• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Costco/Kirkland Signature products

badhangover

The Vodka thread got me thinking about this. I was at Costco today and saw a Kirkland vodka. Big n' cheap, Costco style. I gotta say, I've generally been pretty darn pleased with their range of store branded products. From batteries to yogurt, they rarely fail to win me over.

Has anyone had their vodka and is able to offer up an opinion on it?

What of their offerings do you like?

Costco has some of the best damn chicken salad. Quick and easy to throw that onto some bread with a little mustard. I hate costco though, I always go there thinking I'm going to save money and somehow end up still spending 200+ every time :blush:

....I hate costco though, I always go there thinking I'm going to save money and somehow end up still spending 200+ every time :blush:
....only $200.00...?? Bro, you're getting out of there easy.... :laugh:

Our Costco has fresh roasted coffee in store. Pretty darn good joe for the price, to be sure.

We buy a lot of household stuff with the Kirkland brand. Pretty much without exception, it's quality stuff.

Regards - B.B.S.

By the way, although it was "Big n' cheap" I specifically mentioned, it is their consistent high quality that has won me over through the years. Enough so that I will routinely choose their product(s) previously untried by me over their national brand product competition.

Now about that vodka.... :whistling:

lets just say we have the Executive membership, and it MORE than pays for itself. Camping gear, computer stuff, smoking material (ribs, brisket, shoulder, brown sugar...) GREAT ribeyes, dog treats... I always hit Costco first, then the little stores to supplement what they didn't have. Hell, every Thursday returning from our usual herf downtowm, I hit Costco and pick up a roasted chicken and mashed potatoes! Wifely Unit loves their chickens...

As far as their brand items... laundry soap, toilet paper, photo paper, and more than I can remember at the moment! I just wish their sold diesel fuel!

I love their ham and the relatives from overseas love their vitamins. I've tried Costco's steaks but thought better quality meat could be bought at the local supermarket for less. Kirkland also had a relatively cheap scotch that was bottled by Macallan. Some loved it and thought it was a bargain; others thought otherwise. I recall the Kirkland brand vodka is bottled by Grey Goose, no?

My dad lives in Montana (Bozeman) and works at the Costco there. All he buys is the Kirkland stuff. I specifically remember their coffee. It's pretty damn good too. But he uses everything from food, to household goods. Great quality! Thank God you made thread thread too because I was thinking about it yesterday and for the life of me I couldn't remember what their store brand name was! Thanks!

The Kirkland branded Starbucks coffees are great.
I enjoy the French Roast alot but I LOVE the Sumatra they have now!
One of the best coffee deals I know of.

Just remember just because other products say Kirkland doesn't necesarily mean they are cheaper then the well known branded items.
Always compare the prices!

-Rob

I've had the vodka and liked it. I'm pretty picky with my vodka - I drink vodka sodas and wont drink many of the brands out there. My favs are Ketel and Belvedere and generally dont like Grey Goose, but I thought that the Kirkland brand was pretty good for the price...even in soda.

I know we've been pleased with many of their products, but the two things that really stand out in my memory are their dog beds and their pineapples. They sell quality Kirkland brand dog beds at a fraction of the price you'd pay for the same thing at Petco and they last just as long which really adds up when one of your dogs is a furious and feverish nester. Costco's pineapples are much more luscious than the ones we would normally get at the grocery store, and while Costco's require 5 or 10 minutes worth of cutting and coring, it's about $2 for a whole one at Costco versus $6 for cored and cut half at the grocery store.

I love their ham and the relatives from overseas love their vitamins. I've tried Costco's steaks but thought better quality meat could be bought at the local supermarket for less. Kirkland also had a relatively cheap scotch that was bottled by Macallan. Some loved it and thought it was a bargain; others thought otherwise. I recall the Kirkland brand vodka is bottled by Grey Goose, no?

This is what i have heard about the vodka.... But isn't part of the fun having the name?

Maybe i am just shallow :sign:

Olive Oil, household goods, meat (just got a beef loin of Prime for like 8 bucks a pound???). It was a steal for diapers too when the kid was wearing them.

I buy a ton of stuff from Costco. If it has the Kirkland name on it, rest assured it's being manufactured by only one of the best.

Yes, the Kirkland brand Vodka is indeed Grey Goose. I know this for a fact; PM me if you need more info on how I know. ;)

They sell these really awesome soft, chewy, giant chocolate chip cookies. They come (or used to) in a plastic container with about 20 of them. They're very good, especially when they're fresh and nice and soft.

??? Costco just sucked their monthly piece of life out of me today in Billings, MT... I would have to say that Costco definitely carries quality products. My wife and I have been making a monthly commute to Billings for Costco since we moved to Wyoming and we have tried a lot of the Kirkland products and have not been disappointed as of yet. Everything from their food to cleaning products has always been top notch.

Mike

Wifey also let me visit Tobacco Row on King Ave in Billings, nice selection in a well maintained walk-in humi--picked up a new Xikar cutter. :D I was also going to visit Stogies in downtown Billings but it began to grow late in the day and was time to return home.

I know we've been pleased with many of their products, .....

Just wanted to say I love your avatar: directional indicator from a Valentine One radar detector. I've spent 10's of thousands of miles with an eye on those arrows :laugh: Best damn radar detector made.

- Tim