• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Coolidor help

ricmac25

Token Cuban Guy
I'm going to put together a small coolidor. It doesn't have to be pretty. I'm still keeping my desktop humidors its just for additional storage. I'm probably just going to put my cigars in boxes then in the coolidor. I have a couple of questions:

1.) If I'm already putting the cigars in boxes, do I need more spanish cedar?

2.) Is climmax my best option and how much would I need? how do I put it in the coolidor?

3.) Would I leave the drain plug opened or closed???

Thanks for the help guys.

I'll give it a try...

IMHO:
1. Nope

2. I dunno how much..never done the coolidor thing...my fridgador (under the counter size), i use about a pound of climmax alternative. Placement can be in a small tupperware, you can make a bazillion little holes in the top so you don't spill. If you're gonna set it up on end, with a shelf.. maybe split the split the placement to 1/2 top and 1/2 bottom.

3. Closed. Just make sure to open your coolidor once a week to ogle your stash ;)

JIC you need a second opinion:

1) No
2) a half a pound should do you
3) Closed (in my exerience opening it once a week has never been a problem)

and if you need a third opinion.....

1) No

2)1/2 to 1 lb depending on the size of cooler. You can't have too much.

3)Closed, just open the top once or twice a week to allow fresh air to exchange.

A great way to store the CLIMMAX beads. Go to wallgreens and get individual silverware trays, they measure 9 x 2 x 2 {or pretty close to that} and can hold 1/2 lb each comfortably. The best thing is that they take up very little space in your coolerdor weather you are standing it up or goin' coffin style.

And forget about a small coolidor. You might as well just jump in with both feet and go straight to a 120 qt. cooler. Because if you go small as soon as it's full you'll be kicking yourself for not getting a bigger one! ;) :D

That is what I was going to do, but, My wife won't let me have one of hers, and I am sure as hell, not going to the store to buy some.

ParaGod said:
That is what I was going to do, but, My wife won't let me have one of hers, and I am sure as hell, not going to the store to buy some.
Wuss! :sign:

Hey PG, My wife didn't like the idea either but I did it anyway. Sure she's pissed. :0 But I only have to hear it once a week when I open my coolidor up :0 :p

emodx said:
Shadow said:
ParaGod said:
Wuss! :sign:
Yup!!!
Who you kiddin'! I'm sure you have a "draw" full! :sign:

Shadow said:
And forget about a small coolidor. You might as well just jump in with both feet and go straight to a 120 qt. cooler. Because if you go small as soon as it's full you'll be kicking yourself for not getting a bigger one! ;) :D
Yup! Save yourself the trouble of going back later for the big one. 1lb of beads will do the 120 also, go with the 65%. Great idea there Emo, panty hose, you could even hot glue the bag to the top lid.

Aloha Bruddah Ric!

As to your questions...

1) No, additional cedar isn't necessary if you have the cigars in boxes. I store my cigars in boxes and put the boxes in the Igloodor and they're fine.

2) IMO, Climmax is the best for Igloodors! The pantyhose is a good suggestion as I've seen pictures of people who suspend the ball of beads from the top of the cooler and it seems to work well. My suggestion would be to get the Respiracion de la Habana Humidifiers from Climmax. They come in 1/2 lb or 1 lb size, are already a sealed unit, look very cool, they work great and can be mounted to the lid or sides using velco stick tabs.

3) Keep the drainplug closed but I'd suggest you open your Igloodor often for some air exchange.

Hope this helps.

Aloha,

Wade

Well I finally bought a cooler and the beads are on the way. I bought a 28 qt. I know, I know, I wussed out and should have bought a bigger one. But this one fits perfectly in a night stand I have in my room. Besides, once I fill this up, that's it no more buying cigars.

No really.

I mean it.

That's it, no more cigars.

ricmac25 said:
Well, techinically I wouldn't be BUYING any more cigars.
Not to worry. I've got plenty of room. You can think of me as "off-site" storage. :sneaky: