• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Piramides '06

Mike33

Reaction score
Just saw that a couple of websites have these in stock.....FINALLY!!! :rolleyes:
The lowest I saw was around $240/box of ten. This was from a trusted vendor. Seems like only Europe has these right now, anyone know if thats the case?

Also, compared to the 2001 ELs, are these worth it at that price?????

Just saw that a couple of websites have these in stock.....FINALLY!!! :rolleyes:
The lowest I saw was around $240/box of ten. This was from a trusted vendor. Seems like only Europe has these right now, anyone know if thats the case?

Also, compared to the 2001 ELs, are these worth it at that price?????

Hard to say. Seems like there were mixed reviews on the 2001s. My B&M still has over a full box left, just covered in bloom, yet they sold out of Mag50s within weeks. That there says something. The price is decent considering that Cohiba is normally 20-30% more $ than it's alternative branded counterpart. And the varnished box looks pretty neat. None of the Vendors that I deal with it have it in stock, although one that I know of for sure is getting it in stock very soon.

The price on these is obscene. I love the '01s and I won't be buying any.

I've only seen these at one place at UK prices $360, the place selling them for $240 is only taking reservations, it shouldn't be long before everybody has them though.

As delicious as the might be, it's hard to pull the trigger at that price.

Roger that. It's a hard pill to swallow even at $240 for a tenner. They'd better be out-freakin-standing for that price.

Wilkey

yep, i just got notification from my vendor about these. He's charging $270..WOW!!!! But, i guess not much worse than what people are paying for the ESG's.

Ouch that is a tough pill to swallow. If I pay that much for a smoke I have a hard time smoking it...

Roger that. It's a hard pill to swallow even at $240 for a tenner. They'd better be out-freakin-standing for that price.

Wilkey

You can get other Habanos that will smoke outstanding for under half that price. EL's are just the Cuban way(after Altadis ownership started)to milk those with means, similar to what the major US players do.

Wilkey

You can get other Habanos that will smoke outstanding for under half that price. EL's are just the Cuban way(after Altadis ownership started)to milk those with means, similar to what the major US players do.

Exactly.

I got one for "free" today... (after dropping way over 300 euro in the store) at the Casa del Puro and I have to say its a DAMN good cigar. Strong tasting , it reminded me more of a classic Cohiba than a Siglo.

And it costs the same as a Trinidad Fundadores: 25 euro. I don't buy the Trinis often because of the price, even though I like them, and I won't be buying these very often either. Then again my favorite Cuban stick is the Punch Punch and they cost me 12 bucks a pop.

We have an expensive past-time gentlemen, so smoke what you can afford, but do treat yourself to something special once in a while.

Life is too short to be smoking yard-gars all the time. :thumbs:

I'll route my Money towards 25 Sig III's before I spend it on 10 of these new sizes. :sign:

Life is too short to be smoking yard-gars all the time. :thumbs:

Too true!! ;)

Pardon me fellas if I use you as a launch...

Hey, new smokers! Don't go throwing out your bundles just yet! Smoke what YOU enjoy. There are two bundle marcas that I won't buy again because my palate has grown beyond them. However, I'm still 2-3 years away from appreciating the bang versus buck of a $20 range cigar. I'm just past a year of appreciating better cigars, and I'm still getting mileage out of $1 sticks. I figure that I may have another 2-3 years before I'm truely corrupted. :whistling:

In the meantime, follow the observations of our more experienced Brothers and take notes!

Pardon me fellas if I use you as a launch...

Hey, new smokers! Don't go throwing out your bundles just yet! Smoke what YOU enjoy. There are two bundle marcas that I won't buy again because my palate has grown beyond them. However, I'm still 2-3 years away from appreciating the bang versus buck of a $20 range cigar. I'm just past a year of appreciating better cigars, and I'm still getting mileage out of $1 sticks. I figure that I may have another 2-3 years before I'm truely corrupted. :whistling:

In the meantime, follow the observations of our more experienced Brothers and take notes!
Hey Bruce,

I'm thinking "Bang For the Buck" comes in several different flavors. Honestly, I think that an earnest cigar smoker can get BFB from big ticket sticks even when just starting out if you take into account the type of BFB.

For example one type of BFB comes from having a cigar to punctuate a significant event or celebration. In this instance, the cigar is the spice on life and anything from a $1.50 bundler to a $100 Davidoff will serve and by association with the event, will be memborable.

Another type of BFB comes from a focused effort to deeply experience and/or analyze a specific cigar. This is the type of smoking I engage in when I'm trying to be maximally attentive for generating a review. In this instance, bigger dollars often suggest a cigar will generate a more interesting, notable smoking experience.

What do you think?

Wilkey

yep, i just got notification from my vendor about these. He's charging $270..WOW!!!! But, i guess not much worse than what people are paying for the ESG's.

It's actually a lot more, ESGs can be found @ MSRP ($18 a stick)... I'm tempted to pick some up, as I love the 2001 ELs, but man... that's a brutal pricetag.

I'm thinking "Bang For the Buck" comes in several different flavors. Honestly, I think that an earnest cigar smoker can get BFB from big ticket sticks even when just starting out if you take into account the type of BFB.

Very true... consider an analogy in clothing. People will spend $10 on a t-shirt that they wear every day, but also have no problem rationalizing an expensive suit that they wear only a few times a year.

Same thing here, I think... few people would buy these cigars as everyday smokes, but as a special occasion, that's a different thing entirely.

Very true... consider an analogy in clothing. People will spent $10 on a t-shirt that they wear every day, but also have no problem rationalizing an expensive suit that they wear only a few times a year.

Same thing here I think, few people would buy these cigars as everyday smokes, but as a special occasion, that's a different thing entirely.

WOW...Excellent analogy. Thanks.

Here is a bit of news for what it's worth....Cigar insider just rated the new 06 Cohiba Piramides. Only scored an 88. Not too impressive..... :( The 01s were not very good I give them a 6 out of 10 IMO.......Hope these 06s are better.....Funny how those who have tried these so far say its a very good cigar........Maybe CA got it wrong........That wouldnt be the first time....... Price for the 01s in Cuba at that time was $215 box 25 Unbelievable what these are going for( the 06s.)