• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Contest for sci-fi readers!

Stephen King - The Stand

Thanks for the contest and I hope your good sales continue. :)

-John

Congrats on the success of your books!

IT~ Stephen King

Thanks for the contest.

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

Steve - My daughter is off to Ohio U enrolled in the Scripps School of Journalism in the fall. Hopefully some day she will join you in the book writing business.

Thanks all for the kind words. There are some great guesses above! There are at least four books listed that are in my top ten.

For anyone who doesn't click the link's, the first book is currently free on Nook/Kindle so you can get you feet wet with the trilogy.

Steve I have a question, in B&N the first book appears twice Here and Here. One of the reviews under the second link says
I have now read this entire trilogy. The first book was awesome....and this one was better.

Those are both the same book right?? and Its book 1 right??

I am very confused

Yes, they are the same book. B&N is a little funky sometimes. Your first link above is to the $2.99 e-book version for the Nook. The second link is to the paperback version... but if you look further down the page, you'll notice a link to the free e-book version for Nook.

Currently, you should be able to find free e-book versions on both B&N and Amazon. For ease, here are the links to all three books on the B&N site:

Peace Warrior: http://www.barnesand...hawk/1100075321
Peace Army: http://www.barnesand...hawk/1106367790
Peace World: http://www.barnesand...hawk/1106699230

All three are also available in the Apple store in case anyone reads on their iPad, like I do.

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

Steve - My daughter is off to Ohio U enrolled in the Scripps School of Journalism in the fall. Hopefully some day she will join you in the book writing business.

Wow, Rob, she grew up quick! You must be awfully proud of her. :thumbs:

Being up there in Idontknow I should say something like "The Turner Diaries" but I'll cut you some slack and go with Issac Asimov - I, Robot.

Continued success with your series.

Dorsai series- Gordon R. Dickson?

Unless you're into SERIOUS sci-fi, then anything by Douglas Adams...

Oh, the Places You'll Go! Dr. Seuss

It was first published by Random House on January 22, 1990, making it his last book published before his death.

Congrats on the success!!!!

Tim

Startide Rising by David Brin.

Congrats on the trilogy.

The Stars My Destination - Alfred Bester

Didn't realize there were so many cultured people on CP.

Bio of a space tyrant, Piers Anyhony

Congrats on the publishing and thank you for the contest.

Neuromancer by William Gibson. Nicely done, Steve - !!!

That's the book whose name I could'n't remember. Just found my copy as soon as I saw this. Great book.

Very impressed to see this, Haldeman's The Forever War, and Niven's Ringworld mentioned in this thread. A literate crowd with great, great taste, indeed.

Gibson's been working his way back in time to the present from the Neuromancer trilogy and they've all been just brilliant. Pattern Recognition is still my favorite, but the latest one, Zero History, is just riveting. Nobody does milieu like Gibson.

~Boar

Its a new day here in Germany so here is my second guess.

Robert A. Heinlein - Starship Troopers

New day, new guess:

The Sheep Look Up by John Brunner. Wait . . . that's one of MY all time favorites! :laugh:

~Boar