• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Contest for Newbies

cigardawg

It is that time again. Yes, time to make some changes in my humidors. Last year I had a huge sale and cleared things out. I need to make some smaller changes, but still pretty major. Instead of selling the cigars, I am going to give them away as prizes in contests, mail them out, donate them, etc. (have not completely decided yet :blush: ). Most (if not all) of the contests will be a Q&A type thing having to do with cigars, CP, and (I have expanded this a bit) scotch/bourbon.

The following rules will apply:

1. These contests are intended for newbies. I would like the post-count limit to be 100 at the time I post the contest. Also, these are intended for true newbies (both to cigars and CP). I am not giving away super-premiums, but not Thompson dog-rockets either. The cigars are in the $2 to $10 range…just things that I am not planning on keeping in my rotation anymore. Many have anywhere from 1 to 5 years of age on them as well. The whole purpose of this is to help a few newbies expand their humidor selection a bit…even if for a short time.
2. All answers to Q&A contests must be submitted via PM. NOT posted in open forum. It is too easy to copy answers and correct wrong ones that way. I will post the winning PM(s) in the contest forum at the end.
3. The first PM(s) containing all the correct answers wins. If I don’t have a PM with all the correct answers by the end of the contest, I will take the first PM with the most correct answers and so on.
4. All PMs with answers must be submitted within the time limit.

I hope this covers it. If I have missed something or it is unclear, please ask the question in open forum so everyone can get the answer to it.

The first contest will be a Q&A type with 10 questions. The above rules apply. Please PM me your answers by midnight Thursday. I will announce the winners on Friday morning. The first three (3) PMs with the correct answers will win a 10-pack of cigars.

1. Diamond Crown Maximus was introduced by the JC Newman Company in 2003. In which country is this cigar manufactured and by what factory? From which country does the wrapper come from?
2. Por Larranaga and Henry Clay were made famous (or at least mentioned) in the writings of which English poet?
3. Van Winkle bourbons are currently made in which distillery?
4. There are 3 rules for calling a bourbon a bourbon. What are they?
5. The Don Lino Africa has a four country blend in the filler. From which four countries does the tobacco come?
6. The Don Melo Centenario is currently made by which manufacturer/cigar company? Who originally made the cigar?
7. Name at least 4 discontinued Cuban cigar brands.
8. I smoked and reviewed a number of cigars following the 2005 RTDA. What was my favorite cigar from the show?
9. I have a box of cigars that has the box code OASC BM. In what month/year were they manufactured? At what factory?
10. At the 2005 RTDA, Padron introduced a new size in each of the 1964 and 1926 product lines. What were these new sizes?

OK, that’s it. PM me those answers. I hope you have fun.

I have edited question 3 to read "currently" made. Thanks, AVB.

Looks like fun! What a great selection of questions.

Good luck newcomers. :thumbs:

Wilkey

Doh! Me am my big mouth, broke 100 earlier today. Ah well I wouldn’t consider myself to be a complete newb to cigars anyhow. Nice Contest though.

Thank you,

I just turned in last final and am bored off my butt...I have already watched two Bond movies...so this will give me something to do for the next few hours (my knowledge is low to nonexistent).

Pompous Pugs said:
I have already watched two Bond movies...
[snapback]273469[/snapback]​

ive been watching those too.

how in the world did they get away with naming characters "pussy galore" back then?

marcsheldon said:
Pompous Pugs said:

how in the world did they get away with naming characters "pussy galore" back then?
[snapback]273499[/snapback]​

LMAO, what about Allota Fagina.....

I'm a self proclaimed KING of google and I can't figure out how to find 4 discontinued ISOMs! Had fun with the rest of the questions though!

FOGs/Others - PM me if you want help! I'll share. We can hope one of the other guys screwed one of the answers up!

cigardawg said:
1. These contests are intended for nobodies.

I hope this covers it. If I have missed something or it is unclear, please ask the question in open forum so everyone can get the answer to it.

The first contest will be a Q&A type with 10 questions. The above rules apply. The first three (3) with the correct answers will win a 10-pack of cigars.

OK, that’s it. I hope you have fun.

[snapback]273439[/snapback]​

Hey... I'm a Nobody..... So here goes...

1. Red Bands
2. Yes
3. 5o ring
4. CC86
5. Yo Mamma
6. Cello on
7. Bloom
8. Beads are better than foam
9. I Smoke Only Maduros
10. CC86

:sign:

Hillbilly Steaks said:
marcsheldon said:
Pompous Pugs said:

[snapback]273499[/snapback]​

LMAO, what about Allota Fagina.....
[snapback]273503[/snapback]​
Allota Fagina ....isn't that Austin Powers? But Marc, it has to be a '70's thing. Still a little Free Love in the air back then.

But this is a great contest! A lot of great questions, almost all of which I don't know the answers to. So please post the correct answers after this is done. I am curious to know. :thumbs:

GL all,
- C

I'm a newbie to the board here, but not a total newbie to cigar smoking or cigars in general. Otherwise I'd be all over this as I know most of the answers off the top of my head. Great contest, and you're a true gentleman cigardawg. Cudos!

Jason

bthompson2875 said:
I'm a self proclaimed KING of google and I can't figure out how to find 4 discontinued ISOMs! Had fun with the rest of the questions though!

FOGs/Others - PM me if you want help! I'll share. We can hope one of the other guys screwed one of the answers up!
[snapback]273515[/snapback]​

salvation lies within.... :p

cigardawg said:
The first three (3) PMs with the correct answers will win a 10-pack of cigars.

[snapback]273439[/snapback]​

PM Sent... I just saw that there are up to 3 winners! Thanks for hosting this contents. I had a blast and learned a lot - including that www.excite.com was helpful for the ISOM question!