• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CONTEST!

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
This is my 8K post contest and will end if someone completes it or when I hit 8K posts. If nobody gets the required 10 points then I'll save the prize for another contest. All or nothing, let's see how well you can Google. :laugh: :laugh: Be suree to read everything and good luck!

Impossible trivia.

1Q. At the end of the movie “Top Gun” Charlie put a quarter in the jukebox and plays “You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feelin’” What song was playing just before she did that?

2Q. Who’s PA system did Jimi Hendrix use at the 1970 Isle of Wight Festival?

3Q. Tommy Walker is better known as….?

4Q. Who is the only person nominated for an Oscar, Grammy, Golden Globe and Nobel Prize?

5Q. What is the longest Organ Recital ever played?

6Q. Who made P.O.S. beer?

7Q. What do the shows “Leave it to Beaver” and “Desperate Housewives” have in common?

8Q. What is the slowest measured speed of light?

9Q. The term “Heavy Metal” was first used in writing in a review of what group’s album? Name the group and the album,

10Q The first time sin is mentioned in the Bible, who is God talking to? (KJV)

11Q In the movies, who was prisoner number B-1560-8?

12Q On the SNL band stage, what track number is shown in their Grand Central Station stage reproduction?

13Q. Part of these counties (in the lower 48 states) can only be driven to by entering a foreign nation. What are the States and Counties? There are two.

To win you must score 10 or more points. For every correctly answered question, you get 2 points. For every incorrectly answered or not answered question, you lose 1 point..

Post your answers and I will give you a score. Do not PM or email me or you will be disqualified. I will not say which are right or wrong, ‘cause I want to make you work for this :0 .

Edit to add (KJV) on question 10.

damn i wish i wasent at work or i'd be all over this. Nice contest cc.

ahhhh shit...
my bad my bad, avb i shoulda known better. Had something else brewing in the back of my head.

1) Giorgio Moroder's Radar Radio
2) The Who. Charlie Watkins designed the sounds system used though. Not sure if you meant who owned it or who designed it.
3) Tommy the toe
4) Paul David Hewson "Bono"
5) "As Slow as Possible" by John Gage
6) Philadelphia Brewing Company
7) Wisteria Lane includes houses used numerous times throughout the years. Their names include the "Hardy Boys House", the "Leave it to Beaver House", the "Providence House", and the "Animal House".
8)
9) Sir Lord Baltimore's Kingdom Come
10) Adam, Eve and the nefarious Serpent
11)
12)
13)

Half way, your score is 5.

2) The Who. Charlie Watkins designed the sounds system used though. Not sure if you meant who owned it or who designed it.
3) Tommy the toe
7) Wisteria Lane includes houses used numerous times throughout the years. Their names include the "Hardy Boys House", the "Leave it to Beaver House", the "Providence House", and the "Animal House".
8)
11)
12)
13)

1Q. At the end of the movie “Top Gun” Charlie put a quarter in the jukebox and plays “You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feelin’” What song was playing just before she did that?

1A.?

2A. Charlie Watkins had a music shop in Balham, London, and was already known for his guitar amplifiers and the Copicat tape echo unit when he started working on festival PA systems.

3A. Tommy the Toe
Tommy Walker was "Tommy the Toe", the University of Southern California Trojan marching band's drum major who would tear off his uniform jacket, throw his baton to the ground and rush from the stands onto the field to kick conversions for the cardinal and gold. The fans adored Walker, as did the media. To one sportswriter, Walker was "The Caliph of Conversion."

4Q. Who is the only person nominated for an Oscar, Grammy, Golden Globe and Nobel Prize?

4A. Bono

5A. Paul Derrett gained an entry in the 1975 Guinness Book of Records for the longest organ recital ever given - sponsored for charity, it ran for over 80 hours and included no repeats!

7Q. What do the shows “Leave it to Beaver” and “Desperate Housewives” have in common?

7A. Wisteria Lane includes houses used numerous times throughout the years. Their names include the "Hardy Boys House", the "Leave it to Beaver House", the "Providence House", and the "Animal House".

8A. 299,792,458 m/s (about seven hundred million mph). This is usually stated more compactly 3.00 × 108 m/s. The speed of light in a vacuum is assigned the symbol c (italic) when used in an equation and c (roman) when used as a unit. The speed of light in a vacuum is a universal limit, so real objects always move slower than c. It is used frequently in particle physics and the astronomy of distant objects. The most distant observed objects are quasars; short for "quasi-stellar radio objects". They are visually similar to stars (the prefix quasi means resembling) but emit far more energy than any star possibly could. They lie at the edges of the observable universe and are rushing away from us at incredible speeds. The most distant quasars travel at nearly 0.9 c. By the way, the symbol c was chosen not because the speed of light is a universal constant (which it is) but because it is the first letter of the Latin word for swiftness -- celeritas.

9Q. The term “Heavy Metal” was first used in writing in a review of what group’s album? Name the group and the album,

9A. The first well-documented usage of the term "heavy metal" referring to a style of music, appears to be the May 1971 issue of Creem, in a review of Sir Lord Baltimore's Kingdom Come. In this review we are told that "Sir Lord Baltimore seems to have down pat most all the best heavy metal tricks in the book". Creem critics David Marsh and Lester Bangs would subsequently use the term frequently in their writings in regards to bands such as Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath.

10Q The first time sin is mentioned in the Bible, who is God talking to?

10A. In the garden of Eden God is talking to Adam and Eve after they ate of the tree of life.

11Q In the movies, who was prisoner number B-1560-8?

12Q On the SNL band stage, what track number is shown in their Grand Central Station stage reproduction?

13Q. Part of these counties (in the lower 48 states) can only be driven to by entering a foreign nation. What are the States and Counties? There are two.

13A. Minnesota, Lake of the woods

1. Here’s a shot in the dark – Great Balls of Fire
2. The Who’s
3. The Who’s Tommy
4. Bono
5. Paul Derrett...WOW over 80 hours and included no repeats in 1975
6. No Idea
7. They were both big in Australia
8. 299,792,458 meters per second, the speed of light is consistent
9. The Who / My Generation
10. Cain
11. Not a clue
12. ...#4???
13. No idea, however I am interested in the answer. :D

If I am at all close, I take it you are a Who fan :cool:

3) Tommy the toe
8) 299,792,458 meters per second
11)
12) 34
13) One is Northwest Angle State Forest in Minnesota. You need to drive into Canada (Manitoba) to get there if not traveling by boat.

Cheeze, your score is negative so I won't post it.

Apathy78, your score is also negative

Still scoring 5 DemonR6

3) Tommy the toe
11)
12) 30
13) One is Lake of the Woods county in Minnesota. You need to drive into Canada (Manitoba) to get there if not traveling by boat.

By the way, thanks for the contest. I'm having alot of fun looking for this stuff.

Your score is now 8 DemonR6

This should be the clincher....
3) Tommy the toe
11)
12) 30
13) One is Lake of the Woods county in Minnesota. You need to drive into Canada (Manitoba) to get there if not traveling by boat. The second location is Point Roberts, WA located in Whatcom county.

Impossible trivia.

Radar Radio Giorgio Moroder

Charlie Watkins.

The fictional character of The Who's rock opera "Tommy".

Bono

Entitled "organ2/ASLSP" (or "As SLow aS Possible"), the performance began on September 5, 2001 and is scheduled to last until 2639, but if the question is for "played" (past tense) then it would have to be Paul Derrett in 1975.

Philadephia Brewing Company

Both are filmed at a Universal Studios stage that uses/used the same house.

Dr. Lene V. Hau of Harvard University was able to successfully stop a beam of light without destroying the photons, giving a measured speed of light of zero.

9Q. The term “Heavy Metal” was first used in writing in a review of what group’s album? Name the group and the album.

Reputedly it was first used by the New York Times to describe Jimi Hendrix Experience, but the first well-documented usage of the term "heavy metal" referring to a style of music appears to be the May 1971 issue of Creem in a review of Sir Lord Baltimore's Kingdom Come.

10Q The first time sin is mentioned in the Bible, who is God talking to?

Talking to Cain.

11Q In the movies, who was prisoner number B-1560-8? The Fugitive.

12Q On the SNL band stage, what track number is shown in their Grand Central Station stage reproduction? 34

Whatcom County, WA and Lake of the Woods County, Minnesota