• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Concerts : Your first, your last, your favorite and the one you wished you had seen?

First: Aerosmith
Best: This is a hard one, but probably U2 the year after 9/11. Honorable mention to Portishead.
Most: Thievery Corporation
Worst: Suede
Missed: The Smiths
Best Festival: Music Midtown in the '90s. Lilith Fair, Lolapalooza.

1992 Travis Tritt and Marty Stuart; No Hats Tour in MurfreesboroTennessee. Myself and a few buddies went and watched them as our Senior Trip. I've seen Travis in concert 7 times now through the years and planning to again this summer.

Last December my wife and I met some friends down in Georgia and watched Dailey & Vincent's inaugural Christmas Festival.

I cannot give actual years. I mean I could if I looked hard enough.

First - Def Leppard at Pine Knob (before we got to call it DTE)

Last - Sammy Hagar at Pine Knob (after they changed the name back from DTE..this was just last year)

Favorite - Sammy Hagar Birthday Bash in Cabo San Lucas at Cabo Wabo. This was more of a bucket list thing for my wife and it did not disappoint.

I can’t think of one that I’m mad I missed. I can think of a couple I wish I never went to lol.

We went to the Cabo Birthday Bash in '99. It was so crowded I could barely raise my beer to take a drink and we weren't even close to the stage. The concert was fine, just needed a 4X bigger venue for the crowd.

Speaking of memorable concerts...

Way back when, I took Rolling Stone. One of the concert reviews they had was Junior Brown, said it was an amazing show - gushed about it. So one day I see where Junior Brown was going to be playing a bar here in Pampa. At that time, Pampa was maybe 20K population and I hadn't heard of Junior Brown other than the RS review. So I called my ol' buddy 9 Fingers the Butcher and told him we were going to see Junior Brown. "Who's Junior Brown?"

This was a weeknight and there was maybe 15 people at the bar when we got there, a few more trickled in by the time the band started playing. A few people were out on the dance floor at first, then Junior Brown started getting down. The dancing stopped and everybody gathered at the front of the stage, amazed. They played like it was for a packed house at Madison Square Garden, every song evolving into an extended jam. At one point his GuitSteel broke and instead of calling it a night, he went to the bus and broke out a backup and kept playing.

There were maybe 50 people there by the end of the show, but they played like it was the most important show ever. I wasn't even a fan of country - not sure Junior Brown is strictly country, he had a lot of "surf rock" inspired jams going on, but this show has always stuck with me. They even stuck around after to sell/sign merch.

A couple of years later, a buddy who had heard the story of this show called and said Junior Brown was playing at a much larger club in Amarillo, so we pack up and go. This time they just played right through the set and that was it. None of the magic displayed in the little bar in Pampa before.

Last edited:
Lemme qualify my response by saying that I was in front of the B&W TV back in Feb. 64 viewing The Ed Sullivan Show when Beatles swept the rug under everyone's feet, so it comes as no surprise that I've seen plenty of McCartney and Ringo shows, first of which was in Dallas circa 1990, and they still hold a dear place in my heart especially since I've seen them both at different times with my daughters. I saw Queen in 1981; Silver Convention in 1977 when courting a girl (I did get lucky later that night); Rod Stewart in 1989 as reporter for a newspaper; Rolling Stones in 1997 in Oakland. And there's been a few more but can't really remember

First: Beach Boys in Washington DC as a 12 year old in 1980. Was a Fourth of July concert. Saw my first titties and bush there, along with a lot of people smoking marijuana. Plenty of men and women just urinating right there on the mall lawn. Remember how uncomfortable my mom was with her kids witnessing everything. Dad just rolled with it.

Worst: Some of the Country Music fest I went to with the likes of Dixie Chicks, Sammy Kershaw, Travis Tritt, and a young LeeAnn Rimes. All to please my sons mother. Never have been a fan of Country for the most part. I did like Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. I don't own any of their stuff, but the concert was good. Alan Jackson wasn't too hateful either. Shania Twain - She can still get it!

Favorite: Probably Dave Matthew's Band on about four occasions. It's just a vibe I like.

Wish: I had made every effort to go see the Foo Fighters in the line up we all know with Taylor Hawkins before he died. I'm regretting never going. Same with Prince!

Last: The Lennon Claypool Delirium - Pretty sure I suffered permanent hearing loss at that one.

Honorable Mention to: Bryan Adams, The Lumineers, Mumford & Sons, Rod Stewart, Jimmy Buffet, Journey, Foreigner, Steely Dan, Grateful Dead, and the Sammy Hagar fronted Van Halen.

First worthy of mentioning or at least the one I really remember - Guns N’ Roses with Metallica. Early 90s

Best - most memorable - nine inch nails downward spiral tour. Madison square garden was the highest place on earth regardless of if you did the substances yourself or simply got high of second hand smoke or what ever else was circulating in the air. The ushers were afraid to even tell people to put out what ever was being lit. I think the band saved money on not using smoke machines as lasers had plenty of smoke to cut through on their own

Last of the non Russian speaking performers - Depeche Mode. Really looking forward to seeing them again this summer or fall

Lived my life by the model of variety being the spice of life. So haven’t had the pleasure of seeing anyone more than 2 times or so

Wish I saw. - Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Leonard Cohen on his last tour

I haven’t posted in this thread yet with my answers, been slammed, but I will! Love this idea.

And not that you care, but just know that this day in 2020 the concert and entertainment industry changed for ever! It was a fucking nuts two days in my life, hope to never go through that again. So much was learned from the industry shutting down, changed a lot of things for the better, found ways to do things differently …. but it was hell!

Enjoy your concert memories and never take them for granted!!

Finally found a good time for this thread.

The first concert I ever went to was, Slipknot
We Are Not Your Kind World Tour
28 Januari 2020

Would have gone to more immediately but Covid f'cked that up.

Been to Igorrr, Perturbator, Health and Carpenter Brut since.

My latest one was today,
Mimi Barks + Lionstorm
17 mrt. 2023

She was absolutely great
InCollage_20230317_224032246.jpg

But the one I really would have like to have seen is Marilyn Manson - Live at Bizarre Festival 1997

Love it when the music is raw, filled with passion.
But I don't think Marilyn Manson would have been suitable for a three year old.

Thank God artists like Mimi provide a similar Vibe.