• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Coolidor Help

bully1875

Ok, so I have this small 40 gal or so coolidor that has been flawless for me for almost a year now (thanks to CP for the idea). However my top shelf has been a little wabbly on me so I used some carpenters glue to reinforce the sides and all is well. Well, almost, I now have an odor in my coolidor. I just did this 20 mins ago. Is this going to go away? Any recommendations on how to get rid of the smell? Is this going to effect my sticks?

HELP !!! :0

Coolidor is open for the time being and the RH is dropping but hopefully the smell will go away.

Ya the glue should dry and the smell will go away. You might want to move your stick for a day or two if you can until the glue does dry.

Be careful with glue! I've never used any in my coolerdor, but I'd be very loathe to use anything that smelled strong in my humi. Hopefully it hasn't had time to funk up your cigars.

So did you glue this thing and immediately put it back in your cooler? Or did you leave it for a day or two to let it air and dry?

Be careful with glue! I've never used any in my coolerdor, but I'd be very loathe to use anything that smelled strong in my humi. Hopefully it hasn't had time to funk up your cigars.

So did you glue this thing and immediately put it back in your cooler? Or did you leave it for a day or two to let it air and dry?

I put it right back in.. I guess some pics are in order...

Stand by..

The wooden blocks in the corner..

DSCN1865.jpg

DSCN1866.jpg

I would move all cigars to another cooler with the beads, until the shelf dries, and the cooler has time to air out.

The coolidor has been open for a bit now and the smell has lighted up or else Im just too high from the glue to realize ???

You can move them to my cooler they will be in good hands :D ;)

I would at least remove the shelf to dry and just put the cigars back in the cooler for now.

The coolidor has been open for a bit now and the smell has lighted up or else Im just too high from the glue to realize ???

I'm goin' with this answer Bully!! :laugh:

But seriously, remove your cigars, and let the glue dry for a day or two...

Got it, Thanks Guys !!

Got it, Thanks Guys !!

Leave the door open?

Got it, Thanks Guys !!

Got it, Thanks Guys !!

Leave the door open?

If you are removing the cigars then yes, leave the door open.

If you are removing the cigars then yes, leave the door open.

He's so high right now, the man can't possible understand what any one of us are saying... He's quoted himself twice in the same post!! How can he possibly be in a position to think clearly??

These kids and "The Dope" these days!!! :laugh: