• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Coolidor is up and running

Gonz

Ultra Runner
I just wanted to say I've got my 100qt coolidor up and running, thanks mostly to the great info and pics found here. I was going to get some of the metal wire shelving to use, but I wondered if there would be a problem with rust, since it's such a high humidity environment. So I scrapped that plan and used wood instead.

Does anyone have any good tips on storing singles? It seems thats mostly all I have right now (around 100), and I just have them in assorted ziplocks on the shelves.

Thanks,

Gonz

Just put them in old boxes. If you don't have any old boxes you can beg or trade for them here.

I put my singles in individual ziplocks, the size for cigars, and store them in my empty cigar boxes in the coolerdor. I also bought spanish cedar off of ebay and used that for my shelves in my coolerdor.

My cooler is a bit smaller than yours. I didn't line it; just got a few empty unvarnished boxes from the local cigar store and that's what I use. My singles are stored in these boxes, in the cello. So far, it seems to be working great; got the cooler in a closet of an unused bedroom, and it runs 67F / 65% pretty much like clockwork.

Cheers - B.B.S.

I keep my singles in boxes as well... no ziplocks at all. And I did use the wire shelves, but they are plastic coated so the only problem might be the ends where they were cut to fit... and I got extra plastic caps to cover the cut ends. time will tell.

And I also got some cedar off ebay, and I ended up drilling a couple of holes in each piece and zip-tying them to the underside of my wire shelves. They don't take up any space at all, and I like having the extra buffer for the RH factor.

Holding steady at 65% with 1# of the beads in it, and the Cigar Oasis which is only plugged in right after I close the door.