• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohibin's Cohiba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I got off topic.

The cigars are fakes just like Dave C said a long time ago.

Here's an interesting an relevant web site on Cuban counterfeit cigars:

http://www.shortcut-cigars.com/en/content/...feit_cigars.htm

• A friend back from Cuba gives you a box of Cohiba, Partagas, Montecristo, etc. at half the official price.
There's some serious chance that your cigars are not made by Habanos.

• You bought cigars directly from someone working at the factory?
This is not a guarantee. The cigars could be false as well.

• The dealer is a torcedor and he picked up your box directely at the factory.
Once again, this does not at all guarantee the authenticity of your cigars.

In Cuba, the trade of counterfeit cigars is very significant. Practically all cigars sold in the street are counterfeit merchandise.

Counterfeit cigars in Cuba too

The counterfeit cigar is also a problem in Cuba. The only way to get true cigars is to buy them at the official stores. Indeed, Havana hides many workshops producing counterfeits cigars and a huge network of retailers. Practically all the cigars resulting from these parallel networks are imitations.

Non-official Havana cigars made in the factory

Good to know: In Cuba, each torcedor can roll cigars for his personal use on his own time. He can do this at work and with his own tobacco. Thus, you could buy a box directly from a torcedor, at the entrance of the factory, and get counterfeit cigars.

How good or bad is an imitation?

A counterfeit cigar will not be inevitably bad; You can find various qualities on the parallel market. Some are not smokable, stuffed with paper and reject material, or quite simply badly rolled, and others can be done with cuban tobacco and of good quality.

The cost of a counterfeit cigar

Should you travel to Cuba or elsewhere, if you plan to buy cigars directly from someone at a very (too) attractive price, and through the non official market, the point is to buy these cigars for what they are (most probably imitations) and pay for your box accordingly. If you pay 30 $US a box, then okay, that's a good deal.

Why does a counterfeit cigar in Cuba should be different than official Havana cigars?

Just like some prestigious French wines, the Havana is the result of complex procedures and know-how. In all this process, let's just mention the selection of particular tobaccos by the expert of the factory, blend of 3 types of leaves (ligero, seco and volado) in a way that will give to the cigar its identity and a taste in conformity with the brand.

If I could have the opportunuty to take care of a single vine in the best French vineyard, I would not for sure produce an exceptionnal wine, even with the best conditions. The same applies to the counterfeit cigars in Cuba: You could find there some suitable and even tasty cigars, but keep in mind that they will be completely different than the brand printed on the box.

Yes you can buy some Cohiba, Montecristo or whatever from the grey market, but do not pay more than 20 or 30$ a box (and definitely not 300$!). Smoke your cigars for what they are: modest (and maybe interesting) cigars but not Espendidos

coventrycat86 said:
Here are a few more for your enjoyment:

assasination
Ya missed a the second "s" you a$$ :p
use that money to put food on their tables and cloth on their kids.
I've got a spare table cloth if you need it :p
so I'll igonre all of that and stick to the original topic.
igonre, now THAT'S a good one!! :p
for more speculation and stimulating argumentation.
argumentation? LMAO :p
Sorry if I got too passioante.
pro or ante? LMAO :sign:

And that was only reviewing his lasts six posts :sign: You ought to see the other 98 :0
I gotta say he's an endless source of entertainment with the way he completely butchers the King's English :D

Ceep pooostin' Cohibin ;)

Oh and Rod, please DO NOT EVER consider installing a spell checker, it would take the fun away ;)
How can you forget...

Excuse my lack of conosourness.

It's hopeless... this thread had little substance to begin with, and now, its just a festering cold sore on everyone's ass.

The crackdown was on the news yesterday (spanish channel). I was typing fast so sorry for the typos, you got the idea.

vewyphishy said:
coventrycat86 said:

assasination

And that was only reviewing his lasts six posts :sign: You ought to see the other 98 :0
I gotta say he's an endless source of entertainment with the way he completely butchers the King's English :D

Oh and Rod, please DO NOT EVER consider installing a spell checker, it would take the fun away ;)
How can you forget...

It's hopeless... this thread had little substance to begin with, and now, its just a festering cold sore on everyone's ass.
Vewy whose agenda are you pursuing? Why do you keep on wanting to censorship all the threads regarding me? Am I some sort o threat to you? If you don't like them the shut the hell up!?? If people want to keep posting let them. When they get tired they will stop, is that simple.
Some members will post their findings of the other cigars here, and some of us are interested in reading that, so take a hike would you?

Just for you, I added a pic of my "fakes" in my profile, just for you stinkyfish. :D

Cohibin said:
The crackdown was on the news yesterday (spanish channel). I was typing fast so sorry for the typos, you got the idea.
Uh, NO, I don't "got" the idea. It's not the typos I'm wondering about in your "crackdown" post, your jibberish doesn't make any sense:
You guys should know, there is a MAJOR crackdown going on in the island as we type on all clandestine cigar factories. Believe me, when they roll one of them "opperations" there, they are very well planned out and they really clean out. You should definitelly see a decrease in counterfits shortly.

"as we type on all clandestine cigar factories" WTF does THAT mean?
what "opperations"? To use a few you your :sign: words: A Government "opperation", a "gerrilla opperation", a Habanaos SA "opperation" or WHAT?
"they really clean out." Clean out WHAT, the thieves like your "brod", the rollers who produce the fakes, the workers who steal the fakes, WHAT? Or do you mean they "really clean out" the sewers and the toilets?

Get real, do you really think any so-called "opperation" :sign: will "definitelly" :sign: decrease "counterfits" :sign: ???

My guess is there are thousands of people out there putting bands on fake cigars all the time and any "opperation" will have no effect.

Do yourself and us all a favor and get yourself a dictionary, it will make you look a lot less foolish. ;)

Wow I hadn't realized how much action I've brought to this forum. Check the topics related to me, hundreds of replies, thousands of views... cool :thumbs:

ricmac25 said:
Cohibin said:
The only way you will overthrow Fidel is with a full blown invasion like in Iraq, PERIOD anything short of that (like the embargo and the new restrictions in sanctions, radio/TV Marty)
Being the EXPERT on Cuba, can I ask you a question?

How the F#$% did you spell Jose Marti's last name wrong?

Or is it that "I just don't know the reality" of how to spell his name?
NO YOU DON'T. You misspelled it Einstein. It's José Martí with accentuation marks on the last vowel of the first and last name since it's an aguda word. :0

You are absolutely priceless.

Not knowing how to put an accent is the same as using an entirely different
F#%$ing letter. You're absolutely right. (Look up Sarcasm when you get a chance.)

I also appreciate the fact that you are the ONLY person that could possibly have an idea of what it's like to be in Cuba. How many people have left Cuba? You don't think it's possible that a person born of Cuban parents living in Miami could have encountered people that actually lived in Cuba :0 . How amazing! You must be the world's only expert on life in Cuba.

Maybe you should write a book? :lookup:

Cohibin said:
Wow I hadn't realized how much action I've brought to this forum. Check the topics related to me, hundreds of replies, thousands of views... cool :thumbs:
Now that you mentioned it, get a friggin' life and make some contributions to some other threads instead of just talking about yourself you self-centered, obviously attention needy person.

-or-

shoe fly

edited for spelling

vewyphishy said:
coventrycat86 said:

assasination

How can you forget...

Well, since you want to be a prick about grammar and typos made in the run as I try to deffend myself from 15 different members attacking me, you should start by cleaning up your own posts.

1-Got news for you, argumentation IS a real word and it is used to express exactly what I ment. So add that one to your word 95 outdated thesaurus, or upgrade soon before you keep making an "a$$" of yourself after running people's posts in your pathetic software.

2-From coventrycat86's post:
"It certainlly appears to me that Cohibin's Cohibas are NOT Cohibas."

Let's see... OH!!!, you meant certainly with one L. :lookup: That other L must've been the one for LOOSER that fell off your forhead while being a prick. :sign:

4-From coventrycat86's post:
"Uh, NO, I don't "got" the idea. It's not the typos I'm wondering about in your "crackdown" post, your jibberish doesn't make any sense:"

Jibberish???? Is that a mew Hebrew word for idiot, or did you mean to say Gibberish...

3-From Viewy's post:
"...I'll give you this much, you're far more persistant than most of the other trolls that come through here, but fear not... you are still no better than they are... and neither are the sticks you're trying to peddle as "legit."

Hmm, its PERSISTENT, not persistant you dumby... oh wait, you meant a persistent ant (peristant) like yourself. My bad! :sign:

"It's hopeless... this thread had little substance to begin with, and now, its just a festering cold sore on everyone's ass."

Whatever little substance, and the festering stench in this post comes from the posts of members like you two who post with the intent to ridicule and deviate the main topic off its course, so do yourlseves a favor and do not post here unless you have something relevant to say about my cigars, and since I didn't send you any to smoke, there is NOTHING relevant you can post here about them other than your ignorant opinion, so take the short road home.

Cohibin said:
Well, since you want to be a prick about grammar and typos made in the run as I try to deffend myself from 15 different members attacking me, you should start by cleaning up your own posts.
don't you mean defend? :angry:

ricmac25 said:
I also appreciate the fact that you are the ONLY person that could possibly have an idea of what it's like to be in Cuba. How many people have left Cuba? You don't think it's possible that a person born of Cuban parents living in Miami could have encountered people that actually lived in Cuba :0 . How amazing! You must be the world's only expert on life in Cuba.

Maybe you should write a book? :lookup:
Listen "kid" (judging by your frequent use of the work f__k) I'm obviously not the only Cuban who has left Cuba, nor did I at any point insinuated that, but apparently I'm the only one who lived there that posts here, so NO, you can't know the pure reality of life there as a Cuban unless you lived there as one. I was just trying to let some people here know something from the island that they probalby didn't know.
Sorry, but maybe YOU should read some books and mature your posts a little bit. It'll do you good.

Fast4Dr said:
Cohibin said:
don't you mean defend? :angry:
You got it!

loser or looser?
mew Hebrew
What the hell does that mean?
You still did not explain the gibberish in your crackdown post.
argumentation IS a real word
Oh its a word but I'm not quite sure you know how to use it properly.
not persistant you dumby
Now this is a cohibin classic, he corrects a CP member's misspelling with yet ANOTHER misspelling it's "dummy" not "dumby" you fool.
Cohibin, your constant resorting to name calling proves your ignorance and lack of respect towards others. Just a word to the wise, you're treading on thin ice here.

Horse said:
Cohibin said:
Wow I hadn't realized how much action I've brought to this forum. Check the topics related to me, hundreds of replies, thousands of views... cool  :thumbs:
Now that you mentioned it, get a friggin' life and make some contributions to some other threads instead of just talking about yourself you self-centered, obviously attention needy person.

-or-

shoe fly

edited for spelling
Actually the attention was given to me for free. I never asked for it nor expected it. In a way it's like a bad smoke people can't put down :p

Hey look at the bright side, members here have gotten an extensive course on "how to spot a fake cigar" and "how to spot and bash a troll even when you DON'T see one" etc etc. ;)

I'm probably the only member here who has been so well know by all at such a short time after posting for the first time!!

One thing I never understood was, how come since my smokes are so "obviously" fake, why the controversy goes on and on and people keep talking? Does this happen all the time a newby comes by with presumed ISOMs? I would assume if something is so obviously a fake, then the "self-policing" thing should die down because of the obvious fake-like qualities wouldn't it... :lookup:

Rest assured, as soon as I'm done with this post, I'll contribute whatever I can to other threads.

(didn't know shoe flies were attention needy, guess we learn something new every day don't we :0 )

Status
Not open for further replies.