• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Coolidor Mold

Solksjaer

I received a sampler from an online source on wednesday and didn't have time to inspect them. Today I finally got around to looking at them and noticed 4 of them have green mold on 'em. I have taken the entire lot of them out of the coolidor. Is their any precaution I need to take so I dont infect the rest of sticks. Do I need to wash out the coolidor, throw it away and start from scratch with a new one. (I've got four other boxes in their)

Thank you!!

I received a sampler from an online source on wednesday and didn't have time to inspect them. Today I finally got around to looking at them and noticed 4 of them have green mold on 'em. I have taken the entire lot of them out of the coolidor. Is their any precaution I need to take so I dont infect the rest of sticks. Do I need to wash out the coolidor, throw it away and start from scratch with a new one. (I've got four other boxes in their)

Thank you!!

1)
homonym police:
'there' - but that's another story!

2)
Search is your friend

3)
Linky

Good luck!

Were the moldy cigars in their box and the box was closed (or in a baggie and it was closed)? Then I doubt much damage was done to the other boxes.

If so...

1) Get in contact with the company who sent you the moldy sticks and demand a refund.

2) Take out the other boxes and set them off to the side leaving them closed.

3) Wash out your coolider with hot soapy water and let it dry.

4) Wipe down the other boxes with a dry cloth and then open them up and inspect the cigars.

5) Replace everything back into the clean coolidor and you should be fine.

Don't smell good.

I will probably get another cooler, the one I've got wasn't great quality.

English was never my thing, I prefer math.

Thanks for the help.

In that case, here's your recommended course of action.

Wilkey

Were the moldy cigars in their box and the box was closed (or in a baggie and it was closed)? Then I doubt much damage was done to the other boxes.

If so...

1) Get in contact with the company who sent you the moldy sticks and demand a refund.

2) Take out the other boxes and set them off to the side leaving them closed.

3) Wash out your coolider with hot soapy water and let it dry.

4) Wipe down the other boxes with a dry cloth and then open them up and inspect the cigars.

5) Replace everything back into the clean coolidor and you should be fine.

pfffft.... just smoke 'em. The buzz you get from green moldy cigars is awesome!!

It's definetly going back. Had 2 moldy, and 4 plugged ones so far.

You, my friend, need to open up your coolidor more often and fan fresh air in... plugged cigars and mold mean the humidity is way too high.

Might be time to change the batteries in your hygrometer and salt test them again as well.