• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohibin's Cohiba

Status
Not open for further replies.
PuroBrat said:
The discussion currently being had in this thread is informative and interesting to some, if you don't happen to be one of them, don't read it. I would not presume to declair a thread should be dead, if my fellow members are still having a conversation in it. I ain't quite high enough in the Food Chain to assume so much power. ???

PuroBrat said:
The discussion currently being had in this thread is informative and interesting to some, if you don't happen to be one of them, don't read it. I would not presume to declair a thread should be dead, if my fellow members are still having a conversation in it. I ain't quite high enough in the Food Chain to assume so much power. ???
This topic is no longer ON topic anymore... in fact, it's drifting towards politics and policy. A definite no-no, educational or not.

Where's a mod to shut this down when you need one. ???

Again I say, if you are not enjoying the thread, then by all means avoid the thread. But to say the thread should not still be going and your fellow members should not still be communicating in it, borders on silly. We are having a discussion about the way that the citizens of Cuba are treated. Do you find that so offensive that you feel the need to try to shut down the conversation? Isn't that type of attitude exactly what the First Ammended was designed to stop?

I am sorry, but you are just wrong to keep coming in to this thread trying to say it should not be open. If that is where we are headed than I am afraid I may just have to stick with the real world where noses would be flattened if you walked into a group of people having a discussion and told them they should shut up.

It seems to me that Cohibin has changed his story on his "Cohibas" many times since he started making trouble here and has been generally nasty and insulting to quite a few CP members.

Putting "Cohiba" bands on cigars and trying to claim they are "real" and selling them on Yahoo speaks for itself. Who knows what the real story is because he's changed it so many times.

It certainlly appears to me that Cohibin's Cohibas are NOT Cohibas.

Stealing is wrong no matter how you try to rationalize it.

This is a free country an Cohibin is free to treat anyone any way he wants so long as he doesn't break any laws.

At this point, I find his general attitude and nastiness does not appeal to me. For his own good, I hope he reviews how he handles himself and deals with people and modifies his behavior so it is not so offensive.

PuroBrat said:
Again I say, if you are not enjoying the thread, then by all means avoid the thread. But to say the thread should not still be going and your fellow members should not still be communicating in it, borders on silly. We are having a discussion about the way that the citizens of Cuba are treated. Do you find that so offensive that you feel the need to try to shut down the conversation? Isn't that type of attitude exactly what the First Ammended was designed to stop?

I am sorry, but you are just wrong to keep coming in to this thread trying to say it should not be open. If that is where we are headed than I am afraid I may just have to stick with the real world where noses would be flattened if you walked into a group of people having a discussion and told them they should shut up.
With all due respect PB, this is the "Watcha been smokin' lately?" forum... and the topic is "cohibin's cohiba." I don't believe "Cuban history and politics" fits the description.

I'm all for an open discussion about politics or whatever floats your boat, but abiding by the rules of the board, these discussions should take place in the appropriate forum.

This is me, snapping to attention, taping heels together, raising right arm straight out at a 45 degree angle and saying so that all can hear....Hiel Phishy

It is so nice that I have friends in such high places as to inform me that I am talking about the wrong thing in the wrong forum.

Now this is me again, shooting you the Bird my friend and saying, Lighten up

There a law of netiquette which states...

If any flame war goes on long enough, one side will compare the other side to the Nazis.

There is a corallary to this law which says...
The side that makes the comparison is generally accepted to have lost.

:lookup:

bite me! :p

When you tell people that since you don't like their subject, they must shut up, you have to expect to be compared to the Natzi regeme. Afterall, that is who you begin to like like at that point.

I think this has turned into a debate over who has a right to talk, and I submit that I do, you do, Phishy does...we all do, but NONE of us have the right to tell the other that he no longer has a right to talk. Period. But this discussion too is a ways off topic, so I will start a thread in the Lobby that deals with the First ammendment rights, starting with a quote from said ammendment, then see if you or anyone else can blow any sizable holes in it.

PuroBrat said:
But this discussion too is a ways off topic, so I will start a thread in the Lobby that deals with the First ammendment rights, starting with a quote from said ammendment, then see if you or anyone else can blow any sizable holes in it.
At least it'll be in the right forum for a change... :p

:sign:

Well, I can see a lot has transpired since I last posted. I for one just came back from Randall's Island w/ my gf after enjoying a fantastic performance by Cirque du Soleil so I'm feeling relaxed.
That being said, there are too many posts here for me to battle and only one of me, so I'll igonre all of that and stick to the original topic.
I would like, if still willing to, for Tony B and Matt to smoke the remaining of the cigars at their best convenience and post their comments here for more speculation and stimulating argumentation.

PuroBrat said:

Michael, it is well known that politics here at the board is a no-no. Granted there are small topics about politics. But the few we have had lately are very short and to the point. THis has gone past short and to the point. Yes, everyone has the right to free speech. But this isn't a free board. It is a moderated board. Not only does this go against one of the policies here, it has gone of the main topic. So asking to lock up the thread isn't against the way things are done around here. The topic has been allowed to run its course. And if it miraculously gets back on topic before the mods get this far, it may stay open.

Emo

ricmac25 said:
gawntrail said:
But, until CUBANS are willing to die for their OWN freedom, the current situation will continue.
My parents are Cuban and left Cuba sometime in the early sixties. I was born here so to the "Americans" I'm a Cuban. If I went to Cuba, I'd be a Yankee. You see my dilemma. One thing I've never understood is the Cuban people who left, bitching and moaing about everything in Cuba. I'm sorry if I'm about to piss people off, but this is Memorial Day weekend. A weekend in which we honor those who died fighting for the freedoms we have today. These freedoms did not come cheap. I agree 100% with Gawntrail.

As Matt said:
But, your brother stealing cigars and then your selling them in the US is not having an impact on the revolution, unless of course you are returning the profits to an entity that plans to overthrow the "revolution". My guess the money is going into your pocket. Turning this into a political discussion is pointless.

If you tell me that you are donating your profits to some Free Cuba fund, then ok, I'll give you the Robin Hood act. But if you are th one profiting from this, how is this helping the Cuban people again? Leave the politics out of it.

And just for the record, I have a Grandmother in Cuba. Aunts, Uncles and Cousins. I know the **** they go through because my parents have vistied them each of the past couple of years. To be honest, My parents don't give a rats ass if going over there to see their family helps keep Castro in power. At some point Family is more important than Principle. If my parent's family is better off after the visit, then they don't give a F@#$ about anything else.
Sorry but I can't let all this missinformation go unclarified. ???

Of course you couldn't understand the people "bitching and moaing". You are american born, not cuban. You don't know the first thing about the reality of the island nor the history. Cubans didn't intend nor needed to migrate to any country until Fidel came around and turned the island into a communist hell. Cuba was the most developed country in Central and South America. The Cuban peso was worth more than the US dollar before the revolution, that's how strong the economy was. New-year car models were first rolled out there than in the states. My grandmother's syster used to fly to Florida during the weekends just to go shopping here.
There is no BIGGER waste of money and resources than to put ANY money in some fund here. The only way you will overthrow Fidel is with a full blown invasion like in Iraq, PERIOD anything short of that (like the embargo and the new restrictions in sanctions, radio/TV Marty) is a political statement made to please someone's political agenda, but NEVER ment to really change anything, and all it does is punish further the people of Cuba, not Castro. Any money spent here is money tidiculously wasted.
And for those who said something of the likes that cuban people never rised for their freedom!? WTF?? Read the history books first. We fought two revolutions, one using machetes and horses against bullets and canons, many thousands of Cubans have died in vain twice. You can only ask so many times of a country to take up arms, give the life of its youth and start a war. Fidel knows how he made the revolution happen (he invented and exported gerrilla warfare in case you didn't know) so he knows very well how to block one and he is EXTREMELY effective at this. IT IS VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR ANYBODY IN CUBA OTHER THAN THE MILITARY TO HAVE A FIREARM IN CUBA PERIOD! On the other hand, the USA enfores a vigorous policy to dismantle and destroy any military cell in US territory which trains in arms with the sole purpouse of killing Castro. THAT'S ANOTHER DIRTY SECRET I bet you didn't know. After the Bay of Pigs, and the assasination of Kennedy, it has been the US policy to oppose and NOT to fund or allow ANY military actions against Castro.
I tell you another thing, I wasn't born here, but I'm now a proud naturalized US citizen, yet I will defend this country with my teeth if necessary, HAVE NO DOUBT even against Cuba itself if it became a threat, because USA opened it's doors to me, a frigging immigrant, and offered me the opportunities my own country denied me.
I don't care how you or anybody tries to obscure this fact. ALL cigars I take from Fidel are cigars of which profits will NOT go to HIS pocket. THAT AFFECTS FIDEL RIGHT WHERE IT HURTS. The profits will go to MY pocket you can bet on that, and also to the people taking them out IN CUBA who will use that money to put food on their tables and cloth on their kids. Something far more effective than donating to some make-belief useless fund.

You guys should know, there is a MAJOR crackdown going on in the island as we type on all clandestine cigar factories. Believe me, when they roll one of them "opperations" there, they are very well planned out and they really clean out. You should definitelly see a decrease in counterfits shortly.

Cohibin said:
Sorry but I can't let all this missinformation go unclarified. ???
What part of my story is misinformation? I stated an opinion, then I stated a FACT that I have family over there. That is not MISINFORMATION.

Of course you couldn't understand the people "bitching and moaing". You are american born, not cuban. You don't know the first thing about the reality of the island nor the history.

Contrary to your belief, I don't have to have lived there to know some of the **** that goes on there. I'm sorry if you find it hard to believe that someone here may actually have family over there and have a little clue as to what kind of hardships they go through. As for me not knowing the first thing about the reality of the island, I take EXTREME OFFENSE to that considering I just fricken told you my Grandmother was there. Not my cousin's, neighbor's uncle's friend, but MY FATHER'S MOTHER. MY FAMILY!

If my opinion is that the Cubans need to have yet another Revolution, it is exactly that, MY OPINION. Which by the way, I'm entitled to; just like you are entitled to yours. But don't sit there and lecture me about "How I don't know what its like" because I'm American born and never lived there.

I see that you chose not to respond to Matt and then my question about profiting in this whole mess.

Cohibin said:
The only way you will overthrow Fidel is with a full blown invasion like in Iraq, PERIOD anything short of that (like the embargo and the new restrictions in sanctions, radio/TV Marty)
Being the EXPERT on Cuba, can I ask you a question?

How the F#$% did you spell Jose Marti's last name wrong?

Or is it that "I just don't know the reality" of how to spell his name?

How the F#$% did you spell Jose Marti's last name wrong?

He spells a lot of things wrong, it's kind of pathetic:
Sorry but I can't let all this missinformation go unclarified.
Missinformation, is that kinda like Miss Congeniality? :p
"opperations"
ppppppppppppppppppp :p
tidiculously
Now he's making up words :p
Rules, norm, tenet, law or a Big friggin' gun that shoots caNNon balls :p
gerrilla warfare
guerrilla or gorilla, keep those monkies away from me Cohibin :p

Here are a few more for your enjoyment:

assasination
Ya missed a the second "s" you a$$ :p
use that money to put food on their tables and cloth on their kids.
I've got a spare table cloth if you need it :p
so I'll igonre all of that and stick to the original topic.
igonre, now THAT'S a good one!! :p
for more speculation and stimulating argumentation.
argumentation? LMAO :p
Sorry if I got too passioante.
pro or ante? LMAO :sign:

And that was only reviewing his lasts six posts :sign: You ought to see the other 98 :0
I gotta say he's an endless source of entertainment with the way he completely butchers the King's English :D

Ceep pooostin' Cohibin ;)

Oh and Rod, please DO NOT EVER consider installing a spell checker, it would take the fun away ;)

You guys should know, there is a MAJOR crackdown going on in the island as we type on all clandestine cigar factories. Believe me, when they roll one of them "opperations" there, they are very well planned out and they really clean out. You should definitelly see a decrease in counterfits shortly.

:lookup:

Okay, okay maybe a had a few too many cocktails or acid hits tonight :p

Can anyone translate that nonsense for me ???

Status
Not open for further replies.