• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

College Football 2003

ALostTexan

The Travelin' Cigar Man
Reaction score
Well, what are people's thoughts on NCAA Football this year. Here in Columbus, I think everyone was extremely happy with the performance of our OSU Buckeyes last night. Great win over #17, but then again, it was only the first game of a long season.

Let me know your thoughts on the Buckeyes and football in general, and if you have any ideas for a few side bets, throw them my way.

ALostTexan

Thought they looked good. But then again the number one team playing the 19th. ;) As long as its them or ND :thumbs:

of course what sucks is that TCU will more than likely
go undefeated this year(i know, i know "against who?"
but regardless) and have absolutely 0 chance of competing
for the national championship. they need playoffs, the BCS
is a joke! but nobody's laughing.

btw, OSU looked tight, no matter who they were playing. and
even w/out maurice clarrett!

todd

I can sum this up in one word

WOLVERINES!!
michigan_100.gif

Big Ten champs! National champs! Heisman trophy QB!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

ParaGod said:
Well all I would like to say is.
Warriorslogo_small.jpg
Lets go Warriors!!!!!!!!!!
Very well said indeed Bruddah PG!!! We gave the Mountaineers a butt-whooping last night with our 2nd string QB in the season opener! The real test will be in two weeks.... Hawaii vs USC at SoCal! GO WARRIORS!

Aloha,

Wade

FatherTiresius said:
Ohio State? Didn't realize you guys had a team.
Check the BCS standings later in the year for more complete coverage of the Ohio State Buckeyes. Also, if you want to see them play, the Sugar Bowl is somewhat close to your neighborhood, and perhaps you can see them live.

ALostTexan

Buckeye defense looked great....

Offensive line looked great....

Krenzel is strong at QB...knows what to do (and what not to do) back there....

Still need to get the running game clicking....

Should be better than last years team by a far cry with the improved O-line. Washington with Pickett will compete for Pack 10 championship....

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I think our running game will improve, honestly. I think that M.Hall did a pretty good job, although Lydell still isn't impressing me that much. I think that they will get the job done together, though, while Clarett is out for his X-number of games.

Speaking of Clarett, most people here in Central Ohio really are sick of hearing his name. I am sure you know this, Kurt. I really can't stand him, either, although he does add a completely different aspect to our offense. He makes the defense think totally differently, and I feel that he completely psychs out every defense that he plays against. Look at Miami last year. Damn fine defense, although they were different when he was in the game.

I think that we will come around just fine this year.

ALostTexan

Free Clarett!!!!!

ALostTexan said:
Check the BCS standings later in the year for more complete coverage of the Ohio State Buckeyes. Also, if you want to see them play, the Sugar Bowl is somewhat close to your neighborhood, and perhaps you can see them live.
LSU vs. OSU....should be an interesting matchup. But sadly New Orleans is far, far away and I doubt I'll be in attendance.

Sorry, didn't see OSU, but the should do very well, almost always do.

I watched Florida State put the smack down on the Tar Heels that night. (We had a north Floridian move to the area, my brothers girlfriend.) I'm tellin ya, the Seminols look a lot better this year. They should be back in the running again this year. NC was small and young, but Blix looks like he has his stuff togeather at QB. I hate those guys but I'm going to try and root for them as long as there not playing Big 12 teams for the sake of family harmony. :D

My Cats look good so far. Easy game this week, and did well last week. I wished they had looked a little more dominating over Cal., but thats the good thing about starting the season against pud non-conference teams. Time to work on the details before the big games. I hope they can run the table and be a contender. Thats always tough though in a conference with so many great teams like the Big 12 has. We'll see though.

The Cats are my team, but I don't hate Nebraska like some do. I'm looking forward to seeing if the Blackshirts can come back. I love the tradition of the blackshirts and its a shame to see them fall so badly last year. Thats always the cool thing about a new year though. Nebraska's offense has always been simple and based on the good D the blackshirts provide, so if they get it togeather they should have a much better season then last year, except for when they play the Purple Power of course. :D :D

I always like seeing how many Big 12 teams are in the Top 10, and Top 25. The Texas teams from when the Big 8 changed to 12 have really added to the totals. Texas, and Texas A&m should really do well again this year, and OU always does great.

Anyway.... ummm..... What was I saying....... Oh yea..........

GO CATS !!!

Hawaii vs USC at SoCal! GO WARRIORS!
Yes may the WARRIORS destroy the hated trojans. I'm just hoping my UTES have a winning season and a shot at the Mountain West title.

tcu-top-logo2.gif

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

TCU 38
Tulane 35

what a game!!! GO FROGS!!

GO GATORS !!

My alma mater! I think we'll have a better season that last year...I hope anyway :) It's been hard for us Gators to go from a perennial powerhouse (top 10 if not top 5 for the past twelve years) to an unranked team :( It seems like a lot of the other perennial top 10s have been having trouble the past few seasons too. Hopefully this will be a short period of adjustment to the new coaching staff.

For any Miami fans out there I hope the former Gator bench warmer that you're using for a starting quarterback works out for you! HA HA See you Sept. 6th :angry:

Being a Gators fan I love the fact that OSU beat the 'Canes last year. Of course my friends from Michigan are still kicking the dirt over that one, "ANYBODY BUT THE BUCKEYES" is their battle cry, kinda like FSU/Miami/UF brotherhood among those fans, right?

I'm also a Penn State fan as well, JoePa's the MAN! My alma mater (UCONN) thinks they're going big-time now that they think they've conquered the world of College Basketball so we're in the process of jumping from 1-AA to 1-A.

And, of course everyone here in Conn. is feeling real good winning our first game against a Big Ten team in our new stadium which is located 45 minutes OFF campus.

Oh, I forgot to mention the Big Ten team we beat was Indiana. I can hear ALostTexan laughing so hard he needs oxygen.

Check back with me at the end of the season and I'll let you know just how far under .500 we wind up.

Go Gators, Go Nittany Lions!!

Go Sun Devils!!! We are going to be top 10 before the year is over baby!