• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Panetelas

Keep up the bullshit and you may not have a choice.

I came here a few months ago to join a community & to learn; learn more about a hobby, cigars, that I have enjoyed sine June, 2007.

Before I joined here I read this; it sounds great.
"CigarPass was founded in early 2000, with a mission to become the friendliest and most knowledgeable online cigar community. More than a decade later, I’m happy to say that we succeeded! Back in the 90’s, there were only a few cigar forums around, however one thing I noticed was the lack of camaraderie. It seems people would flame each other left and right, and the administrators would hand out bans unjustly and unfairly. Unless you were part of the “in crowed”, you weren’t welcome. How does this build a true community?
In 2000, I decided it was time to establish a true cigar community, where people not only respected one another, but also looked out for each other. I believed in creating a community where members were treated like adults, and were accountable for their own actions. Many forums have moderators; I’ve never been a fan of moderators. In my experience, a moderator oftentimes becomes power hungry and begins to take their job a bit too far. You also cultivate members who try to become buddies with the moderators, which eventually creates that in-crowd type mentality.
You’ll notice that CigarPass has only 1 administrator and zero moderators. We are a self-moderated cigar forum, meaning that it’s up to the members to uphold up our rules and culture."

I like the concept of self moderation but at the end of the day it is up to the old timers aka the FOGs to be quite a bit more patient with the noobs. I have seen the FOGs throw plenty of ball busters at other long time, or more established members, and the ones that have been here long enough to be FOGs don't seem to mind taking a friendly ball busting from some members. On the other hand, it would seem that more often than not some of the established members are quick to judge most noobs, often using tactics & language that go directly against forum rules.

If established members are not going to self moderate the forum when established members throw out personal insults, particularly against newer members, then how could anyone here expect the place to grow, to stay positive, and to attract a growing base of BOTL? This forum, and any other forum that seeks to be self moderated can be a very positive place, for the FOGs & for the noobs but that will not happen unless the personal insults by the few established members comes to a stop. The established members have to take the responsibility of keeping the FOGs in check when the FOGs are the ones using personal insults, insults everyone knows are against the rules. If the established members don't self moderate this, then how can the noobs be expected to do anything but follow the example?

This thread, among plenty of others, is a perfect example of how CP's self moderated concept is not working. Just as @Pugman1943 stated in his post #49, there is way too much negativity, in this thread. That is a truly bad thing for CP. We are all here because we love cigars; we are all BOTL.

I understand that everyone is not always going to agree but CP is a great place & CP doesn't need the juvenile personal insults. I'm as guilty as anyone but I'm still here & I hope to continue to be a part of this community. We all have to tame it down with the personal stuff. I'm sure @Rod would agree.

Come on BOTL; let's all move forward & let us all make CP better. :)

Last edited:
I came here a few months ago to join a community & to learn; learn more about a hobby, cigars, that I have enjoyed sine June, 2007.

"CigarPass was founded in early 2000, with a mission to become the friendliest and most knowledgeable online cigar community. More than a decade later, I’m happy to say that we succeeded! Back in the 90’s, there were only a few cigar forums around, however one thing I noticed was the lack of camaraderie. It seems people would flame each other left and right, and the administrators would hand out bans unjustly and unfairly. Unless you were part of the “in crowed”, you weren’t welcome. How does this build a true community?
In 2000, I decided it was time to establish a true cigar community, where people not only respected one another, but also looked out for each other. I believed in creating a community where members were treated like adults, and were accountable for their own actions. Many forums have moderators; I’ve never been a fan of moderators. In my experience, a moderator oftentimes becomes power hungry and begins to take their job a bit too far. You also cultivate members who try to become buddies with the moderators, which eventually creates that in-crowd type mentality.
You’ll notice that CigarPass has only 1 administrator and zero moderators. We are a self-moderated cigar forum, meaning that it’s up to the members to uphold up our rules and culture."

I like the concept of self moderation but at the end of the day it is up to the old timers aka the FOGs to be quite a bit more patient with the noobs. I have seen the FOGs throw plenty of ball busters at other long time, or more established members, and the ones that have been here long enough to be FOGs don't seem to mind taking a friendly ball busting from some members. On the other hand, it would seem that more often than not some of the established members are quick to judge most noobs, often using tactics & language that go directly against forum rules.

If established members are not going to self moderate the forum when established members throw out personal insults, particularly against newer members, then how could anyone here expect the place to grow, to stay positive, and to attract a growing base of BOTL? This forum, and any other forum that seeks to be self moderated can be a very positive place, for the FOGs & for the noobs but that will not happen unless the personal insults by the few established members comes to a stop. The established members have to take the responsibility of keeping the FOGs in check when the FOGs are the ones using personal insults, insults everyone knows are against the rules. If the established members don't self moderate this, then how can the noobs be expected to do anything but follow the example?

This thread, among plenty of others, is a perfect example of how CP's self moderated concept is not working. Just as @Pugman1943 stated in his post #49, there is way too much negativity, in this thread. That is a truly bad thing for CP. We are all here because we love cigars; we are all BOTL.

I understand that everyone is not always going to agree but CP is a great place & CP doesn't need the juvenile personal insults. I'm as guil;ty as anyone but I'm still here & I hope to continue to be a part of this community. We all have to tame it down with the personal stuff. I'm sure @Rod would agree.

So you're OK with noobs responding to being educated about community norms and expectations by saying they don't care because they don't agree with them and then calling people things like jag offs? How is that the "FOGs" fault? "I'm not going to take this laying down"? Give me a break.

While this is a cigar forum, cigars really aren't the reason so many of us consider it home at all.

This is my favorite thread!

I love this place!

If it weren't for the occasional fucktard we would be limited to just talking about cigars :cool:

This group is critical to everyone.
Yeah, I've noticed that with a few forums, which is why I stopped going to them.

Not interested in being part of a community that acts like that when there are plenty of others with great communities
I can't say I had a problem when I joined, even if I don't use punctuation correctly, still use it.
I have been mia for a year, so I went back and looked at the threads you started. Seems to everyone welcomed you with open arms. Even engaged in some of your threads.

You started this thread ,you were asked to use some punctuation, there is none in your OP, by the way.

This is truly a great place, and a great bunch of folks. All your were being ask was to use punctuation, all you had to do is reply something like.
"Thanks I will keep that in mind in thr future.", or you could have edited post ,and I am 99% sure you would have been fine. But instead you decided to argue about it.

Now I suck at grammar and punctuation, Your OP was seriously hard for even me to read.

So you're OK with noobs responding to being educated about community norms and expectations by saying they don't care because they don't agree with them and then calling people things like jag offs? How is that the "FOGs" fault? "I'm not going to take this laying down"? Give me a break.

While this is a cigar forum, cigars really aren't the reason so many of us consider it home at all.

Well no; I'm not OK with that, nor was I implying I'm OK with that.
I guess you may have missed the entire concept of my post.

Well no; I'm not OK with that, nor was I implying I'm OK with that.
I guess you may have missed the entire concept of my post.
I never said I didn't ca

I never said I didn't care or that I didn't agree with them.
You are either thinking of someone else's post or are just full of crap

How does it waste your time?
You could have easily just ignored the thread.

The people who are actually answering the question, i have thanked.
Its those being nothing but dog piling asshats that have been the problem.

Dont like the thread?
Ignore it and move on.
Its really that simple
ORLY

We may have to add punctuation to the rules.

Last edited:

I understand that everyone is not always going to agree but CP is a great place & CP doesn't need the juvenile personal insults. I'm as guilty as anyone but I'm still here & I hope to continue to be a part of this community. We all have to tame it down with the personal stuff. I'm sure @Rod would agree.

There's a reason grammar and punctuation are considered important to a forum.
Anyone venture to say why?

Then maybe we can get to the Cohiba question.

You joined CigarPass January 2, 2021 - you have been a member of CigarPass 148 days?

Read more, but please post less.

Last edited:
Guys, I like all y'all. But, really... just fucking let it go, already. Some nobody noob douchebag necrobumps this thread, and both FOGS, noobs, and those in between are all responsible for the shit show it's become. Everyone wants to have the last word. If you've never posted in this thread before, there's no goddamn reason to feel the need to add your two cents now. Everyone legitimately involved in the "conversation" has made their pointless points that the other side obviously can't grasp. If you still feel the need to have to cry amongst yourselves, please take your nappies to a PM and stop here on the main board. You don't have to be friends. You don't have to be friendly. But, let's start acting like adults.

Also: Pembroke.

@kann No offense my friend but yours is by far the most offensive post in this thread. People handle things in different ways. The two asshats being singled out here have offered little or nothing to CP and others (including myself) have tried nicely, and maybe not so nicely, to show them the error of their ways. It's not for you to decide how people interact with each other on CP. And it damn sure isn't appropriate for you to start slinging broad-based insults and Nazi-like edicts.

This thread has been negative from the get go. There were a lot of probing comments made by multiple parties seemingly trying to wring out every drop of drama. We are all family here and I’m sure everyone can agree that nothing productive will result in the continuation of this thread.