only $2 sticks until you get to an average price you can live with.

Strayvector said:
My local cigar shop has finally cracked open the Cohiba Millenium Jar and is offering the individual sticks up for sale. I have always wondered what these taste like and am thinking about picking one up (or 2). Price is just high enough to make me pause (~equivalent to about $60/stick), but hey...you only live once. If anyone's smoked one of these, please let me know what you think. Maybe the $60 will be easier to spend.

Thanks
[snapback]202408[/snapback]​

I'm guessing you must be in Canada given the price. They are nice cigars; Cohiba profile but a slightly different blend. I have a few of 'em laying around if you're prefer to trade for one.

moki said:
Strayvector said:

Thanks
[snapback]202408[/snapback]​

I'm guessing you must be in Canada given the price. They are nice cigars; Cohiba profile but a slightly different blend. I have a few of 'em laying around if you're prefer to trade for one.
[snapback]202638[/snapback]​

nice move! ;)

moki said:
[snapback]202638[/snapback]​

I'm currently in Sweden and the prices here are even higher than Canada. When I get back to the US, I'll probably take you up on the trade, but you may not find much in my inventory that you desire. Thanks for the offer. :D

Strayvector said:
[snapback]202411[/snapback]​
You will always have the chance to make or have $60.00, the chance to smoke one of these cigars may not always be there. A freind of mine has one of these sticks and is saving it for special moment to enjoy. He was offered more than $60.00 for it too. I have blown more than $60.00 on something other than a cigar, yea I wish I could have the cash back, but the chance to smoke this cigar far outweighs risk. I say go for it! Here is a link to several reviews of the stick.
http://www.cigars-review.org/Cohiba-Piramide.htm

C&R

I too would go for it. I'm sure you've forgotten times you've spent $60+ dollars on something, I don't think you would forget this. Good memories are priceless.

I would gladly pay $60. Heck I pay that much for a video game :) If I had the opportunity to get a jar at $60 each I would jump all over it!

LGHT said:
I would gladly pay $60. Heck I pay that much for a video game :) If I had the opportunity to get a jar at $60 each I would jump all over it!
[snapback]202856[/snapback]​

I think that is per cigar, not jar.

Not bad, the worst of the bunch compared to the other millennium jar cigars. The Cuaba being the best, Montecristo second and then the Cohiba. The Cohiba has mellowed a lot over the last few years. It was much more like the Siglo line when it was new. I still smoke one from time to time but only have a couple left. I doubt I'd spend $60 on one. Especially if you can get some other Cohibas at a better rate. All-in-all, it's a Cohiba, so your just spending a premium for the age, which is about par for the course with this line.

seamus said:
I too would go for it. I'm sure you've forgotten times you've spent $60+ dollars on something, I don't think you would forget this. Good memories are priceless.
[snapback]202801[/snapback]​

I couldn't have said it better!

C&R

Matt R said:
Not bad, the worst of the bunch compared to the other millennium jar cigars. The Cuaba being the best, Montecristo second and then the Cohiba. The Cohiba has mellowed a lot over the last few years. It was much more like the Siglo line when it was new. I still smoke one from time to time but only have a couple left. I doubt I'd spend $60 on one. Especially if you can get some other Cohibas at a better rate. All-in-all, it's a Cohiba, so your just spending a premium for the age, which is about par for the course with this line.
[snapback]202985[/snapback]​

My take on this is a bit different... Back way when, I bought 2 of each of the jars... At least to me, the Monte was and still is by far the best of the bunch... The monte robusto EL at the time as also the best of the bunch with respect to the EL's...

IMO, and I am partial to Cohibas overall, the Cohiba Milleniums were and still are the second best of the bunch. The Cuabas come in last...

It's all subjective... perhaps my expectations for the Cohiba Milleniums were too high... Not a chance in hell I'd ever pay $60 bucks for one single stick of the pyramid... At some point in the future, they may be worth 60+... Right now, $40 would be a more accurate figure.

morenoloco said:
The monte robusto EL at the time as also the best of the bunch with respect to the EL's..

Have smoked a Partagas piramide EL recently. They are smoking really nice... but so are the Montes, still.

Matt R said:
morenoloco said:
The monte robusto EL at the time as also the best of the bunch with respect to the EL's..

Have smoked a Partagas piramide EL recently. They are smoking really nice... but so are the Montes, still.
[snapback]203167[/snapback]​

That's good to know... I'd gotten two boxes of the Partys back in early 01 and I thought that they were horrible... The Monte's were awesome back then... I stashed all my boxes away, and haven't revisited them. I'm glad to hear that the Partagas Piramides are doing well!!!

I think you're going to see these first run ELs hitting a high premium in a few short years. The only thing I have left from them is a box of the HdM Particulares, which are pretty rare to find now. The second release are a bit easier to find. I'll be sitting on these for quite some time before cracking them open.