• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cooking steak with herb.

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
And I don't mean getting baked before you cook!šŸ¤£

I would like to hear how you guys cook the perfect steak with butter and herbs. I know people administer the herbs in many different ways and I'd like to hear what you think, and why?

Itā€™s simple for me.

When I Sous Vide, I pour some soy sauce on my steaks, salt and pepper. Then before I put them in plastic to vacuum pack, I semi dry them and place Irish Butter in the bag with several sprigs of rosemary. Sous Vide and then finish on the BGE.

Cast iron skillet method is the same, I just am way more generous with the soy sauce and place a lot of butter and rosemary for basting.

If I'm getting "fancy", I'll make a clarified compound butter with fresh thyme, rosemary, garlic , parsley , salt ,pepper. And whatever else i feel like.

Get a cast iron pan hot, throw the steaks and butter and baste.

Serve with some of the butter I didn't use in the pan.

If I am putting them on the smoker/grill, I just melt some butter coat the steak , and season with salt and pepper.

I think a good compound butter is a good way to bring in herbs. You can bast your steak in it and also finish off the steak with a spoonful on top. I use parsley, garlic, thyme, rosemary, basil, lemon zest if I have it and salt & pepper.
I second compound butter. I just found some at a local farm store. Its butter, garlic and spinach. On top of steak after flipped then baste,

I love cooking with my cast iron. The only issue is after cooking something like a steak which you cook at really high temperatures, it's a 20-minute cleanup of my stove.
Have you tried a salt block. I got one and used it a few times last year. Excellent sear on the meat. Easy to clean, cool and wipe with damp cloth or soft brush.

Have you tried a salt block. I got one and used it a few times last year. Excellent sear on the meat. Easy to clean, cool and wipe with damp cloth or soft brush.
Tell me more?

The cleanup of the cast iron skillet is not an issue. What is an issue is cleaning my entire stove from all the splatter.