• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cozumel updates?

Cohiba Gent

Hi All,

NuB here with first post. I ran a search and found threads dating back to over a year ago and was wondering if anyone could provide current information to my question?

I will be cruising and would like to make a purchase of a few ISOM's in Cozumel. I have read about the past situation regarding the Havana Club and its owner. Is Mimi (the original owner) still operating a store elsewhere or has she since moved on? I did not see a listing for a registered LCDH in Cozumel. I'd appreciate the help.

P.S. As a lurker--for about 6 months--I've enjoyed reading the boards.

I was there about 6 months ago and didn't see any real sticks. YMMV

you could pickup a sweet box of fakes for like 10 bucks :) but the white sand beaches are sweet with any cigar. ;)

Hi All,

NuB here with first post. I ran a search and found threads dating back to over a year ago and was wondering if anyone could provide current information to my question?

I will be cruising and would like to make a purchase of a few ISOM's in Cozumel. I have read about the past situation regarding the Havana Club and its owner. Is Mimi (the original owner) still operating a store elsewhere or has she since moved on? I did not see a listing for a registered LCDH in Cozumel. I'd appreciate the help.

But you never noticed anyone else posting introductions? :D

Oh well, chances are slim you'll find authentic cuban cigars down there, best to just bring your own from home. Enjoy your cruise!

Hi All,

But you never noticed anyone else posting introductions? :D

Oh well, chances are slim you'll find authentic cuban cigars down there, best to just bring your own from home. Enjoy your cruise!

Guess I never knew it was a formality or such, but I did go ahead and post an introduction. Thanks for the reminder. :)

I visited the 'Havana House' store in Cozumel a few months ago. They had the LCDH sign posted, but I'm not sure if they are still authorized. The store is located in the Forum shops, upstairs. They do have some awesome mojitos at the bar. I would suggest you buy your smokes from the LCDH store in Grand Cayman, if you visit there. Ask for Wallace, the tall guy, he knows his stuff.................enjoy your cruise..............

I did not spot any real ones when I was there. However, I did buy a couple of fauxibas from a beach peddler that actually tasted pretty good.