• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohibin's Cohiba

Status
Not open for further replies.
vewyphishy said:
Cohibin said:
Anybody got Hoyos bands to spare?   :(
WTF? ???

I can't really think of a better reaction to that statement. You come up with a (weak) story about how you acquired these "Cohibas." Then under fire, you retract saying they may not be Cohibas after all but rather just cigars with the Cohiba band. After a couple of them have been fired up, the reviews clearly indicate they are not Cohibas. Now, you have the audacity to try and reband these with another EL band? At what point did any of this make sense?

I'm guessing I shouldn't even bother with the ethics behind this. Why not do yourself a favor and just leave these unidentifiable cigars unbanded? You might be able to salvage what's left of your credibility.
Look whatever you make of my story is your opinion and nothing else. I'm trying to make sense of it all as we go along too in case you haven't noticed yet. I guess what confuses you and why you can't make sense of it all is because I'm telling the truth and you keep thinking I'm some dude trying to rip someone off. I can't care less of what's left of my credibility on anybody's eyes whose already made up his mind. They are my cigars and I have a right to find out the truth about them as anybody else here has done when faced with authenticity questions. I haven't seen you say to a member asking for verification "look just leave you "suspicious" cigar along bla bla bla".
TWO reputable members have smoked the cigars and attest they are not fake dominicans, or whatever you might've assumed before, but indeed, legit LE Habanos smokes, clearly not the Cohiba blend, but other blend which, by reason of unfortunate events and lack of knowledge happened to be missidentified and thus the confusion and dilema. If I had know from the get go these were Hoyos, TRUST ME, I would've described them as such and save myself the BS.
Just answer me one thing, you still think these are fakes?

Cohibin said:
TWO reputable members have smoked the cigars and attest they are not fake dominicans, or whatever you might've assumed before, but indeed, legit LE Habanos smokes...
I need to clarify on something here:

I did not at any point state that the cigar I smoked was an EL in my review, nor do I think that it is was an EL.

Cohibin, I (along w/ others here) truly think that it's in your best interest to not try to reband these cigars. Again, saying that they're hand-rolled Cubans would be honest. Trying to advertise them as EL or Cohibas or a combination of the two just doesn't seem right.

Matt R, the piramide you are going to pull out, is it an 01 or an 03?

If you put a random band on them, yes, they are fakes.

newbie John here with a quick question...What is an EL? I am assuming it has something to do with ISOM's only? :lookup:
Thanks, JV

Habanos S.A. presents the long-awaited Edición Limitada 2003. Received year after year with great acceptance, the Limited Edition distinguishes itself for the inclusion of sizes which are not part of the usual range of the brand, and is characterized by a special manufacture. The careful selection of a two-year aged wrapper from the upper level of the plant grants it a darker color and turns this product into something unique.

The 2003 Limited Edition is made up by a selection of the most prestigious Habanos brands: Cohiba, Montecristo, Romeo y Julieta, Partagás and Hoyo de Monterrey, all carrying a second band that identifies them.

Because of its very special features, the Edición Limitada 2003 is manufactured in small quantities, which makes it a particularly appreciated pleasure for the most demanding smokers.

elimitada20031.jpg

Well La Tee Fricken Dah! J/K
Thanks for the info, I learn something new here every day! Call it Cigar appreciation 101, by the finest teachers in the land.

Now at least I have a better clue as to what all the hubbub is about! (they're SPECIAL Cubans) I guess the regular Habano's will be jealous!
:D
(Sarcasm added to make up for weak knowledge of subject matter, no disrespect to anyone intended!) :p
JV

Tony Bones said:
Cohibin said:
TWO reputable members have smoked the cigars and attest they are not fake dominicans, or whatever you might've assumed before, but indeed, legit LE Habanos smokes...
I need to clarify on something here:

I did not at any point state that the cigar I smoked was an EL in my review, nor do I think that it is was an EL.

Cohibin, I (along w/ others here) truly think that it's in your best interest to not try to reband these cigars. Again, saying that they're hand-rolled Cubans would be honest. Trying to advertise them as EL or Cohibas or a combination of the two just doesn't seem right.

Matt R, the piramide you are going to pull out, is it an 01 or an 03?
You are right, you didn't. Matt did. You haven't smoked the maduro p yet so you couldn't comment on those.
I don't know if I'll reband them or not. I just thing leaving them unbanded is not fair either, doesn't do them justice.
Please once all the other cigars are smoked let me know of your findings. This is very helpfull to me.

Cohibin said:
Look whatever you make of my story is your opinion and nothing else. I'm trying to make sense of it all as we go along too in case you haven't noticed yet. I guess what confuses you and why you can't make sense of it all is because I'm telling the truth and you keep thinking I'm some dude trying to rip someone off. I can't care less of what's left of my credibility on anybody's eyes whose already made up his mind. They are my cigars and I have a right to find out the truth about them as anybody else here has done when faced with authenticity questions. I haven't seen you say to a member asking for verification "look just leave you "suspicious" cigar along bla bla bla".
TWO reputable members have smoked the cigars and attest they are not fake dominicans, or whatever you might've assumed before, but indeed, legit LE Habanos smokes, clearly not the Cohiba blend, but other blend which, by reason of unfortunate events and lack of knowledge happened to be missidentified and thus the confusion and dilema. If I had know from the get go these were Hoyos, TRUST ME, I would've described them as such and save myself the BS.
I couldn't care less the legitimacy of these cigars. What's truly fake here... is YOU. You have no idea that these are Cohibas, or Hoyos, ELs, or anything else for that matter. Yet you continually try to change your story to fit whatever will keep your story alive for another day. If another reputable member says it tastes like a Romeo, then you'll turn around and start asking for a Romeo band. When is this bull**** going to stop?

These cigars ARE not as you have advertised. By all admissions, this means they are FAKE. I don't give a rat's ass what conclusion you've come up with or how you decide to band these cigars. You have NOT told the truth, which you have claimed, and you ARE trying to rip people off. I'll give you this much, you're far more persistant than most of the other trolls that come through here, but fear not... you are still no better than they are... and neither are the sticks you're trying to peddle as "legit."

vewyphishy said:
Cohibin said:
I couldn't care less the legitimacy of these cigars. What's truly fake here... is YOU. You have no idea that these are Cohibas, or Hoyos, ELs, or anything else for that matter. Yet you continually try to change your story to fit whatever will keep your story alive for another day. If another reputable member says it tastes like a Romeo, then you'll turn around and start asking for a Romeo band. When is this bull**** going to stop?

These cigars ARE not as you have advertised. By all admissions, this means they are FAKE. I don't give a rat's ass what conclusion you've come up with or how you decide to band these cigars. You have NOT told the truth, which you have claimed, and you ARE trying to rip people off. I'll give you this much, you're far more persistant than most of the other trolls that come through here, but fear not... you are still no better than they are... and neither are the sticks you're trying to peddle as "legit."
I will disregard whatever imbecility you write for now on being that you've chosen to take that road. I'm persistant because I AM AND HAVE BEEN tellling the truth and besides, I HAVE NEVER asked for YOUR opinion, DON'T care for it, DON'T need it NOT INTERESTED on your humble approval or cash, SO, save all that BS for someone who gives a crap about what you have to say. You sound so bitter, you got burt really good or something, boy I can tell someone must've taken you for a ride $$$omewhere, in a way I fell sorry for you.
By now I know who the respectfull and honest members are here, you, you can go joint the rest for all I god damn care. OH, and your mother is the troll ok!?

Cohibin said:
I will disregard whatever imbecility you write for now on being that you've chosen to take that road. I'm persistant because I AM AND HAVE BEEN tellling the truth and besides, I HAVE NEVER asked for YOUR opinion, DON'T care for it, DON'T need it NOT INTERESTED on your humble approval or cash, SO, save all that BS for someone who gives a crap about what you have to say.
By now I know who the respectfull and honest members are here, you, you can go joint the rest for all I god damn care. OH, and your mother is the troll ok!?
The last comment speaks volumes about the kind of person you are. I don't need to say anymore... you've done more to damage yourself than anyone could ever do for you.

In case your stupidity has blinded you, this is an open forum where we are all free to post our opinions. You don't like what you read? Too bad. I have a tissue for you to wipe away your whiny tears if you want.

You can talk all you want about respect. Respect is something you earn... and you haven't done anything but lie and deceive and backtrack. You deserve no respect, nor will you get any... at least not from me.

I'm through wasting my time with you. Enjoy your stay.

(There, have a taste of your own medicine) Anybody has something smart and worth reading wake me up. Txs.

Cohibin said:
TWO reputable members have smoked the cigars and attest they are not fake dominicans, or whatever you might've assumed before, but indeed, legit LE Habanos smokes, clearly not the Cohiba blend, but other blend which, by reason of unfortunate events and lack of knowledge happened to be missidentified and thus the confusion and dilema.
...but why are there Cohiba bands on them if they are not Cohiba-blended cigars? I just don't get it, there's deception somewhere along the way here.

Cohibin said:

You are right, you didn't. Matt did. You haven't smoked the maduro p yet so you couldn't comment on those.
I don't know if I'll reband them or not. I just thing leaving them unbanded is not fair either, doesn't do them justice.
Please once all the other cigars are smoked let me know of your findings. This is very helpfull to me.
Was I not the second reputable member from this board? If not, who was the other besides Matt R?

Matt R said:
Bottom line is that the cigars are not "official" production and should not be labeled as such. I have had many, many custom rolled Havanas and believe it or not there are "official" custom rolled Havanas. Unless they are verified by Habanos SA though, they are not official and should not be banded as such. The LCDHs sell special rolled cigars in most all of their shops. They are usually noted with what blend they are (Partagas, Punch, etc. etc.), but, they are usually not banded with the marquees bands. Instead they often use a La Casa Band or no band at all. A roller would not be allowed to put a marquee's band on a cigar without permission from Habanos SA. It sounds to me like these cigars were basically "stolen", though that word may be a bit too harsh. That being said, even if they were "official" cigars, removed from the factory before banding and boxing, they should not be represented as such, since there can be no true documentation to the fact.
The plot thickens...

Hi Andrew,

In October and Nov of 2003 Habanos made a production run of Cohiba Piramides and RJ Robustos - Limitadas from 2002. I confronted  Habanos  and was told they had not been made. So I brought a production manager from Habanos into the conversation. He confirmed that they indeed made the cigars, but put the wrong band 2003 instead of 2001. I have seen some cigars that had the outside band 2003, but the inside the cigars had 2001 ring. I have also seen them with both inside and outside bands of 2003.

The last few boxes I have sold ( that were purchased in Havana) were in fact the 2003 production cigars. So they are real. I have still a few boxes from the original 2002 run with 2001 rings, but the wrappers are not very dark.

Hope that helps.

Warmest wishes.

Mitchell
C.Gars Ltd
& Turmeaus tobacconist est 1817
www.cgarsltd.co.uk
www.humidorsonline.co.uk
www.agedcubans.com

moki said:
Cohibin said:
TWO reputable members have smoked the cigars and attest they are not fake dominicans, or whatever you might've assumed before, but indeed, legit LE Habanos smokes, clearly not the Cohiba blend, but other blend which, by reason of unfortunate events and lack of knowledge happened to be missidentified and thus the confusion and dilema.
...but why are there Cohiba bands on them if they are not Cohiba-blended cigars? I just don't get it, there's deception somewhere along the way here.
Absolutely and I apologized for that already since I realized the identity was mistaken. To clarify this I sent my smokes to reputable members that know the Cohiba blend. I took the auction of the p's off because of this. I have no issues with taken the Cohiba bands off, but I've always known the cigars are legit LEs Habanos and I think it's fare I find out what they are and band them properly. I'm actually working on my own bands for the oddities, but I would like to wait for Tony B. to smoke them and read his review on those. Despite they are not ment to be smoked, I still would like to know the review of an experienced smoker.

Tony Bones said:
Cohibin said:

Was I not the second reputable member from this board? If not, who was the other besides Matt R?
Tony, I was clarifying that you were right, you didn't say that. The only member was Matt. Txs

Tony Bones said:
The flavor profile and smell were very similar to what I've experienced in many mild Cuban smokes.
Mike, just for clarification purpouses, what did you mean by this statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.