• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Could use some positive energy

Positive Energy on the way! You don't need luck, you already know the info, just relax and let it out.

Positive energy coming your way. Now go in there on Thursday and knock their dicks in the dirt!

Matt,

I'll be happy to do what I can, good luck, not that you'll need it.

Awesome brother. All the positive energy I can spare is headed to ya! Good luck on Thurs.

Hey Matt,

Good luck and stay strong. As said earlier conficence pursuades as much as any acedemic arguement. I'm working another Herf with the Cent PA guys in a couple weeks, maybe we can get together and celebrate or something. We'll keep you in the loop.

-K-

Best of LUCK - Matt!
goodluck.gif

Thanks for all the well wishes fellas...looks like they worked! I passed the defense with no surprises. I was told by many many people that the actual defense part would be easier than I expected, but I still couldn't believe it when they came out of the room and told me their decision to pass me! It was surprisingly anticlimactic, but I suspected it would be. It is just now starting to hit me how much change is on the horizon. I am making some final revisions to the written part of my thesis, but they were things I knew I would probably have to work on from the time I turned it in to my committee. I should have that done in a couple weeks just working on it in the evenings and should have no problem meeting all of the submission deadlines. So, today (Tuesday) is the official starting date for my postdoc position. My thesis was based on ricin, and I am now starting a short (4 month) postdoc with my thesis adviser doing some HIV binding studies. This is the first time since kindergarten that I am not a student (and I'm almost 28!!!!!!) Kinda surreal, but I'm sure it won't take long to get used to it! I'm still going to be busy for several months, but should be able to spend at least a little bit of time around the board. Just got back from spending the weekend in Baltimore to celebrate...had a nice dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse (actually lost weight after the meal once I got the bill!!! :0 ) and then had a nice cigar with my wife upstairs at the Havana Club. Definitely a change of pace from what I'm used to, but was lots of fun. Anyways, thought I'd give you all an update, and thank you for the positive thoughts. The worst is over, and soon I will start looking for a job somewhere in the pharmaceutical industry. Hopefully something nice will work out. Just wanted to share an update with you. Thanks again! See you all around.

Matt
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Congratulations Matt! Was there really any doubt? I bet there wasn't. ;)