• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Piramides '06

Hi Bfree.....I for one think the flavor of the 01s do not even come close to the better cohibas out there such as an 04 siglo 6 (newer siglo 6s are deteriorating in flavor quality) or any other LE cohiba such as the 03 DC or the 04 Sublime......IMHO the 01s lack the traditional cohiba flavor that the others that I mentioned have......It is there but not to the degree found in the others that I mentioned........Cohiba at its best IMO have a Slightly sweet and some would describle as grassy flavor Also with ceder and bean flavors....The 01s have almost no sweetness and very little bean flavor.....It does however have the grassyness .....This alone Is why I do not care for them........Taste as you know is subjective and im glad you enjoy them the way there are.....I still have several 01 boxes left. I thought that after 5 or 6 years of age they would improve....Only marginaly they have at this point in time....Maybe in 10 more year I will happier with them.

Hi Bfree.....I for one think the flavor of the 01s do not even come close to the better cohibas out there such as an 04 siglo 6 (newer siglo 6s are deteriorating in flavor quality) or any other LE cohiba such as the 03 DC or the 04 Sublime......IMHO the 01s lack the traditional cohiba flavor that the others that I mentioned have......It is there but not to the degree found in the others that I mentioned........Cohiba at its best IMO have a Slightly sweet and some would describle as grassy flavor Also with ceder and bean flavors....The 01s have almost no sweetness and very little bean flavor.....It does however have the grassyness .....This alone Is why I do not care for them........Taste as you know is subjective and im glad you enjoy them the way there are.....I still have several 01 boxes left. I thought that after 5 or 6 years of age they would improve....Only marginaly they have at this point in time....Maybe in 10 more year I will happier with them.

I also like the Siglo III from 2000!

I also like the Siglo III from 2000!

Also, my favorite Cohiba, but have never tried the original pyramids. The one DC that I've had was awesome and the Sublimes that I've smoked in the past year, although good, could use a little age. Not even contemplating of getting this year's LE.

Had a sneak peak on this smoke it was a single stick freebie from a box purchase, suprisingly mild no where near the Monte #2.

Had a sneak peak on this smoke it was a single stick freebie from a box purchase, suprisingly mild no where near the Monte #2.

Well I don't expect it to be anywhere near the Monte #2, it's a Cohiba.

There is a strong possibility of me finding a box of these in the near future. ;)

Im Surprized no one here responded to the 88 rating of the 06 Cohiba Piramids by cigar Insider. I thought someone would have an opinion on this....

It's all subjective. I really don't care what some magazine rates any cigar.

Very true however when contemplating a purchase of these at the current price any feed back is helpfull

Apparently Cohiba hasn't taken out enough advertising with CA as to earn a higher rating. :)

I heard Fidel is personally signing boxes of these from his hospital bed :laugh: Do to the high price

Very true however when contemplating a purchase of these at the current price any feed back is helpfull

Same as when I buy wine, I generally only purchase a box of that which I have tasted and tried myself. Now, a score in a magazine is just that, somebody elses opinion of that product, but for my dollars I need to sample it myself.

:cool:

Point well taken.....What tempts us first though especialy about cigars sometime is the hype. Mixed opinions always have to be decided in the end by ourselves by trying one.........

Not quite dismissed yet ... whistling.gif

Yea while the price is outlandish there is just something about these......... ??? .

On a side note, I think its interesting the box these come in. Who says Cubans can't have great presentation? The ridiculous part of all this is the price from 2001 and 2006. Those guys at Habanos are learning what n/c cigar makers have known for a while......slap some fancy packaging on it and make a lot of hype, and you can sell a good cigar for a lot more and people will buy it. My $.02