• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CONTEST!

1. Giorgio Moroders Radar Radio
3. Tommy the Toe
4. Paul David Hewson, Bono
5. Paul Derrett
6. Bodensalz brewing Company
7. Wisteria Lane
8. Speed of light in a vacuum
9. Sir Lord Baltimores Kingdom Come
10. Adam, Eve and the nefarious Serpant
11. Tim Robbins
12. 12

We have a winner! DemonR6 PM me with your shipping address.

I must say I thought that question #1 would take longer and that #6 would be a bit harder to find. However, you got the easy ones but that is enough. Here are the questions ad answers for everybody else.

1Q. At the end of the movie “Top Gun” Charlie put a quarter in the jukebox and plays “You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feelin’” What song was playing just before she did that?

A. Radar Radio

2Q. Who’s PA system did Jimi Hendrix use at the 1970 Isle of Wight Festival?

A. The Who’s

3Q. Tommy Walker is better known as….?

A. The Pinball Wizard (It’s a boy Mrs. Walker, it’s a boy) A bit more famous then Tommy the toe don't you think?

4Q. Who is the only person nominated for an Oscar, Grammy, Golden Globe and Nobel Prize?

A. Bono

5Q. What is the longest Organ Recital ever played?

A. HALBERSTADT, Germany, May 4 — If you miss Friday's musical happening at St. Burchardi Church in this eastern German town, no worries. There is always 2008. And the next year. And the one after that."It doesn't sound like Beethoven," said Rainer Neugebauer, a member of the foundation behind the performance, scheduled to last 639 years. In fact, you have about six more centuries to hear developments in the work being performed, a version of a composition by John Cage called "As Slow as Possible." A group of musicians and town boosters has given the title a ridiculously extreme interpretation, by stretching the performance to 639 years.

Like the imperceptible movement of a glacier, a chord change was planned for Friday. Two pipes were to be removed from the rudimentary organ (which is being built as the piece goes on, with pipes added and subtracted as needed), eliminating a pair of E's. Cage devotees, musicians and the curious have trickled in to Halberstadt, a town about two and a half hours southwest of Berlin by train known as the birthplace of canned hot dogs and home to a collection of 18,000 stuffed birds.

"In these times, acceleration spoils everything," said Heinz-Klaus Metzger, a prominent musicologist whose chance comments at an organ conference nine years ago sparked the project. "To begin a performance with the perspective of more than a half-millennium — it's just a kind of negation of the lifestyle of today."
The only limitations on the length of the performance are the durability of the organ and the will of future generations.

For anyone keeping records, the performance is probably already the world's longest, even though it has barely begun. The organ's bellows began their whoosh on Sept. 5, 2001, on what would have been Cage's 89th birthday. But nothing was heard because the musical arrangement begins with a rest — of 20 months. It was only on Feb. 5, 2003, that the first chord, two G sharps and a B in between, was struck. Notes are sounding or ceasing once or twice a year — sometimes at even longer intervals — always on the fifth day of the month, to honor Cage, who died in 1992.

6Q. Who made P.O.S. beer?

A.Philadelphia Brewing Co. (Philadelphia Old Stock)

7Q. What do the shows “Leave it to Beaver” and “Desperate Housewives” have in common?

A.They use the same houses for their sets.

8Q. What is the slowest measured speed of light?

A.Zero. In 1999, physicists led by Lene Vestergaard Hau of Harvard slowed the speed of light to a leisurely 38 miles per hour by shining it into an exotic ultracooled material known as Bose-Einstein condensate.
Two years later, Dr. Hau's group, as well as a second team of scientists at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, were able to bring light to a standstill — and then release it with its original properties intact.

9Q. The term “Heavy Metal” was first used in writing in a review of what group’s album? Name the group and the album,

A. Humble Pie “As Safe As Yesterday Is” “This album, more of the same 27th-rate heavy metal crap, is worse than the first two put together." Mike Saunders Rolling Stone #70 November, 1970; predating the Lord Baltimore article in Creem by 6 months.

10Q The first time sin is mentioned in the Bible, who is God talking to?

A. Cain (Genisis 4)

11Q In the movies, who was prisoner number B-1560-8?

A. Hannibal Lecter

12Q On the SNL band stage, what track number is shown in their Grand Central Station reproduction?

A. Track 30

13Q. Part of these counties (in the lower 48 states) can only be driven to by entering a foreign nation. What are the States and Counties? There are two.

A. North Angle, MN is surrounded by Canada and water and is part of Lake of the Woods County, MN. Port Roberts is a peninsula extending below the 49th parallel in Washington state and is part of Whatcom County, WA.

Honorable mention to Strayvector who got a couple of the really hard ones and only missed by 2 minutes. I'll send you something to, PM me your shipping addy.

Thanks for the killer contest. I love searching for trivia stuff. I woke up this morning, while still in bed grabbed my laptop and this was the first post I saw. A few hours later and my fiancee just yelled at me to get out of bed :laugh: . This was addicting, thanks again for the contest :thumbs: . PM sent.

Congrats DemonR6 :cool:

Great contest AVB :thumbs:

edited because I'm and idiot, forgot to refresh my page before posting. Demon already won

Awesome contest, AVB. Great job, Demon.

No need to send anything, AVB. The trivia contest itself is enough. Congrats on your soon to be 8000th post.

AVB just asked me in PM how I got the answer to number 1, so I thought I would share with you all too. It was complete and pure luck. I did a google search for "top gun jukebox" and the results turned up a Top Gun soundtrack review on Amazon.com. I read through about five or six reviews before I read one where a guy complained that Giorgio Moroder's Radar Radio wasn't on the CD and also said that it was the song that was on just before Charlie changed it. I could not believe I had found it that way. :laugh:

OK, up to you. I'll save it for the 9K contest :)

Awesome contest, AVB. Great job, Demon.

No need to send anything, AVB. The trivia contest itself is enough. Congrats on your soon to be 8000th post.

AVB just asked me in PM how I got the answer to number 1, so I thought I would share with you all too. It was complete and pure luck. I did a google search for "top gun jukebox" and the results turned up a Top Gun soundtrack review on Amazon.com. I read through about five or six reviews before I read one where a guy complained that Giorgio Moroder's Radar Radio wasn't on the CD and also said that it was the song that was on just before Charlie changed it. I could not believe I had found it that way. :laugh:

I broke out my wife's :whistling: VCR tape of the damn thing and fast forwarded to the end.

I broke out my wife's :whistling: VCR tape of the damn thing and fast forwarded to the end.
That was my first idea but I couldnt find my DVD. Then I searched Comcast On Demand for it with no luck and thought I would never figure it out.

Hold onto that thing…it’s a antique now :laugh:

I spent a good 10 minutes playing with the DVD trying to figure out what the song was so I could use it for this contest. I did a number of google searches too just to make sure it wasn't too eaily found but I guess I wasn't looking as hard as Demon :p

Dedicated folks we have here!! Congrats to ya R6

1:Giorgio Moroder's Radar Radio

2: Jethro Tull

3: Deaf, Dumb and Blind Boy

4: Bono

5: Paul Derrett - he gained an entry in the 1975 Guinness Book of Records for the longest organ recital ever given - sponsored for charity, it ran for over 80 hours and included no repeats. (I can't seem to find where the concert was played)

6: PHILADELPHIA BREWING COMPANY!

7: Wisteria Lane

8: 0 In 2003, Mikhail Lukin, with scientists at Harvard University and the Lebedev Institute in Moscow, succeeded in completely halting light by directing it into a mass of hot rubidium gas

9: Sir Lord Baltimore's Kingdom Come

10: Genesis 4:7 He is talking to Cain

11: The Fugitive.

12: 54

13:Aroostook County, Maine and Lake of the Woods County, Minnesota

*edit* lol I was working on these and posted them without seeing we had a winner... GRATS! :thumbs:

Thanks for the contest AVB!

Even with the answers posted your score is only 5 Wurm. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: